Fiat FullBack coming to Africa - Page 11

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Fiat FullBack coming to Africa

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    Quake has poor taste, he's friends with me after all, so I wouldn't take what he says very seriously either
    You trying to say you have friends.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    You trying to say you have friends.. Lol

With friends like you I don't need enemies
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

I just read the CAR article where they review the new Fullback against the Ranger.

I must say that I think that Fiat (Mitsubishi) did well with this bakkie, and that I do believe with that price of R460k it is good value for money.

It is about R30k cheaper than the 2.2 Ranger and about R100k cheaper than the 3.2.

I believe that it is going to be about R50k cheaper than the new Triton.

Double cabs (the established brands) in my opinion are becoming way to expensive for what you get.

But all things considered, I would buy the Fiat it should be a dependable bakkie.

So, as the lone voice here saying 'Ummm Nah' about the Fullback & being shouted down when I said it wont sell.

In 3 months they have sold less Fiat Full backs than Toyota sells Hilux's.... PER DAY.

In August, for every Fullback sold, Toyota sold 100 Hilux's... yes 100 : 1 ratio...

I feel vindicated...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    So, as the lone voice here saying 'Ummm Nah' about the Fullback & being shouted down when I said it wont sell.

In 3 months they have sold less Fiat Full backs than Toyota sells Hilux's.... PER DAY.

In August, for every Fullback sold, Toyota sold 100 Hilux's... yes 100 : 1 ratio...

I feel vindicated...

Sales will pick up, just watch
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

I feel vindicated...
    Would you like a spoon with that
    '06 TJ Wranger | 4.0L Auto| 4.5" Lift | 35" Copper STT | 15" MT Classic II Black | 4.88 Gears

I feel vindicated...
    well, it's more than they used to sell in that market.

I've discovered that Fiat have a little problem with selling a bakkie.

they sell proper panel vans....

I decided it was time to buy a new bakkie for the business. went around, looked at them all, compared prices. the Fiat Full back base line is very good value I must say , at 232k. Toyota , as usual, must be smoking some decent weed for the prices they wanted. Nissan NP300 also good value, but very dated.

but Fiat sold me a Ducato instead.... 2.3 Iveco Turbo Diesel motor. well equipped cabin. huge accessible load area. side doors. etc . as a goods vehicle it's a no brainer.

I actually cannot imagine why anyone would buy a bakkie ....
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 2016/09/14 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    Sales will pick up, just watch
    Oh, definitely.
    I reckon they could shoot up from August's 31 units right up to 36, 37 or even 38 units.

amazing actually.

ANC still pulls 54% of the vote, Black Label still sells the most beer, and Toyota still sell the most bakkies, despite the better options being more than obvious....

South Africans. what an odd lot...

Oh, definitely.

I reckon they could shoot up from August's 31 units right up to 36, 37 or even 38 units.

I was talking about the Hilux
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KurtG For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    amazing actually.

ANC still pulls 54% of the vote, Black Label still sells the most beer, Christianity is more popular than Taoism and Toyota still sell the most bakkies, despite the better options being more than obvious....

South Africans. what an odd lot...
    Expanded....

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    well, it's more than they used to sell in that market.

I've discovered that Fiat have a little problem with selling a bakkie.

they sell proper panel vans....

I decided it was time to buy a new bakkie for the business. went around, looked at them all, compared prices. the Fiat Full back base line is very good value I must say , at 232k. Toyota , as usual, must be smoking some decent weed for the prices they wanted. Nissan NP300 also good value, but very dated.

but Fiat sold me a Ducato instead.... 2.3 Iveco Turbo Diesel motor. well equipped cabin. huge accessible load area. side doors. etc . as a goods vehicle it's a no brainer.

I actually cannot imagine why anyone would buy a bakkie ....

Makes even more sense in a normal Cape winter

Enjoy the Ducato

Nico
    '91 BYB - Big Yellow Bus - Ex-CT Tdi Disco
    '05 BOV - Big Orange Van - TDV6 D3 G4 It met a COW and is Gone, gone , gone ... replaced
    '11 - D4 V8 - BLACK (for now )
    '10 JK Sahara 2 Door - Open top for me and my boys - 3.8 V6 lifted muds bumpers sorted - Yip also orange
    '16 KIA SEDONA - 11 SEATS
    SWAMBO: Black RCZ

Default Fiat FullBack coming to Africa

I feel vindicated...
    This is what makes the Fiat far more exclusive.

The Lemmings will never stops buying Hiluxes, that's just not going to change because insight & logic don't list amoung their virtues.

As far as fauna goes, are Port Jacksons your favorite trees?
    Last edited by XJ Junkie; 2016/09/15 at 06:05 AM.

Ai jai jai!!!

Neil the past election just blew your argument out of the water.

If one item is better than another there is always a move away from it. Loyalty will only go so far if there was another bakkie that consistently is truly better than the Hilux it will corode the lead of the Hilux month after month after month.

OK this is not about the Hilux but at the inability of anybody to mount a serious challenge to the best bakkie in the world. (TiC)

Shame I feel sorry for some of these manufacturers

I'd say Isuzu and Ford is the EFF and DA of bakkies the rest is also runs.

Now the next few years will tell can the DA mount a real challenge to the establishment. It will all depend on what they do with the cities they do have.

So if Fiat has 30 extremely happy customers they will have 60 100 or even 500 customers soon.

In today's quick changing consumers, think Nokia, Black berry, Garmin, loyalty will only get you so far.

Enjoy your Fiat Alex. Keep us informed although your standards are so low being used to Jeep and Landrover you should be impressed with the Fiat.

Fiat/Alfa have fairly good cars let down over the years by very poor service...
    Guys like Arnold Chats, etc who have seriously ### staff..

I've had an Alfa that took 3 months to get a new sump.. On returning it, it had cigarette burns on the seat (I don't smoke), a boot full of dirt and oil, a broken side spoiler..

I refused to take it back, my complaints went all the way up to the dealer principal and eventually Alfa Europe before it was partially fixed..
    And personally I know of a lot of people with not dissimilar stories..

Fiat is no different.. (Same dealers)

Unfortunately those dodgy dealers seem to be grabbing all the small brands like Honda, Mitsubishi, and all the French brands..

That in my opinion is Toyotas strongest point.. Great service..

And that comes from me, I will never own a Toyota.. Not in SA..

Back to Fiat..

That Fullback is very very nice.. Good quality in every aspect, I would like to see more on the road, but unfortunately years of bad service won't be fixed easily..

Remember how popular fiat was in the early 90s, they have been on a steady decline since.. Almost all service related..

They have a long walk ahead of them, and I really do like their products..

Actually trying to give them the benefit of doubt, I've partnered with them on a recent promotion and actually tried to consider buying a fullback..

Promo seems good.. Fullback salesman convinced me to keep my own car..

That's just poor service and poor training.. The guy is selling a 4x4 and doesn't know what a diff lock does..
    I showed him some pics of actual off road stuff and he is like, I don't think this Bakkie will do that.. Really.. Lol
    He then started looking at my Triton saying wow this is awesome.. Not realising you could do the same stuff to the fullback..
    Dumb Ass!!
    I will look out for a service thread on them though.. I seriously hope that they have improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post
    Ai jai jai!!!

Neil the past election just blew your argument out of the water.

I'd say Isuzu and Ford is the EFF and DA of bakkies the rest is also runs.
    Not actually, the ANC still won, thus proving my point that there is such a thing as blind loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post

That's just poor service and poor training.. The guy is selling a 4x4 and doesn't know what a diff lock does..
    I showed him some pics of actual off road stuff and he is like, I don't think this Bakkie will do that.. Really.. Lol
    He then started looking at my Triton saying wow this is awesome.. Not realising you could do the same stuff to the fullback..
    Dumb Ass!!
    I will look out for a service thread on them though.. I seriously hope that they have improved!
    Pathetic. How can they hope to deserve ANY success?
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Junkie View Post
    Not actually, the ANC still won, thus proving my point that there is such a thing as blind loyalty.
    Come on; compare Toyota after-sales service to ANC after-election service? Toyota DESERVES to be the market leader, unlike the ANC that rests on its liberation laurels alone. Moreover, the new Hilux is pretty darn awesome, if I had the money I'd seriously be looking at the 2.4 GD SRX 4x4 even though I'm not a Toyota fan. And Port Jacksons can be nobody's favourite fauna, only the mynahs nesting in their branches...
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Quote Originally Posted by Jens78 View Post
    Come on; compare Toyota after-sales service to ANC after-election service? Toyota DESERVES to be the market leader, unlike the ANC that rests on its liberation laurels alone. Moreover, the new Hilux is pretty darn awesome, if I had the money I'd seriously be looking at the 2.4 GD SRX 4x4 even though I'm not a Toyota fan. And Port Jacksons can be nobody's favourite fauna, only the mynahs nesting in their branches...
    You do get service with a smile because they still can't stop laughing over the fact that people are willing to spend half a million on a delivery vehicle masquerading as a 4x4, with a short warranty. I'd be smiling too.

The Fiat is a cut & paste mish mash of old Triton (engine) & new Triton (the rest) with a marinare sauce stained badge stuck on the grill.

You'd have to be very far removed from reality to think that a bakkie like that, sold by a company like Fiat, would be a success in SA.

As for XJJ's comment on exclusivity - buy a Seat Hatchback - they are very exclusive...
    ...and a fine example of vehicles brought in by accountants rather than market demand...
    Last edited by Mad Manny; 2016/09/15 at 09:53 AM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast