Ford & Mazda Bad mazda customer service in sa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rockford66 Guest

Unhappy Bad mazda customer service in sa

Dear "valued" Mazda/Ford owners and would be owners in SA

I have just send an email to CEO Alan Mulally in the US and Mr. Hal Feder CEO of Mazda SA and expressed my utterly disgust at Mazda SA's "none existed customer service" Its unbelievable with which disregard and unprofessionalism Mazda handles its "customer service" here in South Africa! I can frankly tell you, that I will make it my mission to prevent as many as possible customers worldwide on the Internet and via articles from even considering to buy those cars!

My 2007 Mazda Drifter differential packed up after only 40000km (damage R12000) in June 2008. I asked Auto Porters in Cape Town to do a full comprehensive assessment which I never received - my warranty claim was refused! comment "we can't do anything for you". No solution or compromise was offered by mazda.

Then my digital clock wasn't working - comment mazda/Ford in Wynberg Cape Town - "buy a new clock for R1200" - the next day my absolute genius mechanic Brian had the problem fixed in 1min by changing the fuse. He also fixed the differential in 1 day for half the price I was quoted by Auto Porters.

I have written to Mazda several times with no success or reply from them since June 2008.

Its sad and disappointing that such a reputable brand like Mazda seem to be very reluctant to keep its customers happy and is not offering a better customer service.

Although I like my Mazda Drifter pick up truck its hard to accept that when it comes to warranty and customer service that there is no AFTER SALES SERVICE.

Why was the claim refused?
    98 Hilux 2.8D D/C 4x4

So jy sien, as jy weer iets koop, betaal minder en koop dieselfde bakkie met n Ford badge op. Ek het nog nooit n pyn met Ford gekry nie. Hulle het net voordat my waarborg verval het vir my nuwe shockes ingesit.
    So Ford SA is baie nice en hulle help waar hulle kan (IMHO)

Just one more question, Do you have a 2007 or 2006. I noticed that in your profile you have a 2006.

About rockford66
    Vehicle
    Madza Drifter 2006
    Town
    Cape Town
    Adriaan

I also haven't had any issues with Ford. Lazarus Ford replaced a whole bunch of bits at 83000km and replaced Lunar's clutch at 65000km after Hatfield Ford didn't want to replace it under warranty

But, looking at Cois's situation and now this, perhaps the Cape Town dealers is where the problem lies. Tony and his guys at Lazarus ford Centurion have always been very helpfull and Scrat didn't have any issues in PE either, but it seems that some dealers just don'e care
    Christo Davids
    Land Cruiser 105 4500 EFI
    Hilux 2.8GD6 Extracab 4x4

I have my bakkie serviced at Porters Auto in Rondebosch and I've always received excellent service from Glen and his team.
    '02 Patrol 3.0Di GL

Christo the dealer cant refuse a claim.Only the manufacturer can, because he is paying for it.If the dealer do the work without the manufacturers permision then he will not be payed for the work done.Now a claim can only be rejected if there is something wrong with the service history or any other reason that the manufacturer doesnt agree with as stipulated in the service book.In the "clutch case you mentioned" the second dealer asked for special permission to do the job.If a part is just out of warrenty and it brakes then the dealer can look at the service history and if nothing wrong with it then ask for a goodwill policy where by the manufacturer then decide yes help the customer.So if you have a good relationship with your dealer ,he will look after you.
    98 Hilux 2.8D D/C 4x4

rockford66 Guest

Default Mazda refused warranty claim for diff

hi guys, hi range rover its a 2007 drifter - got it wrong in my member id - hi wiel the claim was refused because i hadnt done all services with mazda - big mistake i know - well now everyone ll say - ahh thats quite simple then - but in my view it isnt - since how is it possible that a diff can break after just 40.000km! - and bye the way i have an excellent mechanic here in hout bay who i can trust with my car - he was the one who fixed the problem in no time, after mazda refused even to do a proper assessment and formost take a closer look at the damaged part itself. just to decline the claim on the merits of a "service book" its just not good enough - and no reply at all to my complaints is even more upsetting.

The problem with warranties, in my opinion, is always the fine print. If you buy new vehicle you have to stick religously to the service plan/intervals in order to have any sort of claim. You just need to skip one service or have a garage do work that is not within the warranty fine print and you are on a one way trip to nowhere as the dealers will have ammunition to refute your claim.

We bought a used Land Rover Defender ( 1992 V8 ) and mindful of reliability issues we purchased a Motorite insurance. When the time came to repair things we had a fairly large bill which was presented to Motorite and then we were told they would only pay a small percentage due to the age of the vehicle. It was in the fine print and we did not read it and in the end the warranty was not worth the paper it was written on because I did the servicing myself - we could not afford to have it done by the specified garage.

Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware. You have to play the game by their rules if you decide to go that route. Its all very well having the warranty but one must be very aware of what you have signed for. I'll bet somewhere within the first 40,000km the warranty probably has a tiny one liner in the service schedule - check differential oil levels and of course the dealer will use this to offset a warranty claim even though you know and they know its a load of you know what.

My sympathies - been there, done that, got the stretch marks!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by rockford66 View Post
    hi guys, hi range rover its a 2007 drifter - got it wrong in my member id - hi wiel the claim was refused because i hadnt done all services with mazda - big mistake i know - well now everyone ll say - ahh thats quite simple then - but in my view it isnt - since how is it possible that a diff can break after just 40.000km! - and bye the way i have an excellent mechanic here in hout bay who i can trust with my car - he was the one who fixed the problem in no time, after mazda refused even to do a proper assessment and formost take a closer look at the damaged part itself. just to decline the claim on the merits of a "service book" its just not good enough - and no reply at all to my complaints is even more upsetting.
    Rockford66,

I was in that exact same situation when I broke my Ranger's front diff at 74 000km. I have a mechanic, who is RMI registered and so on, who is an absolute 2.5 TDI buff. I bought the Ranger 2nd hand and always had it serviced by him.
    When I broke the front diff, Ford also gave me the middel finger... Needless to say, I will never buy a new vehicle from them but I will buy a 2nd hand one from someone else. Gearmax quoted me R36 000 for a new front diff and R19 000 for a reconditioned one with a 6 month warrenty.

Then I got with Ultimate Auto Works in Brackenfell and they did the solid front axle job for R27 500. I'm still good friends with some of the Ford salesmen and they have invited me on a Ford/Mazda 4x4 experiance day and I didn't even have to pay for it, just because I drive a Ford.

m2cw
    Last edited by offroad junky; 2008/09/28 at 10:28 AM.
    Offroad junky
    '97 SsangYong Musso 602 EL exec
    '14 Citroen DS4 2.0 HDI swambo's platkar

Previously;
    '03 Nissan HB 3.0TD D/C 4x4
    '07 Hilux D4D D/C 4x4
    '16 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC XL Hi-Rider
    '12 Disco 4 SDV6 SE - Beauty
    '06 Disco 3 TDV6 S (De-cat, EGR blanked, remap, Johnson rods suspension rods, 285/65-R17 Kuhmo KL61) - Beast
    '04 Terracan 3.5 V6
    '96 Ssang Yong Musso 602 (non turbo manual)
    '04 Ford Ranger 2.5 TDI D/C 4x4 with Solid front axle and 33" Maxxis

This is where my attitude is,
    I drive it
    I service it
    I break it
    I fix it.

I just don't believe that the frustration is worth it. They can all go and suck.............
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

rockford66 Guest

Default BAD Madza service

i agree offroad J., let the dealers - dealers be lesson learnt : dont buy from them any new vehicle with any nonsense warranty, worth nothing anyway. frankly, all in all i am happy with the mazda drifter - i ll continue not to service it with madza, since i only trust on guy when it comes to mechanical work, thats Brian in hout bay, he is the best bye the way, just got some new tires from HI-Q, goodyear HP 255/70/15C - they got it on special at the moment for R760 incl.vat + fitting, isnt exactly 4 off road use but runs great and very quiet on the road - not sure how long its gonna last though...

Thumbs down Goodyear Wrangler HP tyres? Nahhhh....

bye the way, just got some new tires from HI-Q, goodyear HP 255/70/15C - they got it on special at the moment for R760 incl.vat + fitting, isnt exactly 4 off road use but runs great and very quiet on the road - not sure how long its gonna last though...
    I hope you have better service out of those tyres than most other people, including me. Go and look at this site what their ratings are:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....gler+HP#Survey

Compare this to the:
    Pirelli Scorpion ATR: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ion+ATR#Survey
    BFG AT: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....%2FA+KO#Survey
    Grabber AT2: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....er+AT+2#Survey

I got them as OEM fitment on the Disco3 and think they are absolute bl**dy cr*p that should be banned from any 4x4 or offroad application. I got 38000 km out of mine when I was forced to replace them due to (a) wear (b) instability on road (c) weekly punctures. Almost anything else out there is better.
    Dries Venter

2006 Discovery 3 V8 SE aka TuTix
    Opgegradeer vanaf
    Groenie die Draak - 1999 Disco I V8i
    Gelie - 1985 110 Hardtop V8

"I like the Land Rover Rock'n'Roll"

just to decline the claim on the merits of a "service book" its just not good enough
    The rule is straight forward.You support the dealer and he will support you.How can the dealer survive if everyone service their own cars but when something brake, expect the dealer to repair it.If you service it ,you must repair it.
    98 Hilux 2.8D D/C 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by wiel View Post
    The rule is straight forward.You support the dealer and he will support you.How can the dealer survive if everyone service their own cars but when something brake, expect the dealer to repair it.If you service it ,you must repair it.
    Now this is where the crunch comes in.

If the stealers pricing was reasonable, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Just phoned the stealers for an idler pulley to tension the aircon belt. R1600. Now they wonder why we don't want to support them.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

Quote Originally Posted by henris View Post
    Now this is where the crunch comes in.

If the stealers pricing was reasonable, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Just phoned the stealers for an idler pulley to tension the aircon belt. R1600. Now they wonder why we don't want to support them.
    henris its a free world out there.You can spend youre money where you want to if you not happy with the price.Like a docter said:Then go and see a Sangoma if you want cheap service.
    98 Hilux 2.8D D/C 4x4

With regards to dealer service pricing,

I paid R950 for the ranger's 90 000km service at Lazarus Ford Centurion, all included

It is the first time that I took the bakkie to the dealers for a service, as my previous bakkie was over 140 000km when I bought it

I don't know what services normally cost, but on the previous ranger i paid around R1500 to R2500 for every service. when comparing Lazarus ford to this, they are not that expensive

With regards to customer service from Lazarus ford, I bought the bakkie from Scrat, it had play on the wheels, I took it to the dealer, who has never met me before and they fixed it under warranty, as well as fixing the calipers, etc. No questions asked, because the service book was up to date. With Lunar's ranger it was the same story. My point is, if a service centre provides good service up front, I will suppoprt them. You don't support a service centre and then get good service after supporting them for a while. they provide good service, you support them - simple as that
    Christo Davids
    Land Cruiser 105 4500 EFI
    Hilux 2.8GD6 Extracab 4x4

ek werk by 'n agent en die warranty kan nie geweier word nie maar hulle probeer baie maal uit die warranty werk uitkom want die labour wat hulle op warranties betaal word is minder as gewone dienste ens. probeer net 'n ander agent en gee die tak aan.

Default My experience with Ford

I purchased my ford Ranger from Barlow World fod in Pinetown.
    I have had nothing but incredible service from them. One of the conditions was that I had to service the vehilcle every 10000 km.
    I had a problem in that my vehicle needed to be serviced while I was in Namibia. Novel Ford in Windhoek Serviced it and also gave me a complimentary vehicle
    I came back and noticed a small insignificant leak on my wheel axle which could easily been spot welded Neverthe less they replaced the diff completely.
    I have had nothing but joy from Barlow World ford Maybe there is one in Capetown that you could approach to sort your problems out
    Regards
    Rob

I've had 3 new vehicles in the last 7 years.
    3 different brands
    6 different dealers used for "service"
    One guy did a decent job but no longer works for Ford. The other 5 are on my forever blacklist.

My current vehicles are now out of warranty/maintenance plan, and it's like getting a divorce from an abusive marriage. Now I don't have to take a day off work and hang around 40km from home waiting for an appy to crossthread everything and do oil changes on a cold motor for R500 per hour.

My next vehicle will NOT be new because I would rather have the choice of whether I want to pay for a warranty or not, and won't again be forced to use a workshop that would not exist for a month in a free market.

I'm with Sir Henris on this one.
    Rob
    Defender 90 pickup. Lexus V8, Spitronics, 33" KL71, beadlocks, +2" Terrafirma, ATB's, 3.75 CW&P, 1.21 TC.
    Series IIA 88" pickup
    Disco 2 ES TD5
    Disco 1 ES 300TDi
    Subaru impreza WRX
    Porsche Boxster S
    Shamrock Cobra 350
    Buell XB12R

Smile Service Survey

I bought a 2008 3.0Tdci 4x4 earlier this year and it had its 50k service just after I got it with Kelfords in Somerset West (took it there because I know a salesman). Besides the service I requested the following to be attended to:
    Rattle in dash on drivers side
    Rattle in passenger side dash airbag
    Rattle in drivers door

No prizes for telling how many rattles remain! I wonder if they changed the oil??

My question; is there a Ford/Mazda dealer in Cape Town worth dealing with or should I drive to PE or Pretoria to service my vehicle while under warranty? I'm not looking for someone who says the right things, has a friendly service lady that does follow-up phone calls and then does nothing about the response you give. I'm talking competent petrol/diesel-heads who are good at their jobs... and don't crossthread everything The guy I bought from was very happy with the Ford Dealer in Vredenburg.

I don't think our requests for good competent service agents is unrealistic. I used to drive, restore and maintain defenders/series vehicles (long pause while listening to LC owners jabber on) so I know what effort/expertise is involved and its not rocket science.

I'm posted two polls in the Ford/Mazda forum and will post the links here. They will be a list of all agents within 150km of Cape Town. The one will be vote for the "best service experience" you've had and the other the "worst service experience". This will hopefully leave us with a general idea of who is serious about service? I don't mind driving or paying for good service. I do much driving north of the border and I don't want to find out that some tonsil has crossthreaded my sump plug when changing oil 2000km from SA!

Please vote on the links below and tell your Ford/Mazda 4x4 buddy's to do likewise. Lets find the decent service agents and start supporting them!

Good service: http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=67593
    Bad service: http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=67595

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast