Renault Duster Problems - Page 8

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

Quote Originally Posted by JuanB View Post
    What brand is that?
    SAFELINE. Don't know the brand, but figured its worth a try.
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2018/01/08 at 09:53 AM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

Any problems with alignment/steering, a mate of mines brother is trying to give his back as they cannot fix the problem I think he posted a youtube video showing the vehicle pulling to the side after they tried three times to rectify, from what I hear there are a few related problems??
    FJC - Just Cruising

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Any problems with alignment/steering, a mate of mines brother is trying to give his back as they cannot fix the problem I think he posted a youtube video showing the vehicle pulling to the side after they tried three times to rectify, from what I hear there are a few related problems??
    Interesting. Afted I fitted the new Monro shocks last week Friday, they could not get the alignment 100%.The camber remains off, but the toe is correct , so my tyres will wear quicker on the inside than on the outside, but at least it runs straight
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2018/01/08 at 10:12 AM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Duster Jack View Post
    Nusy having Monroe shocks fitted. Not sure how good they are, nut 1st set wad sitting on 125290km and had to be replaced now.

Anyone fitted them and have some feedback?
    Fitted Monroe also on 2015 Duster no problems drive like a dream even with towing our camper

SAFELINE. Don't know the brand, but figured its worth a try.
    When you've had some more experience with them fitted, please report back on noise when applying brakes, associated dust and braking ability. I'm trying to get an idea if they are soft compound and thus quiet, throws a bit of dust, but not long lasting.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Because our shocks are inside the springs (MacPherson struts), just removing the old dampers will throw out the alignment requiring re-alignment with the new units installed. Not being able to achieve alignment usually hints at suspension damage requiring more drastic interventions, even replacement of other components. Could be a good time to look at the slightly higher ground clearance Monroe springs.

Interesting. Afted I fitted the new Monro shocks last week Friday, they could not get the alignment 100%.The camber remains off, but the toe is correct , so my tyres will wear quicker on the inside than on the outside, but at least it runs straight
    With negative camber, you should be able to corner at faster speeds. Why not get a camber plate to allow proper adjustment? Iíve seen Ironman has them for sale, but some on this forum donít like this manufacturer.

We had the same problem after the dealer replaced the shocks. We took it in and they send it to a certain place in pretoria that sorted it out. The dealer was Renault Fountains.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

We had the same problem after the dealer replaced the shocks. We took it in and they send it to a certain place in pretoria that sorted it out. The dealer was Renault Fountains.
    Shocking - there is such variety of capabilities between dealerships. I've given up totally on my closest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    With negative camber, you should be able to corner at faster speeds. Why not get a camber plate to allow proper adjustment? Iíve seen Ironman has them for sale, but some on this forum donít like this manufacturer.
    Hey Butch Dassie

Thanks for the info . Will investigate that for sure.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Probably sent it to Van Zyl spring?
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by pienkie View Post
    Fitted Monroe also on 2015 Duster no problems drive like a dream even with towing our camper
    Certainly feels much more stable on the road. Will go test them out at Hennops some time and see the difference.
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2018/01/09 at 08:01 PM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Ok So I took a Drive to Vryburg and back on Friday. The Monro shocks did brilliant. Duster was very stable on the road, even at 160... Just wanted to check. The Safeline braked was awesome as well and No brake dust on the wheels. It was a bit noisy for the first 150 to 200km, but there after no issues at all.

Im happy, very happy
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2018/01/13 at 09:33 PM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Default Monroe dampers

So, no more swaying when changing lanes at high speed. No more nose-diving when applying the brakes hard. No more squatting under hard acceleration with your new Monroe shockers / dampers

Default Re: Monroe dampers

So, no more swaying when changing lanes at high speed. No more nose-diving when applying the brakes hard. No more squatting under hard acceleration with your new Monroe shockers / dampers
    No those traits are still there as its due to the soft suspension but there is a very noticeable difference between the new and old shocks

So, just no more bouncing then.

Perhaps I should look at the Monroe springs as well. They do offer a slightly higher ride without stressing the suspension unduly.

So, just no more bouncing then.

Perhaps I should look at the Monroe springs as well. They do offer a slightly higher ride without stressing the suspension unduly.
    Yes do it....then we also know if it works or not

On a side note. The duster recently developed a very hard clutch compared to what it used to be. It is not sticky or anything, just a lot harder. Anybody had the same on their duster. The workshop says its the clutch but I dont buy it. Apparently you can bleed the clutch and it should resolve the issue.

Default Clutch Fluid

It sounds more like you don't have any clutch fluid at all.

If there is air in the lines, then it is harder to push the pedal to make the clutch work. You need someone to pump the clutch and hold it, while you open and then close the bleed screw before they release the clutch. Repeat until brake pressure is restored. If you have the bleed screw that has a clip, you have to open the bleed screw, press and hold or lift the clip while pulling by one notch. If it has two clips, you need to lower the clip furthest from the nipple and lift the clip closest to the nipple. Catch the Arc 50 Dot 4 clutch fluid and re-insert into reservoir if it is uncontaminated.

Default Re: Clutch Fluid

It sounds more like you don't have any clutch fluid at all.

If there is air in the lines, then it is harder to push the pedal to make the clutch work. You need someone to pump the clutch and hold it, while you open and then close the bleed screw before they release the clutch. Repeat until brake pressure is restored. If you have the bleed screw that has a clip, you have to open the bleed screw, press and hold or lift the clip while pulling by one notch. If it has two clips, you need to lower the clip furthest from the nipple and lift the clip closest to the nipple. Catch the Arc 50 Dot 4 clutch fluid and re-insert into reservoir if it is uncontaminated.
    The problem popped up after they have replaced the turbo. To replace the turbo they had to take the transfer case out at the bottom. I have checked the reservoir and it was full hence I only want them to bleed it first.

Default Master Cylinder

Then they probably touched the clutch.

The manual describes four different clutch arrangements. In my latter explanation, I'd say it looked more like a knob than a nipple, if you have two clips.

I have seen a report of a problem with the master cylinder, but yours sounds more like they didn't bleed it.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast