Renault Duster Problems - Page 13





Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Results 241 to 254 of 254
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    688
    Thanked: 100

    Default DMC vs SMC

    We have a dual mass clutch (DMC), actually flywheel. LMB Euroseals was going to make a single mass clutch (SMC) for our vehicle. Contact [email protected] and give us an update.

    DMC assist with engine vibrations reducing wear on the tranny, etc. DMCs are more likely to judder due to the additional arc spring between the two plates.

    SMC are cheaper, can be resurfaced, better heat sink vs warping, allows engine to rev quicker, handles engine torque better, etc.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    The DPF on my 2013 Duster failed for the second time at under 60000km. During the replacement under warranty in 2016 Renault Northcliff, instead of just replacing it, welded the DPF into the exhaust system. The warranty expired in November last year (I took the car to them on 11th January) and they refuse to replace the DPF under warranty or to put right their mistake. I eventually took the car to Powerflow Exhaust in Randburg to remove the DPF. They seem very professional and I got the car back last week. I now have the ABS and Stability warning lights on as soon as the vehicle is driven. Could this be caused by the software change to remove the DPF?

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanked: 415

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Pienaar View Post
    The DPF on my 2013 Duster failed for the second time at under 60000km. During the replacement under warranty in 2016 Renault Northcliff, instead of just replacing it, welded the DPF into the exhaust system. The warranty expired in November last year (I took the car to them on 11th January) and they refuse to replace the DPF under warranty or to put right their mistake. I eventually took the car to Powerflow Exhaust in Randburg to remove the DPF. They seem very professional and I got the car back last week. I now have the ABS and Stability warning lights on as soon as the vehicle is driven. Could this be caused by the software change to remove the DPF?
    The DPF and EGR will require a remap to code it out of the system. I am not sure if the codes you have is related to the removal of the DPF but if it happened straight after there is a good chance that it is either connected or they damaged something during the removal.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putfontein, Benoni
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,766
    Thanked: 1964

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Did they actually do the software. I suspect they just removed the physical device and not done the coding for it. But not knowing renault I can't say if it is right that the abs light is on for something that really should put an engine light on.
    Audi A6 Avant - 2005 - 3l TDi Quattro - my daily
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    Audi 90 Coupe - 1995 - 2.8l V6 quattro
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDi Awd
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    688
    Thanked: 100

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    @Dan Pienaar – first post, welcome to the forum

    The DPF is welded to the remainder of the tailpipe. The cat sits in front of it connected to the pipe coming from the turbo’s exhaust. Gen1 is a double bulbous combined cat / DPF affair.

    You say, “Could this be caused by the software change to remove the DPF?”
    Did you have a re-map of the ECU done?

    The ECU, ABS and EBS are all on the same Canbus, but use different controllers. The physical sensors are separate and run to their controller.

    The Powerflow guys are professional here too, but they don’t do ECU re-flashes.

    Do the EGR delete as well, then tell your favourite shop what you’ve done, but ask them to first scan the codes thrown for the ABS and ESP idiot lights before re-flashing as re-flashing clears all codes. Please tell us the codes for our database. When they re-flash, they just check off which codes to ignore, but only ask for the codes related to the EGR and DPF. ABS and ESP are vital safety components. Get this sorted properly by your favourite shop and not Renault.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Butch Dassie For This Useful Post:


  7. #246
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Thanks guys. I will check back with Powerflow. If they can't do the ECU re-flash who could? Also who could do the EGR delete? Your help is much appreciated!

  8. #247
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    688
    Thanked: 100

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Powerflow did my EGR delete, but that was because the flex tube containing the blanking plate wouldn't seal the exhaust properly. Powerflow "welded" both ends: the exhaust manifold and the other end of the flex tube into the EGR so that it didn't suck up any unexpected (unmeasured) oxygen. The latter probably wasn't necessary as it turned out the EGR valve was completely stuck. What can you expect with something sitting in hot sooty exhaust flow?
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Butch Dassie For This Useful Post:


  10. #248
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    39
    Posts
    84
    Thanked: 65

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    Powerflow did my EGR delete, but that was because the flex tube containing the blanking plate wouldn't seal the exhaust properly. Powerflow "welded" both ends: the exhaust manifold and the other end of the flex tube into the EGR so that it didn't suck up any unexpected (unmeasured) oxygen. The latter probably wasn't necessary as it turned out the EGR valve was completely stuck. What can you expect with something sitting in hot sooty exhaust flow?
    Hi Butch Dassie, I recently knocked out my Tritons DPF and left the original pipe in place, I also made my own blanking plates and blanked of my EGR and the engine improvements on the 2.5 was very noticeable.
    I was wondering if this would be a similar process on the Duster? Is it something I could attempt myself or must I take it to Powerflow or someone similar? I was just thinking ofknocking the DPF out for now as its
    has a extended maintenance plan and I don't want it to obvious that I did some work on it if they ever need to inspect the vehicle for claims.

  11. #249
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanked: 415

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Yster1979 View Post
    Hi Butch Dassie, I recently knocked out my Tritons DPF and left the original pipe in place, I also made my own blanking plates and blanked of my EGR and the engine improvements on the 2.5 was very noticeable.
    I was wondering if this would be a similar process on the Duster? Is it something I could attempt myself or must I take it to Powerflow or someone similar? I was just thinking ofknocking the DPF out for now as its
    has a extended maintenance plan and I don't want it to obvious that I did some work on it if they ever need to inspect the vehicle for claims.
    Unfortunately the duster has a lot of sensors before and after the DPF and that is why the coding is required.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  12. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    688
    Thanked: 100

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Yster1979 View Post
    Hi Butch Dassie, I recently knocked out my Tritons DPF and left the original pipe in place, I also made my own blanking plates and blanked of my EGR and the engine improvements on the 2.5 was very noticeable.
    I was wondering if this would be a similar process on the Duster? Is it something I could attempt myself or must I take it to Powerflow or someone similar? I was just thinking ofknocking the DPF out for now as its
    has a extended maintenance plan and I don't want it to obvious that I did some work on it if they ever need to inspect the vehicle for claims.
    What one needs to do is to remove the exhaust, cut it from the top where it is not visible, do the gutting, re-weld and install. I wanted the palladium recycled and didn't want to breathe the ceramic dust, I let Powerflow do all that.
    The problem with the flex pipe from the exhaust manifold to the EGR is the pinched ends and the two silly Renault clamps. One replacement OEM clamp failed to clip together and the once removed (and mine failed anyway) flex tube does not fit tightly back onto the nipples. You might be able to press the end flanges back tighter, but it would have to be done simultaneously in a complete circle. "Welding" the exhaust manifold meant that the flex pipe fit didn't matter anymore and is just for inspection purposes. I couldn't weld on the exhaust manifold. So, I took it to Powerflow who could.
    Most dealerships just re-flash the chip when an update comes through - if they even bother checking for updates. I haven't seen one yet look to check the current S/W version. They just re-flash. However, then MILs will be thrown at the dealership and you will then need to take it back to your shop to get it re-flashed probably for a nominal charge. You could ask for no S/W upgrades at the dealership, if they listen.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  13. #251
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    39
    Posts
    84
    Thanked: 65

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanB View Post
    Unfortunately the duster has a lot of sensors before and after the DPF and that is why the coding is required.
    Thanks for the info, what costs will I be looking at roughly if I do the DPF and EGR? Like I said before I'm not sure if we will be keeping the Duster but if you say they cheapish to maintain maybe we must carry on with her.

  14. #252
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanked: 415

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Yster1979 View Post
    Thanks for the info, what costs will I be looking at roughly if I do the DPF and EGR? Like I said before I'm not sure if we will be keeping the Duster but if you say they cheapish to maintain maybe we must carry on with her.
    The last time I checked it was about R4500. There is a few shops around so you need to look for a reputable guy close to you.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to JuanB For This Useful Post:


  16. #253
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    688
    Thanked: 100

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    I feel that I should add that I have modified many vehicles, but this one showed the most improvement. I intend keeping mine a lot longer.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Butch Dassie For This Useful Post:


  18. #254
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    39
    Posts
    84
    Thanked: 65

    Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

    I moved this post.
    Last edited by Yster1979; 2019/07/18 at 01:35 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Similar Threads

  1. Renault Duster
    By dieOrg in forum Softroaders
    Replies: 2760
    Last Post: 2019/08/13, 05:42 PM
  2. Advice on Maintenance Plan - Renault Duster
    By dt.2507 in forum Vehicle & Technical Chat - General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2018/06/28, 10:42 AM
  3. Renault Duster Sub section
    By Sergey in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2015/06/26, 10:15 AM
  4. 2015 Renault Duster
    By rssfeed in forum For Sale, Swop & Give-Away
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2015/02/18, 10:30 AM
  5. Renault problems! Arggg! Mad! Help!!!
    By Die Skim in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2012/03/03, 10:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •