Renault Duster Problems - Page 8





Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 254
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    JHB/ Roodepoort
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanB View Post
    What brand is that?
    SAFELINE. Don't know the brand, but figured its worth a try.
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2018/01/08 at 09:53 AM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,778

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Any problems with alignment/steering, a mate of mines brother is trying to give his back as they cannot fix the problem I think he posted a youtube video showing the vehicle pulling to the side after they tried three times to rectify, from what I hear there are a few related problems??
    FJC - Just Cruising

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    JHB/ Roodepoort
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Any problems with alignment/steering, a mate of mines brother is trying to give his back as they cannot fix the problem I think he posted a youtube video showing the vehicle pulling to the side after they tried three times to rectify, from what I hear there are a few related problems??
    Interesting. Afted I fitted the new Monro shocks last week Friday, they could not get the alignment 100%.The camber remains off, but the toe is correct , so my tyres will wear quicker on the inside than on the outside, but at least it runs straight
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2018/01/08 at 10:12 AM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    49
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Duster Jack View Post
    Nusy having Monroe shocks fitted. Not sure how good they are, nut 1st set wad sitting on 125290km and had to be replaced now.

    Anyone fitted them and have some feedback?
    Fitted Monroe also on 2015 Duster no problems drive like a dream even with towing our camper

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Duster Jack View Post
    SAFELINE. Don't know the brand, but figured its worth a try.
    When you've had some more experience with them fitted, please report back on noise when applying brakes, associated dust and braking ability. I'm trying to get an idea if they are soft compound and thus quiet, throws a bit of dust, but not long lasting.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Any problems with alignment/steering, a mate of mines brother is trying to give his back as they cannot fix the problem I think he posted a youtube video showing the vehicle pulling to the side after they tried three times to rectify, from what I hear there are a few related problems??
    Because our shocks are inside the springs (MacPherson struts), just removing the old dampers will throw out the alignment requiring re-alignment with the new units installed. Not being able to achieve alignment usually hints at suspension damage requiring more drastic interventions, even replacement of other components. Could be a good time to look at the slightly higher ground clearance Monroe springs.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Duster Jack View Post
    Interesting. Afted I fitted the new Monro shocks last week Friday, they could not get the alignment 100%.The camber remains off, but the toe is correct , so my tyres will wear quicker on the inside than on the outside, but at least it runs straight
    With negative camber, you should be able to corner at faster speeds. Why not get a camber plate to allow proper adjustment? Iíve seen Ironman has them for sale, but some on this forum donít like this manufacturer.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Duster Jack View Post
    Interesting. Afted I fitted the new Monro shocks last week Friday, they could not get the alignment 100%.The camber remains off, but the toe is correct , so my tyres will wear quicker on the inside than on the outside, but at least it runs straight
    We had the same problem after the dealer replaced the shocks. We took it in and they send it to a certain place in pretoria that sorted it out. The dealer was Renault Fountains.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanB View Post
    We had the same problem after the dealer replaced the shocks. We took it in and they send it to a certain place in pretoria that sorted it out. The dealer was Renault Fountains.
    Shocking - there is such variety of capabilities between dealerships. I've given up totally on my closest one.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    JHB/ Roodepoort
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    With negative camber, you should be able to corner at faster speeds. Why not get a camber plate to allow proper adjustment? Iíve seen Ironman has them for sale, but some on this forum donít like this manufacturer.
    Hey Butch Dassie

    Thanks for the info . Will investigate that for sure.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    JHB/ Roodepoort
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanB View Post
    We had the same problem after the dealer replaced the shocks. We took it in and they send it to a certain place in pretoria that sorted it out. The dealer was Renault Fountains.
    Probably sent it to Van Zyl spring?
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    JHB/ Roodepoort
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pienkie View Post
    Fitted Monroe also on 2015 Duster no problems drive like a dream even with towing our camper
    Certainly feels much more stable on the road. Will go test them out at Hennops some time and see the difference.
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2018/01/09 at 08:01 PM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    JHB/ Roodepoort
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Ok So I took a Drive to Vryburg and back on Friday. The Monro shocks did brilliant. Duster was very stable on the road, even at 160... Just wanted to check. The Safeline braked was awesome as well and No brake dust on the wheels. It was a bit noisy for the first 150 to 200km, but there after no issues at all.

    Im happy, very happy
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2018/01/13 at 09:33 PM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    707

    Default Monroe dampers

    So, no more swaying when changing lanes at high speed. No more nose-diving when applying the brakes hard. No more squatting under hard acceleration with your new Monroe shockers / dampers
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Re: Monroe dampers

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    So, no more swaying when changing lanes at high speed. No more nose-diving when applying the brakes hard. No more squatting under hard acceleration with your new Monroe shockers / dampers
    No those traits are still there as its due to the soft suspension but there is a very noticeable difference between the new and old shocks
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    So, just no more bouncing then.

    Perhaps I should look at the Monroe springs as well. They do offer a slightly higher ride without stressing the suspension unduly.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    So, just no more bouncing then.

    Perhaps I should look at the Monroe springs as well. They do offer a slightly higher ride without stressing the suspension unduly.
    Yes do it....then we also know if it works or not

    On a side note. The duster recently developed a very hard clutch compared to what it used to be. It is not sticky or anything, just a lot harder. Anybody had the same on their duster. The workshop says its the clutch but I dont buy it. Apparently you can bleed the clutch and it should resolve the issue.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    707

    Default Clutch Fluid

    It sounds more like you don't have any clutch fluid at all.

    If there is air in the lines, then it is harder to push the pedal to make the clutch work. You need someone to pump the clutch and hold it, while you open and then close the bleed screw before they release the clutch. Repeat until brake pressure is restored. If you have the bleed screw that has a clip, you have to open the bleed screw, press and hold or lift the clip while pulling by one notch. If it has two clips, you need to lower the clip furthest from the nipple and lift the clip closest to the nipple. Catch the Arc 50 Dot 4 clutch fluid and re-insert into reservoir if it is uncontaminated.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Re: Clutch Fluid

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    It sounds more like you don't have any clutch fluid at all.

    If there is air in the lines, then it is harder to push the pedal to make the clutch work. You need someone to pump the clutch and hold it, while you open and then close the bleed screw before they release the clutch. Repeat until brake pressure is restored. If you have the bleed screw that has a clip, you have to open the bleed screw, press and hold or lift the clip while pulling by one notch. If it has two clips, you need to lower the clip furthest from the nipple and lift the clip closest to the nipple. Catch the Arc 50 Dot 4 clutch fluid and re-insert into reservoir if it is uncontaminated.
    The problem popped up after they have replaced the turbo. To replace the turbo they had to take the transfer case out at the bottom. I have checked the reservoir and it was full hence I only want them to bleed it first.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    707

    Default Master Cylinder

    Then they probably touched the clutch.

    The manual describes four different clutch arrangements. In my latter explanation, I'd say it looked more like a knob than a nipple, if you have two clips.

    I have seen a report of a problem with the master cylinder, but yours sounds more like they didn't bleed it.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Renault Duster
    By dieOrg in forum Softroaders
    Replies: 2792
    Last Post: 2019/11/09, 04:07 PM
  2. Advice on Maintenance Plan - Renault Duster
    By dt.2507 in forum Vehicle & Technical Chat - General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2018/06/28, 10:42 AM
  3. Renault Duster Sub section
    By Sergey in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2015/06/26, 10:15 AM
  4. 2015 Renault Duster
    By rssfeed in forum For Sale, Swop & Give-Away
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2015/02/18, 10:30 AM
  5. Renault problems! Arggg! Mad! Help!!!
    By Die Skim in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2012/03/03, 10:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •