Renault Duster Problems - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

Quote Originally Posted by AntZ View Post
    Duster Jack- what was the solution to the glow plug light, the loss of power was probably "limp mode"
    Computer reset. Couldn't find anything and it hasn't done it again in over 20 000 km.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

Quote Originally Posted by Duster Jack View Post
    Computer reset. Couldn't find anything and it hasn't done it again in over 20 000 km.
    I must also say that my Dusty has been exposed to much more than just tar and dirt road.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

I must also say that my Dusty has been exposed to much more than just tar and dirt road.
    Ok.. Do you know how to do the reset? We doing Mozambique in December and don't want to be stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by bossie79 View Post
    Ok.. Do you know how to do the reset? We doing Mozambique in December and don't want to be stuck.
    Hi Bossie,79. Nope, but I have a great relationship with my dealer and they did it for me by hooking up the laptop and clearing all error codes. 5 minutes and for free.
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2017/10/28 at 11:50 AM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Ok. So today the dam light came on again. Must say that It didn't lose any power at all. It went off fir about 2 minutes and came back on for about 8 minutes. Then went off again. For the next 25km it stayed off until I parked it. It is now due for the 120 000km service. So I'll just ask for it to be reset again after being checked.

Ill report back after the service
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Default Re: Tyre Correction Factor

Nope as is. Maybe you can help?
    Where have I been?

You spin 2221mm to OEM’s 2154 per revolution. Your correction factor is quite small at 1.031105. So, 14.40 kml becomes 14.85 kml.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

Default Scan Tool

Ok. So today the dam light came on again. Must say that It didn't lose any power at all. It went off fir about 2 minutes and came back on for about 8 minutes. Then went off again. For the next 25km it stayed off until I parked it. It is now due for the 120 000km service. So I'll just ask for it to be reset again after being checked.

Ill report back after the service
    Get an OBDII scan tool, read and clear your own codes. Reading the code and looking it up on the Internet under Renault will tell you the problem. At 120k kms, the glow plugs probably need to be replaced, but it could be another electrical fault. The code will tell you where the fault lies.

You can get Bluetooth OBDII senders for about R400 and if you have an Android device, you can't beat Torque Pro from Google App Store for less than R100. Then you can use this setup on any vehicle.

So yesterday it happened. My wife was driving home after work in the East of Pretoria when she heard a loud bang. The car lost power and white smoke started billowing out the back. Its a 2014 4x4 1.5 diesel. She called Renault assist which was pretty good about getting a towing company there. They will tow the car to Renault Menlyn and then the fun starts. The car has 132000 km on the clock. So its still within warranty. Any advice would be great. Such a bad time for this nonsense. And we are close to the holidays where we planned to travel Kruger and Mozambique.

Default Re: Scan Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    Get an OBDII scan tool, read and clear your own codes. Reading the code and looking it up on the Internet under Renault will tell you the problem. At 120k kms, the glow plugs probably need to be replaced, but it could be another electrical fault. The code will tell you where the fault lies.

You can get Bluetooth OBDII senders for about R400 and if you have an Android device, you can't beat Torque Pro from Google App Store for less than R100. Then you can use this setup on any vehicle.
    Thanks for your feedback. I sat with the technician and we hooked op his laptop. Various results and the light is hooked up to more than one sensor. They checked all connection while the car was in for service and found nothing. Tested all sensors and nothing. seems be be a glitch in the software somewhere. So the reset the computer and now all is good. I even have a bit more power. Well one can feel it when accelarating. Hopefully the uploaded the newest version.

All sorted now and she drives better than when I bought her
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2017/11/14 at 07:39 AM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

So yesterday it happened. My wife was driving home after work in the East of Pretoria when she heard a loud bang. The car lost power and white smoke started billowing out the back. Its a 2014 4x4 1.5 diesel. She called Renault assist which was pretty good about getting a towing company there. They will tow the car to Renault Menlyn and then the fun starts. The car has 132000 km on the clock. So its still within warranty. Any advice would be great. Such a bad time for this nonsense. And we are close to the holidays where we planned to travel Kruger and Mozambique.
    Eish. sounds serious. I have no idea, especially because you are talking about white smoke. If it was black, i would have guessed it was the turbo, but now I have ni clue. Sorry man.

please keep us updated, if you dont mind
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Where have I been?

You spin 2221mm to OEM’s 2154 per revolution. Your correction factor is quite small at 1.031105. So, 14.40 kml becomes 14.85 kml.
    Not bad if I tjink of it. Doing 126km/h to 135kn/h most of the time
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Eish. sounds serious. I have no idea, especially because you are talking about white smoke. If it was black, i would have guessed it was the turbo, but now I have ni clue. Sorry man.

please keep us updated, if you dont mind
    Yes I asked her about the colour of the smoke specifically. She said no definitely white.

Yes I asked her about the colour of the smoke specifically. She said no definitely white.
    I wonder if it might be coolant getting into a cylinder. If it was the turbo, as Dusterjack says, it would be black and would roar away as it eats the oil. Not happened to me yet but I believe it is terrifying as you cannot switch off the engine.

Let's hope it is something minor. Sorry Bossie79, hope you get to Mozambique.

White smoke is due to water. A loud bang and billowing white smoke would most probably indicate a blown head gasket. Not surprising giving that it has to handle just over 1.5 bar and being on the reef, would be in boost more than at the coast.

It is a straight forward job, albeit having to remove that silly EGR contraption. I just hope they have the gasket and one-time head bolts in stock. This lack of stock has been my main complaint with Renault SA dealerships.

Not bad if I tjink of it. Doing 126km/h to 135kn/h most of the time
    Yes, but I get 22.2 kpl due to holding it near 2k rpms. I'm in no hurry though.

Hi Bosdie. Googled it now. they are talking about something called DPF cycle. It is some sort of cleaning cycle that should happen now and again, depending on driving conditions. Most often happens when 90% is city driving.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Check out daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/662-strange-happenings
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Also check your Duster manual, under "special features of the Diesel engine"
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Default DPF Regen

A DPF regen may produce a bit of extra black smoke from the extra fuel, which would not be seen at speed. At speed, the ECU would not command a regen. I have seen one report where the owner thought the idle was a bit higher, but no one else has noted their regen. Extra soot is not noticed during regen as the additional heat changes the particle matter size from 10 to 1 (microns iirc) and thus, clears the DPF.

Default Re: DPF Regen

A DPF regen may produce a bit of extra black smoke from the extra fuel, which would not be seen at speed. At speed, the ECU would not command a regen. I have seen one report where the owner thought the idle was a bit higher, but no one else has noted their regen. Extra soot is not noticed during regen as the additional heat changes the particle matter size from 10 to 1 (microns iirc) and thus, clears the DPF.
    Thanks. never had that problem, so looking on Internet made sense.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast