Afrispoor Cheetah - Page 7

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Default Re: Afrispoor Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by oradba69 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2wao2_P4dc

Weet nie van sykante nie.
    Nie gepla oor sykante nie.
    Weereens van punt af, gaan oor Afrispoor en seker David sal vir my 'n goldplated awning met fairie wing seile fit as ek hom vra.
    Daai is n baie baie nice awning!!!!

Moet se, die een ding wat kort by die BL awning is dat mens die voorste voet van die awning moet afslaan om hom oop te maak. Maar dit is al!!! Jy het net die een voetstuk nodig. Het die afgelope toer n hele paar keer die awning net so oop geslaan en dan styf getrek agter.'
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Daai is n baie baie nice awning!!!!

Moet se, die een ding wat kort by die BL awning is dat mens die voorste voet van die awning moet afslaan om hom oop te maak. Maar dit is al!!! Jy het net die een voetstuk nodig. Het die afgelope toer n hele paar keer die awning net so oop geslaan en dan styf getrek agter.'
    Ja nee kyk daai is elf en tagtig persent beter as my huidige Conqueror awning.

Ek weet nie of daai awning gaan hou in regtige sterk wind soos ons hier kry aan die weskus nie. Vir my het die BL awning n sterker konstruksie en is baie stewig as hy met pale en toue geanker is.

Miskien kan die manne met bundutech awnings n paar fotos plaas en hulle opinies deel. Sal graag wil hoor by die met ondervinding!
    Last edited by Sandveld; 2017/05/19 at 05:17 PM.

We have a Serval. The envy of all other owners of different makes.

All I want to say is:

The 'BunduAwn' demoed in the video clip referred to in post #112, has 6 x arms and no upright posts on arms 3 & 4 to negate water accumulation.

The awnings made by Bundutec for the Afrispoor Cheetah & Serval vans have only 5 x arms and have the mentioned posts.

The current reality is that the 'BunduAwns' supplied to Afrispoor cannot be stretched sufficiently to smooth out the wrinkles as shown in the video.

They are also more difficult to fold down and the canvas sections end up in a crumpled mess before rolling them into a 'tube' for fitting into the storage bag.

I know because I have one .....
    Leading: 2013 Hyundai iX35 R2.0 GLS/Elite CRDi 4WD Auto
    Trailing : 2017 Afrispoor Serval (arrived on time but with issues)

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Wentzel View Post
    All I want to say is:

The 'BunduAwn' demoed in the video clip referred to in post #112, has 6 x arms and no upright posts on arms 3 & 4 to negate water accumulation.

The awnings made by Bundutec for the Afrispoor Cheetah & Serval vans have only 5 x arms and have the mentioned posts.

The current reality is that the 'BunduAwns' supplied to Afrispoor cannot be stretched sufficiently to smooth out the wrinkles as shown in the video.

They are also more difficult to fold down and the canvas sections end up in a crumpled mess before rolling them into a 'tube' for fitting into the storage bag.

I know because I have one .....
    Vernon how old is your awning? Reason I am asking is because Abrie from Afrispoor in JHB admitted that they had issues with the bundutec awnings but the new ones apparently sorted out most of the complains. No idea how 'new' is new.

Quote Originally Posted by oradba69 View Post
    Vernon how old is your awning? Reason I am asking is because Abrie from Afrispoor in JHB admitted that they had issues with the bundutec awnings but the new ones apparently sorted out most of the complains. No idea how 'new' is new.
    Will PM you soon .....
    Leading: 2013 Hyundai iX35 R2.0 GLS/Elite CRDi 4WD Auto
    Trailing : 2017 Afrispoor Serval (arrived on time but with issues)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vernon Wentzel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Wentzel View Post
    Will PM you soon .....
    Thanks, appreciate it. Will need to contact them before they fit it, if there is a problem.

I have been following this thread and also saw the Cheetah and Serval at the Beeld Show. To be dead honest I couldn’t care less which one, all I know is that I want one. I just think it is an amazing Van. We looked at all the caravans on show and the minute my wife saw the layout of the Afrispoor kitchen she was hooked and didn’t even want to look at anything else. Hopefully I will be able to take the step in August. I would however love to buy a second-hand one if possible but I understand that finding a second-hand Cheetah or Serval is almost impossible – will start my search in earnest closer to August or bite the bullet and buy new….. time will tell….. all I know is that I will be buying one for sure….. come August come!!!!!!!!

Apologies to everybody regarding my grumpy sarcastic post(s) in this thread.
    Was annoyed because it was turning into another 'BL uber all' thread.
    Seems like the awning fitted to the Afrispoor is not as great as I thought.
    Will need to follow it up with Abrie and David.

I have Serval. Would want nothing else. We are two and we even have spare unused space inside. It is a head turner and an envy generator. We started off with the ordinary tool up awning, wherein lay the rub. A mission. Dave replaced it free with a Bundutech. Easy out and easy in. No problem. With poles and Guy ropes another envy to all. Sides seal the deal.

Roll up awning.

[QUOTE=stigs;3581731]I have Serval. Would want nothing else. We are two and we even have spare unused space inside. It is a head turner and an envy generator. We started off with the ordinary tool up awning, wherein lay the rub. A mission. Dave replaced it free with a Bundutech. Easy out and easy in. No problem. With poles and Guy ropes another envy to all. Sides seal the deal.[/QU

Thanks Stigs. Can you please post pictures of your setup and especially the awning.

Picture of setup! Camping at Bokmakierie campsite. Rachelsrivier farm near Kareedouw EP.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stigs For This Useful Post:

VERY nice setup stigs
    "Everything You See, I Owe to Spaghetti" (Sophia Loren)

A couple of mates and I have just taken delivery of our new Cheetah's ordered at this years Beeld show. The wait was agonizing but so worth it in the end. Now the excitement starts as we start to play with the new toys in preparation for their maiden journeys.

With this in mind I would love to see ideas, pics, mods etc from the other Serval/Cheetah owners as to how they have customized their vans. Where and how have you packed what? What have you improved?

Come on Cheetahs let's get this thread back on track!
    2012 Disco 4 SDV6 SE (Snowflake) Hers
    2012 Fortuner 3.0 D4-d (Olaf) Mine
    2017 Afrispoor Cheetah
    2015 Conqueror Companion (Indlovu) SOLD
    2008 Disco 3 TDV6 S gone to Landy heaven

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrandonH For This Useful Post:

Would love to hear your opinion on its build quality and if it met your expectations. Did you get what you expected or were there shortfalls?

The Cheetah remains my top replacement for the Xplorer but its difficult to decide after hearing of quality issues and not having one close by to see myself.
    <insert all your cars, your wife's car, your kids pram model and your underpants size here - apparently it adds value and boosts you ego>

Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

OdM

As I mentioned 3 of us ordered the Cheetah at this year's Beeld Show and have just received them. All three were immaculate with no build quality issues. Very happy with our choice. I think the most impressive aspect of being an Afrispoor owner is the service from David and his team. Nothing is too much trouble.
    2017 Afrispoor Cheetah

Hi

The newly received Cheetáhs, do they have the new shower deign which David propose be at the back.
    Also show us any new features please.
    Ford Ranger 2013
    Afrispoor Cheetah 2017

Sadly we just missed the shower "upgrade" or relocation, but did see it on a Cheetah at the outdoor show this past weekend. Must say it looks really good and I am considering adding it to my van.
    2017 Afrispoor Cheetah

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast