Turbo kit for Suzuki Jimny




Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 305
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    northcliff
    Age
    31
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 9

    Default Turbo kit for Suzuki Jimny

    Hi all,

    I am busy developing a turbo kit for my suzuki Jimny to assist with overtaking and towing my camping trailer. Once I know that it is reliable I will make it available to other jimny owners looking for an increase in power.

    So far I have the following-
    Garrett gt2056
    Intercooler (550x150x60) installed
    Oil return line to the sump
    3 gauge A pillar pod
    Steam pipe for log type turbo manifold (in the making)
    Perfect power smt8 to control the fueling, timing, lambda and the maf p0108 high input issues.

    I will be boosting a max of 0.5 bar.
    I am also in talks with suzuki to see if it is a reliable option as an add on and if they will keep certain warranties in place if the kit is fitted. My car has just come out of warranty so let the mods begin.

    I have taken a couple of photos of my progress so far but will post them when I get to my laptop.

    Let me know what you think, if you have any input or advice or interest.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimny_Cricket For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    830
    Thanked: 46

    Default

    Thanks for sharing. .......subscribed
    2009 Suzuki Jimny - EFS, roofrack, muds, etc
    2012 Suzuki Jimny - Sold May 2014
    2009 M/B Sprinter 315 P/v : for work
    2008 Honda F-RV 1.8v-tec AT: for family
    1968 Toyota Corona 1.5 : for ever

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    33
    Posts
    105
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    +1

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    42
    Posts
    193
    Thanked: 18

    Default

    MM, I would be keen

    At those numbers, you should be able to keep the same internals

    Issue you may have is fuel / spray from injectors
    2015 Jimny, Africa explorer
    2015 Renault GT 220
    2016 Ford Focus Rs


    Man cave full of MTB bikes

    Ex 2011 Renault RS 250 Cup
    Ex 2001 Renault Clio sport 2.0l

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,372
    Thanked: 299

    Default

    Sounds intersting...
    Flip

    Member: 4x4 Action Group - GP0026 & Suzuki4x4GP
    Awesome: Suzuki Jimny;

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    northcliff
    Age
    31
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 9

    Default

    I have just collected a 370cc extra injector which the smt8 from perfect power will control. I will install this just behind the throttle body.

    The only decision I face now is whether to face the injector backwards or forwards. If I face it backwards there will be better atomisation of fuel, however there will be an increased delay in fuel spray. So it depends on how quickly I can get the smt8 to respond to the change in manifold pressure and how much extra fuel I can squeeze out of the stock injectors.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    42
    Posts
    949
    Thanked: 22

    Default

    Also subscribed to the thread

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    710
    Thanked: 3

    Default

    What a cool idea! Nobody would expect a jimny with some extra power, might give me a run for my money now
    If power isn't helping, you're not using enough power.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Allens Nek
    Age
    32
    Posts
    229
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    On my Pajero the firth injector was spraying slightly forward.

    The safest way would be to let the SMT to manage the injectors if they have the capacity.
    I moved away from the 7th injector to the 6 as they have the capacity.
    2010 VW Golf VI
    1995 Mitsubishi Pajero 3000 V6 SC
    Ex 2006 Audi A3 Sportback 2T write off
    EX 1984 SJ410 4AGE(SOLD)!
    Ex Opel Corsa Sport 1.6 (Traffic fine magnet)
    Ex MK1 Golf 1300

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    northcliff
    Age
    31
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 9

    Default

    Hmmm I owned a mitsubishi colt 3.0 v6 turbo, it had a built up camping cab at the back and many bells and whistles, I have just seen it parked in the workshop of perfect power... any chance it's the same one you own?

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    710
    Thanked: 3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimny_Cricket View Post
    Hmmm I owned a mitsubishi colt 3.0 v6 turbo, it had a built up camping cab at the back and many bells and whistles, I have just seen it parked in the workshop of perfect power... any chance it's the same one you own?
    Nope mines na still. Still deciding between turbo or sc.. And what is more reliable
    If power isn't helping, you're not using enough power.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    38
    Posts
    863
    Thanked: 71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolshoi View Post
    Nope mines na still. Still deciding between turbo or sc.. And what is more reliable
    do a turbo, sc is far more expensive per kw, takes up more space, can not be placed as easily as a turbo and is less "fuel efficient" compared to a turbo.
    2009 Suzuki GV 3.2
    ex : 2010 Suzuki GV 2.4 M/T
    ex : 2007 Audi A4 2.0T - RS4 rear suspension

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    710
    Thanked: 3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeGP View Post
    do a turbo, sc is far more expensive per kw, takes up more space, can not be placed as easily as a turbo and is less "fuel efficient" compared to a turbo.
    Yeah but all that extra heat generated by the turbo is what worries me. I still want to drive the thing between Cape Town and Swakop and vice versa I still have homework to do on what to boost and how much the internals can handle etc.

    Sorry for hijacking the thread OP
    If power isn't helping, you're not using enough power.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    34
    Posts
    820
    Thanked: 110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimny_Cricket View Post
    I have just collected a 370cc extra injector which the smt8 from perfect power will control. I will install this just behind the throttle body.

    The only decision I face now is whether to face the injector backwards or forwards. If I face it backwards there will be better atomisation of fuel, however there will be an increased delay in fuel spray. So it depends on how quickly I can get the smt8 to respond to the change in manifold pressure and how much extra fuel I can squeeze out of the stock injectors.
    If you can get this kit working reliably at a cost lower than changing the M13A to the M15/16/18 then you will have plenty customers.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edenvale
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,363
    Thanked: 159

    Default

    sounds awesome - my only concern is the turbo choice
    that little 2056 will be spinning at a silly rate
    why not the 2554 ? spins about a 3rd less and delivers similiar airflow
    also what exhaust hot side AR housing are you going for - I recommend the biggest one possible to reduce egbp pre turbo and reduce your EGT

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hartenbos
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,694
    Thanked: 246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusT View Post

    If you can get this kit working reliably at a cost lower than changing the M13A to the M15/16/18 then you will have plenty customers.
    True, provided the power and torque is comparable.

    Figures to aim for:
    < R35 000 total cost.
    Power and torque increase:
    @ 2000 rpm >80%
    @ 5000 rpm >56%
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    northcliff
    Age
    31
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3bar View Post
    sounds awesome - my only concern is the turbo choice
    that little 2056 will be spinning at a silly rate
    why not the 2554 ? spins about a 3rd less and delivers similiar airflow
    also what exhaust hot side AR housing are you going for - I recommend the biggest one possible to reduce egbp pre turbo and reduce your EGT
    I had long discussions with garrett in the states regarding turbo sizes and this is what they recon will best suit the 1300, bring boost in early and power will only start to fall off at around 5500. I gave them the air flow rate at every 1000rpm using my autel diagnostic tool and this is what they recommend. Apparently this turbo fits correctly on the efficiency flow chart for the turbo, but only time will tell.


    Wrt to colt turbo, you will only generate huge temperatures in the engine bay if your turbo is incorrectly sized. As long as your flow efficiency is right you will not have terrible heat. Turbo blanket and exhaust wrap work wonders as well.

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    northcliff
    Age
    31
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 9

    Default

    .46 hot side. Any bigger and lag will big tremendous. I am hoping for max boost at 3000 rpm. Same turbo on a 1400 fiesta had max boost at 2700.

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    34
    Posts
    820
    Thanked: 110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jab2 View Post
    True, provided the power and torque is comparable.

    Figures to aim for:
    < R35 000 total cost.
    Power and torque increase:
    @ 2000 rpm >80%
    @ 5000 rpm >56%
    R35K seems a bit high? What is the current cost of replacing with an M18?

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    northcliff
    Age
    31
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusT View Post
    R35K seems a bit high? What is the current cost of replacing with an M18?

    Currently I am sitting on 25k, that's including the stainless steel boost pipes and exhaust for next week and the tune.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jimny Clutch Kit
    By pdt1 in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2015/06/01, 02:39 PM
  2. Jimny Disc pad replacement
    By dewets in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2014/11/28, 01:28 PM
  3. Suspension Used Jimny 40mm Spacer Lift Kit
    By CHILLI-PIP in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2014/10/15, 12:50 PM
  4. I scored a new turbo from Toyota
    By Subok in forum Toyota
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2013/07/31, 01:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •