Space X Launch webcast - Page 3





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,151
    Thanked: 684

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    21:22

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,941
    Thanked: 315

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    I will tune in a bit later.
    I was so disappointed the other night after watching for 2 - 3 hours, really hope they can launch this time.
    It's in pubs where the world's greatest ideas begin.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,520
    Thanked: 468

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Looking positive....
    T - 20 minutes
    Everybody needs to believe in something.... I believe I will have another Beer!

    Travel Blog: https://since1652.wordpress.com/

    https://www.instagram.com/since1652travel/

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Papsak For This Useful Post:


  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sinoville Pretoria
    Age
    63
    Posts
    790
    Thanked: 576

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    27 000km/h in 15 min, not bad
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ezulwini Eswatini
    Posts
    1,667
    Thanked: 2019

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Daar vat hy!

    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,151
    Thanked: 684

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sinoville Pretoria
    Age
    63
    Posts
    790
    Thanked: 576

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Quote Originally Posted by julius caesar View Post
    27 000km/h in 15 min, not bad
    Must reach and maintain 27 000km/h to go out and remain there.

    Eish, not so easy to leave Mama Terra Firma
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sinoville Pretoria
    Age
    63
    Posts
    790
    Thanked: 576

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Pieter, what time will that me on my simple watch, Half past 2 this afternoon?
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    46
    Posts
    84
    Thanked: 136

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Quote Originally Posted by julius caesar View Post
    Pieter, what time will that me on my simple watch, Half past 2 this afternoon?
    South Africa is GMT + 2, so expected docking time here is 4:29pm

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltmaster For This Useful Post:


  12. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanked: 977

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    A little bit of fun on a very serious mission!













    SpaceX launched its most precious cargo yet into space on Saturday: two NASA astronauts and a plush, sequinned dinosaur toy.



    At 21:22 South African time, a Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, carrying the Crew Dragon spaceship that SpaceX designed and NASA funded. It's the first time a commercial spacecraft has carried humans into space, and the first time astronauts have launched from the US since the end of the Space Shuttle Program nine years ago.
    It's also the first time a sequinned dinosaur has been to space. (Though dinosaur fossils have traveled beyond our atmosphere before.)
    The toy carries on a tradition of spaceships carrying plushies with them. Once the toys start to float around, observers know the ship has left the pull of Earth's gravity. That's why they're often called "zero-gravity indicators."
    Astronaut Bob Behnken pushes aside a plush dinosaur toy floating around the cabin of the Crew Dragon as it reaches low-Earth orbit, May 30, 2020. NASA TV





    About 10 minutes after launch, the plushie appeared in NASA's live feed of the Crew Dragon, where it was floating around the cabin of the spaceship. It drifted towards Behnken, and he pushed it aside.
    "Looks like we saw our zero-G indicator floating around there," a NASA commentator said as the dinosaur appeared. "I know Bob and Doug owe us a little bit about what exactly that is that they brought up with them."
    It is unclear who picked out the dinosaur, why they chose it, or whether it has a name.
    Observers first spotted the dinosaur in NASA's live feed of launch preparations on Wednesday, when the rocket was first scheduled to liftoff (and then delayed due to poor weather).










    https://www.businessinsider.co.za/tr....1590910821363
    Last edited by Patrick L; 2020/05/31 at 09:46 AM.
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

    - Charles Bukowski

  13. #51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,771
    Thanked: 601

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    10:29 edt = 14:29 gmt = 16:29 sast
    '89 LR 110 V8

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike N For This Useful Post:


  15. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanked: 977

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

    - Charles Bukowski

  16. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,941
    Thanked: 315

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post
    A little bit of fun on a very serious mission!













    SpaceX launched its most precious cargo yet into space on Saturday: two NASA astronauts and a plush, sequinned dinosaur toy.



    At 21:22 South African time, a Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, carrying the Crew Dragon spaceship that SpaceX designed and NASA funded. It's the first time a commercial spacecraft has carried humans into space, and the first time astronauts have launched from the US since the end of the Space Shuttle Program nine years ago.
    It's also the first time a sequinned dinosaur has been to space. (Though dinosaur fossils have traveled beyond our atmosphere before.)
    The toy carries on a tradition of spaceships carrying plushies with them. Once the toys start to float around, observers know the ship has left the pull of Earth's gravity. That's why they're often called "zero-gravity indicators."
    Astronaut Bob Behnken pushes aside a plush dinosaur toy floating around the cabin of the Crew Dragon as it reaches low-Earth orbit, May 30, 2020. NASA TV





    About 10 minutes after launch, the plushie appeared in NASA's live feed of the Crew Dragon, where it was floating around the cabin of the spaceship. It drifted towards Behnken, and he pushed it aside.
    "Looks like we saw our zero-G indicator floating around there," a NASA commentator said as the dinosaur appeared. "I know Bob and Doug owe us a little bit about what exactly that is that they brought up with them."
    It is unclear who picked out the dinosaur, why they chose it, or whether it has a name.
    Observers first spotted the dinosaur in NASA's live feed of launch preparations on Wednesday, when the rocket was first scheduled to liftoff (and then delayed due to poor weather).










    https://www.businessinsider.co.za/tr....1590910821363



    Apparently both of them's boys like dinosaurs and the 2 boys picked the toy which made the flight with them. I just wonder now, if only one toy went up with them, who of the 2 boys gets to keep it when they return?
    It's in pubs where the world's greatest ideas begin.

  17. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,941
    Thanked: 315

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Quote Originally Posted by julius caesar View Post
    Must reach and maintain 27 000km/h to go out and remain there.

    Eish, not so easy to leave Mama Terra Firma


    One day someone clever must explain to me why it takes so long to get to the ISS.

    Very cool that there are radio comms and video all the way, I watched till quite late last night and still check in from time to time to see if something interesting is happening.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 2020/05/31 at 11:45 AM.
    It's in pubs where the world's greatest ideas begin.

  18. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Nolloth
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,287
    Thanked: 484

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Under 50 minutes to approach initiation phase. No idea how long that lasts but sound like they might be ahead of schedule in case anyone is only planning on switching on around 16:15.

    Takes me back to my childhood and watching Apollo missions
    2004 Facelift Disco 2 - Raine - sold
    2006 Defender 110 csw - Jaeger

    "Land Rovers don't get stuck, people do, so always look before you leap and if you're unsure, don't do it" Chris Horne

    2019 Going back to Kgalagadi but this time without air suspension

  19. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,941
    Thanked: 315

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Newnham View Post
    Under 50 minutes to approach initiation phase. No idea how long that lasts but sound like they might be ahead of schedule in case anyone is only planning on switching on around 16:15.

    Takes me back to my childhood and watching Apollo missions


    Yup I have the stream going in the backround, it seams they are ahead of schedule by around 20 minutes. From the approach initiation phase it is super slow going though, so they might still aim for a 16:30 SAST docking.
    It's in pubs where the world's greatest ideas begin.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:


  21. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanked: 977

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast



    .
    For anyone very interested in spaceflight, The Everyday Astronaut -Tim Dodd, is a really great Youtube 'space nut' to follow.

    He's very clued up on all basic rocketry tech, produces some very interesting investigative videos.

    He seems to have an inside line to Elon Musk -largely due to his palpable excitement and incredible interest in spaceflight.



    Here is his interview with Elon Musk and Nasa's Jim Bridenstine -done before the launch.
    Last edited by Patrick L; 2020/05/31 at 02:03 PM.
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

    - Charles Bukowski

  22. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanked: 977

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    .

    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

    - Charles Bukowski

  23. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanked: 977

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    One day someone clever must explain to me why it takes so long to get to the ISS.

    Very cool that there are radio comms and video all the way, I watched till quite late last night and still check in from time to time to see if something interesting is happening.
    It's a bit like if you were trying to jump onto a moving train from a standstill...you would first have to run up alongside it for a while to get up to it's speed to catch up to a door/handle, then jump onto the train.
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

    - Charles Bukowski

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick L For This Useful Post:


  25. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    55
    Posts
    140
    Thanked: 34

    Default Re: Space X Launch webcast

    Those nappies must be well used by now!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Horizons Space Craft -Almost there.
    By biltong in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2015/07/14, 03:15 PM
  2. Office Space around Randpark/Honeydew
    By RazorBackZa in forum Gauteng
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2014/11/03, 07:47 PM
  3. Fortuner Rear Boot Space
    By DavidGX in forum Toyota
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2013/10/15, 07:32 AM
  4. Space X Dragon to dock to the ISS
    By TiaanS in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2012/10/10, 12:20 PM
  5. Leo or Conquest s - some advice needed?
    By Wiv in forum Camping, Fridges, Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2007/09/02, 10:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •