Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    Okay all you Slaapstad dwellers. We have two spots open for a complete dash and cable tie fix that is taking place in Milnerton on 5 Dec. Mr.G and I are flying down to CT and we have 10 cars lined up already. We can squeeze in 12 max. So who is in? The cost is R1200 each and first come first served. PM me for details.
    I am from Villiersdorp 1 hrs drive from CT.If there is still a opening available for a dashboard fix on the 5th Dec I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by villiersdorp View Post
    I am from Villiersdorp 1 hrs drive from CT.If there is still a opening available for a dashboard fix on the 5th Dec I will be there.

Welcome to the forum. We are now full, no more space left for this day. I have sent you a pm, once I get your details then I can send you the information.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    Another two shorty's done today. A 2008 and a 2011, received positive comments from one guy already just going over speed bumps. Will report back when he has returned to his farm in the Waterberg later today.

Mine was the 2011. Just returned from a coastal trip. Travelled over Prince Alfred's pass to Keurboomstrand and back via Knysna, again over Prince Alfred's. From Knysna the road was a great deal worse with lots of potholes, filled with rain water. I am very happy with the improvement! Sure there are still some dash trembling's which one will find with most vehicles but the big sudden thump is gone. Great job, thanks Kurt!
    Wit FoByFo (LangGat)
    Wit FoByFo (KortGat)
    Rooi Motorrad (WindGat)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoboos View Post
    Mine was the 2011. Just returned from a coastal trip. Travelled over Prince Alfred's pass to Keurboomstrand and back via Knysna, again over Prince Alfred's. From Knysna the road was a great deal worse with lots of potholes, filled with rain water. I am very happy with the improvement! Sure there are still some dash trembling's which one will find with most vehicles but the big sudden thump is gone. Great job, thanks Kurt!

Fantastic news!!! I'm very glad you have experienced such a big improvement. It would be great to know how other vehicles would fare in a direct comparison on the same stretch of road.....

My SWB paid a visit to Kurt today and received the full treatment. Huge improvement noticed on way home on R511's bad surface. I now can't wait for the real test, Kgalagadi.

Thanks Kurt, appreciate the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2056 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	378258  
    Tobie Oosthuizen
    2020 Pajero 3.2L DiD Exceed
    Frontrunner Slimline roofrack

Pleasure Tobie, cant wait to hear about the improvement in Kgalagadi? Glad I could help.

Default Hats off to you guys ...

Thanks to John and Kurt I am now happily and confidently waiting for the sale of my generation 4 (man what a search !) to go through and then on to the dash mod (who knows maybe it has already been done !).

I am a practical guy so will go for it myself thanks to all the groundwork done by you guys. Will let you know if I have anything to add / contribute.
    Peter
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY,

SOMETIMES I JUST LET HER SLEEP!

I had my dash fixed by Kurt 2 weeks ago and have eventually had an opportunity to test it on corrugated gravel road that I travel on regularly. The improvement is huge, I was very impressed as the dash didn't rattle or move. Previously I could not even hear anyone in the car as it was so loud. Kurt had warned that you will now start hearing all the other noises from the back of the car.
    Just wanted to say I big thank you once again to Kurt for all the effort put into my car and making the driving experience more pleasurable. Everyone who owns a Pajero should have the fix done it's worth every cent.
    Regards
    Wayne

Thanks Wayne, great to hear. Thanks must also go to John for inventing this relatively simple fix.

PS - we managed to complete the 13 fixes yesterday down in the stunning Cape, what an awesome weekend with some great guys and gals. Until the next one..... Durban perhaps?

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Kurt and John for arranging the Cape Town Dash Fix and for their long day of work on Saturday. Met a great bunch of guys!
    2005 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.2 DiD GLS (sold)
    2008 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.2 DiDc GLS

Guys from KZN, check this out. We have upgraded the bracket design from mild steel to aluminium so corrosion won't be an issue.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...d.php?t=238708

Default Pajero Gen4 Dash Shake & Rattles fix

Had my 2nd treatment at Kurt's place last week - now have the latest center bracket installed with the famous cable-tie fix done earlier in the year. even just driving my normal routes this last week i can feel a large improvement! will do some gravel on Saturday but i have full confidence.

john: your design is top notch - thank you so much. your "gauteng dash mechanic" is well trained too!

kurt: many thanks to you too for taking the time working on our cars - you've had my car twice now.

@kzn guys: pull together and invite the two dash mechanics over for a weekend - you won't believe the improvement until you experience it!

kurt: the signature... i know....
    Last edited by pantoffel; 2015/12/22 at 10:14 PM.

Mitsubishi Pajero Gen4 3.2 DiD SWB Auto - the Squeek, Rattle and Shudder Mobile (almost all fixed!)
    Goodyear Wrangler ATSA Tyres
    Stofpad4x4 50mm Spacer Lift
    Stofpad4x4 Front Bashplate
    Stofpad4x4 Rock Sliders
    Llumar Smash & Grab Window Tint
    Dual Battery

Hello guys.
    I really like what you did guys to stop those annoying dash rattles. I tried the cable ties but that didn't help much. The center dash above the mmcs still shakes real hard. I wanna do the brackets but I'm far far away from where you live guys. I live in Saudi Arabia and I'm wondering if you can ship the brackets with how-to instructions. I ll pay you guys for the total cost and a fee for your hard work.
    Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by Scoter View Post
    Hello guys.
    I really like what you did guys to stop those annoying dash rattles. I tried the cable ties but that didn't help much. The center dash above the mmcs still shakes real hard. I wanna do the brackets but I'm far far away from where you live guys. I live in Saudi Arabia and I'm wondering if you can ship the brackets with how-to instructions. I ll pay you guys for the total cost and a fee for your hard work.
    Thank you again
    Also far away what is possible for the brackets international shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoter View Post
    Hello guys.
    Thank you again

Let me think about this and see if I can find the time to create a "self help manual" that can be sent over the interweb for those abroad. Bear with me as work is a bit busy at the moment.

I installed the brackets in a 2009 GLX yesterday. The owner had an aftermarket radio fitted by an aftermarket fitment centre. They made a real mess of it and I had to replace 6 of those little white clips that hold the vents and radio face in place. They also managed to mess up the screws that hold the CD player in place behind the face. Thank goodness i always keep a few of the clips on hand, at least his dash is solid again. Back to Mitsu this week to replenish my stock

Its surprising to see how many cars we have done that have had some sort of installation and the amount of missing screws and clips that are not replaced by the installation companies

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Its surprising to see how many cars we have done that have had some sort of installation and the amount of missing screws and clips that are not replaced by the installation companies

Well, my experience is that Mitsu Sandton doesn't ever have stock of the clips, so to get a car out on the day if something has been installed (by installers or Mitsu) they need to re-assemble and let the car go. Having said that, the parts are generally available the next day.

We are doing a KZN dash fix weekend on 30/31 Jan. We are doing fixes in Durban and Howick, if anyone would like theirs done then please let me know. We have 5 spots open at the moment, first come first served. Cheers!

Hi Guys,
    Can you tell me where you are situated and the approx. price of installation on 2008 3.8GLS I am in Klerksdorp and would need to make a plan to bring the vehicle to you. Thanks

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast