Datsun Go - New safety initiative

Default Datsun Go - New safety initiative

So it seems like this is datsun's answer to safety concerns:

Drive better so you don't get into an accident:

"
    Datsun cars meet local vehicle regulations in the countries they are sold. These models were developed with a strong intention to deliver adapted solutions to the local conditions, from perfect braking performance and good visibility to durability, seat comfort and reduced motion sickness – all being taken as a package aim to decrease potential risk of road accidents. Datsun GO with driver’s airbag is available in South Africa.

Read: Go's 'zero' rating: Datsun SA answers

Road safety is a top-of-mind customer concern and is of paramount importance to us as a automaker. Safety improvements are a never-ending journey. They involve the careful development of measures adjusted for conditions in each country and evolving over time. Making progress on road safety necessitates a cooperative effort among government authorities, customer groups and vehicle manufacturers.

Addressing road safety requires consideration of traffic infrastructure, human factors, driving skills, accident prevention and mitigation measures, and the overall improvement of vehicle performance (including active and passive safety features).

Datsun actively promotes driving skills improvement activities for different groups of customers, including first-time car buyers, younger drivers and female drivers. During November 2015 Datsun launched a unique driving teaching programme in South Africa, which aims to improve driving skills and overall safety on the roads."

From here: http://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/...or-sa-20151109

Apologies to the Datsun lovers, but I'm very skeptical of the "perfect braking" mentioned as all the fancy words of "active and passive safety" which without reference to a specific item* mean nothing. *(Like an airbag or abs or ebd or protection bars or crumple zones or seat belt pretensioners etc... )
    So it looks to me like they are saying: Just don't get in an accident...

Edit: So there is reference to an airbag... sorry...
    Last edited by New; 2015/11/09 at 05:48 PM.
    "Grent" Vitara
    EX- EL JIMBO - RED AND "FAST"

I look at what the car is for the price. No issues rocking a Go as I would be in a Citi Golf.
    HOWIE-WP,
    RoadCar: 2008 VW Golf5 .:R32
    OffRoad Car: 2006 VW Touareg 4.2 v8
    "Settle for nothing less than the object of your desire"-Bjork

Yepp, there are lots of arguments both ways on threads already gone by.... I just thought it funny that Datsun would list as their own safety feature that you should drive better.
    "Grent" Vitara
    EX- EL JIMBO - RED AND "FAST"