Easiest trailer or caravan to set up alone... By a woman

Question Easiest trailer or caravan to set up alone... By a woman

Hi. For interest's sake, which caravan or camping trailer would be the easiest to set up by myself, or mostly by myself. It should have sleeping space for one adult and 2 kids.

Check the video clip on the Bush Lapa website HERE where a lady sets up the unit on her own and look at the time it takes her .

6 Min 49 sec.....

The 3 sleeper Boskriek will be even quicker.

There are other bigger options on the market where you just open the door or pop the roof and get in but they are nowhere near as easy to tow, handle and push around on your own.
    Last edited by Kooskop; 2015/12/11 at 08:24 AM.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

Thumbs up When Camping you always have help

which caravan or camping trailer would be the easiest to set up by myself, or mostly by myself.
    Michael is quite right about the Bush Lapa , having said that ... when camping there will always be people who are willing to help .I would suggest that the easiest way to set up the unit which you decide to buy or hire is to carry an ice cold six pack of something, then dont be shy to amble over to capable people and ask them to lend a hand .My experience for the past 20 years has been that camping people are quite willing to assist .
    Good luck and let us know how it goes , PS the 6 pack is for you to enjoy while you watch as they eagerly lighten your burden
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mom View Post
    Hi. For interest's sake, which caravan or camping trailer would be the easiest to set up by myself, or mostly by myself. It should have sleeping space for one adult and 2 kids.
    No camping trailer with rooftop tent is easy.

Only the BL and Afrispoor type caravans are easy. Go see Andre at BL in Pta and he can show you as well.
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2019 VW Tiguan 4mtion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Defnitly the Bushlapa, if you have the budget for it don't even look any further.

I just 60+ year old lady setup my trailer in the workshop.

They have been camping for more than 40 years and she said it is the easiest thing she has ever done.

Sorry double post
    Last edited by willy_sa; 2015/12/11 at 11:43 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by willy_sa View Post
    I just 60+ year old lady setup my trailer in the workshop.

They have been camping for more than 40 years and she said it is the easiest thing she has ever done.
    After normal ground camping, a trailer does make it seem easy.

Is this a trailer top tent? If yes then it must exclude setting up side awnings, guide ropes etc. what is the weight of the tent? If 50kg plus then I would like to see a 60 year old lady do this without breaking a sweat.

Then try folding away the rooftop tent, poles,awnings etc. this is hard work. Standing on A frame etc. to get folds right.I have owned an Echo and a Metalian so pretty sure about knowing it is not easy.

Make a video like BL and let us see how easy it is please.
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2019 VW Tiguan 4mtion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

I will get a better video up than the one on the facebook page.

Its not a TTT. Open the lid with one arm and climb in without a ladder.

Tent is a simple as opening the awning, put up a few poles and attach the hook and loop sides.

Tent is a simple as opening the awning, put up a few poles and attach the hook and loop sides.
    Sound's good Willy. Can one person setup the awning and sides (and how long would that take?)
    Last edited by 2beFree; 2015/12/12 at 01:32 PM.

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    Sound's good Willy. Can one person setup the awning and sides (and how long would that take?)

Yes, I always setup alone.

As for time, I hate rushing into anything if I am on holiday, but even so, with a beer in one hand, I open the lid, open the awning and put in the poles and put up the tent sides in about 5 - 10 minutes.

As for the old lady that set the trailer up in the shop, they had three off road trailers and an off road caravan and a on road Jurgens.

Yes, I always setup alone.

As for time, I hate rushing into anything if I am on holiday, but even so, with a beer in one hand, I open the lid, open the awning and put in the poles and put up the tent sides in about 5 - 10 minutes.

As for the old lady that set the trailer up in the shop, they had three off road trailers and an off road caravan and a on road Jurgens.
    Thanks Wian, that sounds good indeed and as you say no need to rush

Yip,

I always stop, unhook the trailer and then open a beer or start the pot for coffee. Enjoy it while I smile at the guys clambering over trailers and unfolding massive sheets of canvas.

After my first cup/can I open everything up I need and then go and play with the kids. Almost takes longer setting up their two man tent inside ours than setting up the whole trailer.

I went the other route. Sold my XT140 offroad trailer and bought a Sprite SW. Unhook, corner steadies, open door to fetch beer and chair, done! Couldn't be any simpler.
    Touareg V10
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure R