A New Dawn

Thread: A New Dawn

Thumbs up A New Dawn

Hi to all Members

I'm glad to be here and join in on thrilling chats about Adventures, Beautiful destinations and our tools.

A little bit about me:

1) I Live in the Western Cape Table View area ( A great spot I reckon)
    2) I have a SWAMBO... if Girlfriends apply to that term? She enjoys camping(Lucky me)
    3) I own a Kia Rio, which has already proven to be a problem when I headed through Baviaanskloof( well.. some of it). Current solution on the table is to decrease monthly pmnts by selling and getting a Nissan Np200 or Chev Ut. Very few options these days for around 150000 with low mileage. Maybe someone could advise me on this?
    4) I am starting to prep for a nomadic lifestyle. Sofar I've got the following that im proud of: Campmaster cabin 500 ; 2 2mx5m groundnets ; 5 kg gas bottle (Light and grill attachments); 1 camping chair
    Everything that you don't see here I probably have had to borrow in my previous trips.
    5 ) Speaking about previous trips I would like to write down all the destinations I've been to but I was still a Klientjie for most of it. Recently went to Baviaans and Onrus since I decided to start camping
    6) Planning a trip to Mozam in December so I'm exctied about that.

Default Re: A New Dawn

Hi there

Cool, start small with your camping apparatus, then you'll soon realize what you need as time goes by. But get a camping chair for SWAMBO as well, you cruel man!

And yes, you test the waters on this forum for the REAL advice, so get a 4x4! It opens up sooo many more camping opportunities without the crowds...
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Welcome to the forum and enjoy:-)

Welkom en geniet dit hier

Thanks members for the welcome. Swambo will be getting a directors style chair with side table you can count on it! Also cannot wait for my 4x4 so I can get my off-road on.