Default Joined the Foton group

Sold my Triton 3.2 A/T and bought myself a 2015 Foton Tunland with 8k on the clock and a maintenance plan up to 100k. I'm amazed at this double cab what you get for the price as I wanted to buy a amarok but at 500k and after a hell of alot of research I feel I cannot get more bang for my buck by buying this bakkie and I see the Aussies is crazy about this model but I think it should be marketed better in SA.

Just on the towing capacity topic I have a 22ft inboard boat that weighs around 1.8T full with fuel and towing it with the Foton was my deal breaker on the test drive.Well it passed my expectations by being a slightly better towing bakkie than my A/T Triton and it's bigger!
    Last edited by magnut4.0; 2015/09/09 at 09:00 AM.
    2019 Pajero sport
    2000 Fird Expedition 5.4
    1989 Ford Bronck 302

Those who bought a canopy did you go for the lowline Beekman or Roamer Rand?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2019 Pajero sport
    2000 Fird Expedition 5.4
    1989 Ford Bronck 302

So what model did you get and at what price.

I will be following with interest.
    Zerubbabel 2 the 2008 4.8 turbo Patrol with some kit
    Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel’s way! (Zech 4:7)

I bought the 2.8 comfort 4x2 (luxury is 20k extra and it's only leater seats and bluetooth) as I use it to tow and 4x4 is a overkill for the job. I got it for R270k with canopy , towbar , and 100k maintenance plan i.e all maintenance done by them except tyres for my account.
    2019 Pajero sport
    2000 Fird Expedition 5.4
    1989 Ford Bronck 302

Congratulations!, or rather sincere condolences!!

I have also have on 4x4 comfort, and to be honest, lovely vehicle with good overall impression and capabilities, but................. worst aftersales service I ever came across.
    I received mine in February, with 145km's on the clock, currently have 29,000km's on, and after all this time the delivery issues has not been sorted since delivery.
    But I say it again, if Fotos SA can offer a better aftersales service, it can become a product that be very competitive in the market.

Sorry to hear about your experience hope you get everything sorted. Strangely enough in the 5 years owning my Triton I had a few unpleasant encounters with Mits regarding spares and after sales service ie. airbag light that keeps coming on every three months so in general customer service is a problem this sector.
    2019 Pajero sport
    2000 Fird Expedition 5.4
    1989 Ford Bronck 302

Thanks, I am sure will be sorted, just the time to get to decisions, and there warrantee process it not the most stream lined I have ever seened.

You "extended" warrantee, up to 100K, is that by Liquid Capital?, if yes, please check your documentation, as I had something similar, but they had the dates wrong, and mine is due to expire November this year.
    I have requested for them to rectify, and apparently they did, but I haven't seen the new "updated" documents.

Ahh thansk Riaan will check when I take delivery tomorrow.
    2019 Pajero sport
    2000 Fird Expedition 5.4
    1989 Ford Bronck 302

Be carefull and think again before you sign . rather buy a toyota or something else.
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vheerddp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magnut4.0 View Post
    Sold my Triton 3.2 A/T and bought myself a 2015 Foton Tunland with 8k on the clock and a maintenance plan up to 100k. I'm amazed at this double cab what you get for the price as I wanted to buy a amarok but at 500k and after a hell of alot of research I feel I cannot get more bang for my buck by buying this bakkie and I see the Aussies is crazy about this model but I think it should be marketed better in SA.

Just on the towing capacity topic I have a 22ft inboard boat that weighs around 1.8T full with fuel and towing it with the Foton was my deal breaker on the test drive.Well it passed my expectations by being a slightly better towing bakkie than my A/T Triton and it's bigger!
    Hi, magnut4.0.

Greetings from the other side of the pond and welcome to the community. You express the feeling of all the owners I have known: good surprise! Maybe you’ll have some issues, as I have had, but not a single serious one, all have been solved by the dealer, and each time I think on the price of a Hilux 3.0 and I smile (I paid a bit more than a half for the Tunland). Some mates here have expressed the need for a better after sales service there in SA. It was the case in Australia, Foton changed the dealer, and maybe it’s better now.

The Tunland is now beginning to become known here in Colombia, became the 4th top selling with almost 6 % of market share, and it’s the only one with better sales during the first half of 2015, a 132 % increase! All others fell. This probably will improve with the new factory that began to work last month near Bogota. The table is wrong because the JAC 1035 is not a pickup but a 2 tons COE truck. The “Chevrolet Luv” is not called like that now but Chevrolet Dmax (the same Isuzu you know) and the Chery Yoki is a mini pickup, not a midsize one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by vheerddp View Post
    Be carefull and think again before you sign . rather buy a toyota or something else.

Hi Dirk I considered your request and read your unfortunate experience on the forum. Would also leave a bad taste but I still took delivery after I had my one checked out and made sure there were no issues before signing. AA test had no issues listed from what it was worth and got the warranty/fix report issued for this bakkie checked out. Seems my van checked out clean and tidy.

Drove it the whole weekend and I'm happy so far. Let's see when it's service time.
    2019 Pajero sport
    2000 Fird Expedition 5.4
    1989 Ford Bronck 302

Enjoy, and what I like the most from mine is the fuel economy!

Hope you are happy and many kilometes
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Hi Dirk I considered your request and read your unfortunate experience on the forum. Would also leave a bad taste but I still took delivery after I had my one checked out and made sure there were no issues before signing. AA test had no issues listed from what it was worth and got the warranty/fix report issued for this bakkie checked out. Seems my van checked out clean and tidy.

Drove it the whole weekend and I'm happy so far. Let's see when it's service time.
    Any comments so far?
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Very happy so far.Had a engine light on a couple of times and took it for the 10k service.The techie tried to get it off but came back on again.These bakkies seems to have electrical pms so having this issue with my Jeeps as well I replaced the kongfong battery with a higher spec willard and the engine light issue sorted immidiately.
    2019 Pajero sport
    2000 Fird Expedition 5.4
    1989 Ford Bronck 302

Same happened to mine. Also replaced battery and no problems after that.
    Last edited by UITZICHT; 2015/09/28 at 12:11 PM.
    FOTON TUNLAND 4X4 LUX
    UPGRADES:"LEVEL IT" SPACER KIT,2" LIFT WITH RANCHO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS,ROCKSPIDER 4X4: BASHPLATE,ROCKSLIDERS,REARBUMPER/TOWBAR COMBINATION. UTILITY BOXES FOR AIR COMPRESSOR AND RECOVERY GEAR. DIY CANOPY. NEW CUSTOM BUMPER.

Very happy so far.Had a engine light on a couple of times and took it for the 10k service.The techie tried to get it off but came back on again.These bakkies seems to have electrical pms so having this issue with my Jeeps as well I replaced the kongfong battery with a higher spec willard and the engine light issue sorted immidiately.
    I also had to replace my battery (warranty) and never had a check engine light again.

Default Re: Joined the Foton group

Hi Magnum

are you still enjoying the Foton

cheers,
    matt

Cool Re: Joined the Foton group

Still more than happy with mine after 4 years!!!
    FOTON TUNLAND 4X4 LUX
    UPGRADES:"LEVEL IT" SPACER KIT,2" LIFT WITH RANCHO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS,ROCKSPIDER 4X4: BASHPLATE,ROCKSLIDERS,REARBUMPER/TOWBAR COMBINATION. UTILITY BOXES FOR AIR COMPRESSOR AND RECOVERY GEAR. DIY CANOPY. NEW CUSTOM BUMPER.