Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: Discover your Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by rage101 View Post
    I have one for the Reverse camera

Put car in reverse , wait for camera to show on screen
    Put in Park
    Switch off
    Switch on
    and Camera stays in Reverse for the rest of the trip .
    Ok, so last question for the day :-) so tried the the above with no such luck. Disco 4, 2012 SE. Any ideas on what to do to get this to work?

You get those little rubbers from builders that you stick under chairs... this worked for me with my original 19s but now that I have BFGs on 18"s i need to figure something else out

Out of curiosity, why does the wheel size make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Orthok View Post
    You get those little rubbers from builders that you stick under chairs... this worked for me with my original 19s but now that I have BFGs on 18"s i need to figure something else out

Out of curiosity, why does the wheel size make a difference?
    It almost seems as if the rubber sticker just blocked out the 19" tyre but now with the 18" being a bigger tyre it sticks out more. I have not had time to investigate or play around with it but will be removing my bumper to have a look and see what can be done.
    Rob,

D4 SDV6 HSE ARB Bullbar, Compos, BFG 265/65R18s, Big Country drawers, National Luna 52L, Dometic 50L, Spare Wheel Carrier, Roof Rack, Hardshell RTT, FR 50" LED Bar, Lift Rods, Mantec Snorkel, C-TEK Dual batt system, 270 Ostrichwing, Maxtrax, TXG Rock Sliders, IIDtool, shelf

Quote Originally Posted by DETOUR-GP View Post
    It almost seems as if the rubber sticker just blocked out the 19" tyre but now with the 18" being a bigger tyre it sticks out more. I have not had time to investigate or play around with it but will be removing my bumper to have a look and see what can be done.
    As far as I know blocking the sensor with a piece of rubber or even prestik disables the sensor by absorbing the ultrasonic waves. It usually is the right hand inner sensor that causes problems and unlikely that a bigger tyre would trigger an additional sensor? Might be a different problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LightNotions View Post
    Ok, so last question for the day :-) so tried the the above with no such luck. Disco 4, 2012 SE. Any ideas on what to do to get this to work?
    Tested the same and reverse camera doesn't work for me either.
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu]

Raising suspension with engine off.

With engine not running, open door turn on hazard lights, close door.

On key fob hold down bottom left button with light symbol and keep pressed.

While keeping that one pressed push and hold unlock compressor runs and car goes up

Push lock and car goes down
    Rob,

D4 SDV6 HSE ARB Bullbar, Compos, BFG 265/65R18s, Big Country drawers, National Luna 52L, Dometic 50L, Spare Wheel Carrier, Roof Rack, Hardshell RTT, FR 50" LED Bar, Lift Rods, Mantec Snorkel, C-TEK Dual batt system, 270 Ostrichwing, Maxtrax, TXG Rock Sliders, IIDtool, shelf

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DETOUR-GP For This Useful Post:

great thread this!Question, how to get the dvd to play while car is in motion?When I go to the secret menu via valet long press there is an option for video. Selecting it the screen just goes blurry with green lines and does nothing. 2013 build

9. The Following User Says Thank You to m0lt3n For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m0lt3n View Post
    great thread this!Question, how to get the dvd to play while car is in motion?When I go to the secret menu via valet long press there is an option for video. Selecting it the screen just goes blurry with green lines and does nothing. 2013 build
    Unfortunately this is not a software hack.. its a hardware hack and youll need an adapter to do it.

https://naviks.com/i-24074883-2010-2...d-tv-free.html
    Rob,

Learned a new tip yesterday, when you guys are out and about with your Disco 3 or 4 in the bush and every time you open the door those darn lights come back on.... there is a solution. If you push and hold the center button for a few seconds the lights will flash a few times and wont come back on. This will be reset on next on/off cycle

Please and confirm this works with your model and report back?
    Rob,

Learned a new tip yesterday, when you guys are out and about with your Disco 3 or 4 in the bush and every time you open the door those darn lights come back on.... there is a solution. If you push and hold the center button for a few seconds the lights will flash a few times and wont come back on. This will be reset on next on/off cycle

My lights are off permanently, i can use an individual light by pressing that button. But, i cannot remember how i did it.
    Interior lights can be a strain on battery when preparing and packing a D4 for a trip. All lights go on every time a door is opened.
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

Worked with my D3 and both D4ís
    BruceT
    ZS6EBT

Yes, this works on a D3 (well, it does on mine). The centre button Detour mentions is on the front set of overhead lights. And it stays in this mode permanently, until you hold down the button again and the lights go back to "Auto" (which you will see flash in the centre display). I discovered it by mistake/frustration but I think its in the manual
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 SE
    2007 Fortuner 3.0 D4D

Quote Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
    ......I think its in the manual
    I probably should RTFM
    Rob,

I probably should RTFM
    Almost like reading Encyc Britt
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

17. The Following User Says Thank You to julius caesar For This Useful Post:

I probably should RTFM
    I've done it for you
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by zoneout; 2019/05/08 at 11:42 AM.
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 SE
    2007 Fortuner 3.0 D4D

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:

Wheel nuts for standard D4 are from UK and size is 7/8 inch, not a 21 or 22mm.

I always keep a 7/8 " socket in my car and insist on tyre centres using it. Some tyre places are aware of problem and have their own 7/8" handy for LR.
    When nuts are torqued with a 22mm i think it is, socket does not fit properly and nut is then twisted. Standard black D4 wheelspanner is also 7/8" and then does not fit over twisted nut.

I discovered above when on holiday, bored, and decided to check my wheel nuts. 8 nuts were twisted and could not be removed, thus all 4 my wheels could not be changed, in case of a puncture.

Was over Christmas period and LR agent in CT was closed for a few days. Made it back home on a prayer. Wheelnuts R150 a shot
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to julius caesar For This Useful Post:

Do this regularly
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu]

Quote Originally Posted by julius caesar View Post
    Almost like reading Encyc Britt
    Very much so!

I've had the car for 5 years now and learn something new every day!
    Rob,

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DETOUR-GP For This Useful Post:

..... 8 nuts were twisted and could not be removed, thus all 4 my wheels could not be changed, in case of a puncture.
    That's good to know, thanks!
    Did you change nuts to 20th century standards when you replaced the bent ones?
    Tyrannosaurus R5 and a second hand British Tata
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    Jan your signature says it all

I always keep a 7/8 " socket in my car and insist on tyre centres using it. Some tyre places are aware of problem and have their own 7/8" handy for LR.
    When nuts are torqued with a 22mm i think it is, socket does not fit properly and nut is then twisted. Standard black D4 wheelspanner is also 7/8" and then does not fit over twisted nut.

I discovered above when on holiday, bored, and decided to check my wheel nuts. 8 nuts were twisted and could not be removed, thus all 4 my wheels could not be changed, in case of a puncture.

Was over Christmas period and LR agent in CT was closed for a few days. Made it back home on a prayer. Wheelnuts R150 a shot
    Another thing with wheel nuts (D3 and D4): Never use a 12 point socket on them. The standard wheel spanners are six point, but most sockets in that size are 12 point. Strips the metal shell chop-chop. If you use a socket, make sure its six point. I think Gedore has a rounded corner six point as well which is also good.

Personally, I am happy when they strip, then its an excuse to rip off the soft shell, and you have a proper bolt head, solid steel, underneath. Then you use a 21, no more problems ever. Most of my wheel nuts have now had their covers ripped off, that design is terrible, no place on an overland vehicle.

The shell isn't difficult to remove if you use a flat screwdriver and a small hammer to puncture and cut it to start off, then get a pair of pliers in and you can rip it off. Good riddance.

And take a spare wheel nut along on overlands.......believe it or not, I have had a wheel nut (not the stud) broken on a trip by an exuberant tyre guy with too much "lever" to his spanner. Its easy to turn it off by hand in that case, and just fit the spare. But don't buy a spare: LR dealers have plenty of old "stripped" ones lying around, just wander around the back and ask.
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 SE
    2007 Fortuner 3.0 D4D

27. The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast