Mabuasehube

Thread: Mabuasehube

Default Mabuasehube

I have read through all the threads regarding Mabuasehube and found them very good & informing.
    However these threads are fairly old (Khosaan Oct 07, Hoffie June 07, Bostoe Dec 06). Conditions may have changes since.
    We will be in Mabuasehube between 8 November & 14 November 2008 (departing Nossop 8 & return Nossop 14).
    Has any body done this trip very recently?
    I need info like:
    1. Do you pay SA Conservation fees while your are in the Bots side?
    2. What is the road condition between Nossop & Mabuasehube (Overgrown, corregated, very sandy ect.)?
    3. Is it preferable to stop over at Matopi or should we push through?
    4. Which Pans are the best to stay over taking into consideration facilities (water, shower, toilet) veiw, & game activity (Lions)? We want to break the stay in Mabuasahube in two.
    5. Which camp sites at the spesific Pan are the better ones re. 4 above?
    6. Does all the camp sites have braai facilities or should one take your own?
    7. What is the round trip distance Nossop, Mabuasehube, Nossop?
    8. I know the next question is the same as how long is a piece of string but what fuel consumption can one expect in Mabuasehube for a Jeep Commander 5.7lt HEMI?
    9. I intend to take 80 lt extra. Will that be OK?
    10. How much water per person per day should one take?
    11. What fees are payable in Mabuasehube and can all these fees paid upfront? If not should one take PULA to pay there?
    12. Is it better to come back to Nossop via the Mabuasehube Wilderness Trail and what is the cost?
    13. Does the shop at Nossop sell decent braai wood to take with?
    Any other info will be higly apreciated.

Johan

Hi, hope the below is helpful..

need info like:
    1. Do you pay SA Conservation fees while your are in the Bots side?
      No SA conservation fees but Botswana entrance fees (about P20pp per day I think, cheaper than other Bots parks)
    2. What is the road condition between Nossop & Mabuasehube (Overgrown, corregated, very sandy ect.)?
      Sandy for the first ~50k then very corrugated in parts (at least it was when I was there in June) due to people not driving their 4x4s properly
    3. Is it preferable to stop over at Matopi or should we push through?
      Motopi has no facilities at all (just a bush clearing) and not much game (campsites don't overlook pans or anything) so I would push through, allow 6-7 hrs from Nossob - Bosobogolo
    4. Which Pans are the best to stay over taking into consideration facilities (water, shower, toilet) veiw, & game activity (Lions)? We want to break the stay in Mabuasahube in two.
      All the pans are good for game but facilities depend on individual sites... Mpaathutlwa is probably the most attractive pan.
    5. Which camp sites at the spesific Pan are the better ones re. 4 above?
      Bosobogolo #1, Mpaathutlwa #1, Mabuasehube #4 (#1 - this one has the best view but no facilities, 2&3 share facilities), Lesholoago #2, Monamodi #2. Khiding - both sites share facilities
    6. Does all the camp sites have braai facilities or should one take your own?
      Basic braai facilities - I'd bring my own even if they were there as often they're broken
    7. What is the round trip distance Nossop, Mabuasehube, Nossop?
      Depends on where in Mabua but Nossob - Bosobogolo - Nossob is 340km
    8. I know the next question is the same as how long is a piece of string but what fuel consumption can one expect in Mabuasehube for a Jeep Commander 5.7lt HEMI?
      I only do Defenders
    9. I intend to take 80 lt extra. Will that be OK?
      Should be plenty - Nossob has water
    10. How much water per person per day should one take?
      10L per person per day minimum although some sites have (unreliable) non-drinking water
    11. What fees are payable in Mabuasehube and can all these fees paid upfront? If not should one take PULA to pay there?
      I think its mandatory now that all fees are paid up front. As far as I know its P30pp camping + P20pp entry +P10? vehicle per day
    12. Is it better to come back to Nossop via the Mabuasehube Wilderness Trail and what is the cost?
      Don't think they allow single vehicles on the trail
    13. Does the shop at Nossop sell decent braai wood to take with?
      Sorry not sure about this one

Sorry on #9 meant to say, Nossob has fuel

Default Mabuasehube

Hi Andyrag

I knew there is a abundance of knowlegde out there. Just need to ask.

Thanks for your very helpfull reply.

Johan