Renault Duster Problems - Page 2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Version of MediaNav?

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    Firstly, I am glad that you are happy with the good service of a replacement.

Now for the conspiracy theory…as Renault has kept the replaced radio / MediaNav. What is to stop them from sending these to a refurbishment centre, replace the button, use some vinyl spray to spruce it up, even spray some “Nu” radio smelly stuff on and install it in the next guy’s vehicle? I mean. You just wanted the original look I take it. What I’d like to know is if your version of MediaNav is later than 40.0.5.
    Not sure why they have to replace the whole unit. I just wanted the button to look good again. How do you see which map version you have? It's a gen1/Indian made model from 2015.
    2015 Renault Duster 1.6 Dynamique (family car)

2010 Nissan NP 200 1.6 8v base (work bakkie)

2010 Tata Indica 1.4 LE (current ride)

2000 Fiat Palio 1.2 ed 3 door (my baby)

Default Re: Version of MediaNav?

Quote Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
    Not sure why they have to replace the whole unit. I just wanted the button to look good again. How do you see which map version you have? It's a gen1/Indian made model from 2015.
    It starts at post 1262 and continues in post 1267 on page: http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=161286&page=26
    If it is new, you should be able to update the maps within three months. As you upgrade, it will tell you the version numbers. Please record both.
    Last edited by Butch Dassie; 2016/04/23 at 04:55 PM.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

Quote Originally Posted by pienkie View Post
    can you please give me the monroe shock specs i would love to have them in my duster
    Hi Pienkie,

I used the numbers XJ Junkie posted in the Duster thread, but I see your avatar shows the Gen2 Duster.
    As XJ Junkie posted, it might be better to get the app and confirm the correct shocks for your Duster.

Cheers

Default No long-term “Average fuel consumption”

Does anyone have a solution for or experience the following:

Every time I start, I rotate through “Trip mileage recorder”, “Fuel used…” to “Average fuel consumption” Every second start-up, “Fuel used…” says “0.0” and “Average fuel consumption” starts from around eight and begins recalculating, thankfully upwards. That is, I never get a long-term “Average fuel consumption”. I haven’t done a manual reset. Rather I have been relying upon the “Automatically resetting the journey parameters when the capacity of one of the memories is exceeded”. I assumed the automatic reset would clear everything. It’s almost like the stalk was permanently pressed or shorted.

EDIT: Resetting manually cleared the problem and I can get long-term average KPLs again. So, the automatic reset just keeps zeroing itself.

EDIT 2: Problem returned. Dealer had to reset it, "KPC RESET NO FUNCTION".
    Last edited by Butch Dassie; 2016/07/10 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added "EDIT"

I experienced my first serious issue with my 2016 Duster 4x4 recently while on holiday in Ponta Malongane in October this year. We were quite heavily loaded (4 people as well as the roof rack) and mostly traveled between Sodwana bay, Kosi Bay and Ponta Malongane driving on the bumpy sandy roads.

1. Problem:
    While doing a standard vehicle check prior to our departure back to Middelburg from Ponta Malongane on 08/10/2016 I noticed that the engine coolant container was completely empty. The vehicle "Cooling Water Temperature Light" and accompanied beep did not activate during our entire trip. I topped up the coolant container and it was evident that the vehicle was loosing a substantial amount of coolant from the bottom of the radiator.

2. At what KM did it happen: 16120km. The vehicle had just been serviced the week before our holiday.

3. What did you do:
    Inspected the vehicle externally for any signs of damage in the vicinity of the radiator, but could not find anything.
    Inspected the radiator from the engine bay as best I could, but could not identify the cause of the problem or obvious damage.

We managed to make it to the Kosi bay border crossing by topping up coolant every 5 - 10 minutes and driving 20km/h. Again we did not receive cooling water temperature warnings while limping to the border. I did not drive any further than absolutely necessary and had Renault roadside assistance tow the vehicle from Kosi Bay to the closest dealership (250km to Renault Richards Bay) on the same day.

4. Response from Renault: Radiator suffered stone damage and required replacement.
    Damage not present on the front radiators, but on the rear where the cooling fan is located.

5. Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues:
    5.1 The vehicle was booked into Renault Richardsbay on 10/10/2016 and I had to wait 2 Months for a replacement radiator.
    Had to travel to Richardsbay on 07/12/2016 to collect the vehicle.

5.2 "Stone damage" is not covered by the warranty and I had to pay R4864.27 for a replacement radiator (incl. Labour).

6. What was the end result:
    6.1 Replacement of the part due to mechanical damage at own cost.
    6.2 Traveled to Richardsbay at own cost to collect the vehicle.
    6.3 Renault covered the towing costs from Kosi Bay to Richardsbay and labour to repair the vehicle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2475.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	439256

Name:	IMG_2474.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	439257

Name:	IMG_2473.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	439258
    Last edited by Fallen87; 2017/03/20 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Update
    2016 Renault Duster 4WD Gen2
    Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack

1. Problem
    ALL FOUR shock absorbers leaking oil and dealership suggests replacement. Can also be felt in handling during cornering and braking.

2. At what KM did it happen
    42 100 - Picked up by dealer, might've been sooner

3. What did you do
    Called Renault Assistance as suggested by dealer, to enquire why warrenty would not cover it.

4. Response from Renault

That shock absorbers are wear and tear items (which is bs, but many terms and conditions state it as such, so we'll leave it at that) and that it isn't covered under the vehicles current VIN and mileage combination. The terms it seems then is subject to individual vehicles, with no reason given as to why my mileage and VIN combination doesn't have it covered.
    When asked what can one do to establish weather or not it is a manufacturers fault, the response was the following:

5. Fixed with smile, or issues?
    No smiles, yet. The response was that I now take the vehicle to the dealer to have all four replaced, upon which they will send the old, leaking ones for inspection. If deemed a manufacturer's fault, they will cover the costs of replacement. Sounds like a likely story.

6. Result
    No result yet, but I will post an update as the matter continues. I want to try and request full transparency and tracebility from Renault for the process of inspection. Will see how that goes.

Now.... You all say Monroe shocks?
    Last edited by Nicolaasv; 2017/01/04 at 04:13 PM. Reason: woops included questions
    Nostalgic memories (past)
    - '95 (J80) 4.0L Land Cruiser VX | The best a childhood could ask for.
    - '99 B5 Audi A4 1.8 | 4x2 Beast that managed the Maanharrand pass in one go...although it tends to get stuck in thick mud.
    Currently
    '15 Renault Duster 1.5 CDI 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaasv View Post
    1. Problem
    ALL FOUR shock absorbers leaking oil and dealership suggests replacement. Can also be felt in handling during cornering and braking.

42 100 - Picked up by dealer, might've been sooner

3. What did you do
    Called Renault Assistance as suggested by dealer, to enquire why warrenty would not cover it.

4. Response from Renault

That shock absorbers are wear and tear items (which is bs, but many terms and conditions state it as such, so we'll leave it at that) and that it isn't covered under the vehicles current VIN and mileage combination. The terms it seems then is subject to individual vehicles, with no reason given as to why my mileage and VIN combination doesn't have it covered.
    When asked what can one do to establish weather or not it is a manufacturers fault, the response was the following:

No smiles, yet. The response was that I now take the vehicle to the dealer to have all four replaced, upon which they will send the old, leaking ones for inspection. If deemed a manufacturer's fault, they will cover the costs of replacement. Sounds like a likely story.

6. Result
    No result yet, but I will post an update as the matter continues. I want to try and request full transparency and tracebility from Renault for the process of inspection. Will see how that goes.

Now.... You all say Monroe shocks?
    Good luck with getting them to pay, I had the same issue on my rear shocks around 65000km and they wouldn't budge, maybe you have better chance with only 42000km. Got me the monroe shocks. Cost R1500 for rear shocks and around R1000 for the front shocks

1. Problem
    two of the 4 shocks leaking oil and are shot, Left hand side front and rear

90 000KM

3. What did you do
    Called Renault Customer care, who told me it is not covered however dealer told me it could possibly be.

4. Response from Renault

The shocks are only covered by the Manufacturer Warrantee up to 30 000KM and if you tell us to replace it is going to cost you around R10 000, rather go to SupaQuick

Always a smile, but no fix. I will have to replace the shocks myself.

6. Result
    More money to be spent besides the R9500 for the damn service, now another R6K for proper shocks
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2017/03/22 at 10:13 AM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

Quote Originally Posted by Duster Jack View Post
    1. Problem

90 000KM

3. What did you do
    Called Renault Customer care, who told me it is not covered however dealer told me it could possibly be.

4. Response from Renault

The shocks are only covered by the Manufacturer Warrantee up to 30 000KM and if you tell us to replace it is going to cost you around R10 000, rather go to SupaQuick

6. Result
    More money to be spent besides the R9500 for the damn service, now another R6K for proper shocks
    Crikey, that must be like the R17000 Jeep service where they replace the waterpump?? What do they do?
    FJC - Just Cruising

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtshark For This Useful Post:

Cambelt and Major service, so I guess oils and filters only
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2017/03/22 at 10:20 AM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

1. Problem

90 000KM

3. What did you do

4. Response from Renault

6. Result
    Eish... seems like it's set on a timer the issues, I also got the shocks done just before the 90K service, I got the Monroe one for around R4200 at tyres and more in Alberton, was almost 6 weeks waiting for them but worth it to not pay the stealers

Quote Originally Posted by rog163 View Post
    Eish... seems like it's set on a timer the issues, I also got the shocks done just before the 90K service, I got the Monroe one for around R4200 at tyres and more in Alberton, was almost 6 weeks waiting for them but worth it to not pay the stealers
    Thanks Rog163. Much appreciated. you happy with them?
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Thanks Rog163. Much appreciated. you happy with them?
    Yeah I am, got the bigger geolanders AT tyres also at the same time, more handling, the original tyres use to make a lot of noise when turning.

There's definitely issues with Dusters shocks. Plenty of owners have had to replace. My front ones were replaced at 15kkm

Yeah I am, got the bigger geolanders AT tyres also at the same time, more handling, the original tyres use to make a lot of noise when turning.
    size? I put Goodyear Wranglers A/T on mine 215/70/16 also got 10mm extra ground clearance. only problem I now have is that it increased my fuel consumption to 13.8km/L From 14.5 km/L and they seem to catch tje mudflaps now and again on turning sharp, but that may alsi have something to do with the warn shocks
    Last edited by Duster Jack; 2017/03/22 at 08:28 PM.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

size? I put Goodyear Wranglers A/T on mine 215/70/16 also got 10mm extra ground clearance. only problem I now have is that it increased my fuel consumption to 13.8km/L From 14.5 km/L and they seem to catch tje mudflaps now and again on turning sharp, but that may alsi have something to do with the warn shocks
    Got the 235/60/16, thicker tyre, looks good

Wow. not rubning anywhere?
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Wow. not rubning anywhere?
    No issues, Xj junkie mentioned them in the Duster forum, he assured me would be hundreds

No issues, Xj junkie mentioned them in the Duster forum, he assured me would be hundreds
    awesome man. would love a pic if you have one
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Unless you've installed a black box to recalibrate for you, you need to apply a correction to your mileage at fill-up. Multiply the km by 1.0311 (2221/2154), then recalc your km/L. You might want to drop your speed 3% in a speed trap as well.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast