All Terain Tyres for Hardbody





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    29
    Posts
    63
    Thanked: 2

    Post All Terain Tyres for Hardbody

    Hi Guys

    Im going to be looking to replace my tyres on my hardbody in about two months.

    Im not really brand fixed but do not want to buy fong kong tyres that will last me half the mileage of the more established brands.


    Can one of you experienced guys suggest a affordable and durable AT tyre?

    I'm currently running 16" 245/70 Conti's.
    History :
    1998 Hyundai Accent 1.3 XS
    2010 Hyundai i20 1.4
    2007 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS


    Current : 2004 Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    37
    Posts
    220
    Thanked: 50

    Default

    I had Conti Eco Contacts on my Hardbody and was very impressed with them. Did about 10km of bad gravel road with them everyday and 2 4x4 routes without an issues. They were close to the 100 000km mark when I sold the vehicle.
    2007 Nissan Navara 2.5dCI Double Cab 4x4
    Safari Snorkel
    ARB Bumper
    Load Bin Lid
    Rear Drawer System
    Long Range Fuel Tank

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    29
    Posts
    63
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cr1sp1 View Post
    I had Conti Eco Contacts on my Hardbody and was very impressed with them. Did about 10km of bad gravel road with them everyday and 2 4x4 routes without an issues. They were close to the 100 000km mark when I sold the vehicle.
    Did they break your wallet when you bought them though?
    History :
    1998 Hyundai Accent 1.3 XS
    2010 Hyundai i20 1.4
    2007 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS


    Current : 2004 Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x2

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanked: 422

    Default

    Check under tyres, there is a few threads running where all you need to know is discussed.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    33
    Posts
    945
    Thanked: 126

    Default

    Get the conti world contact 4x4 tyres, very nice AT tyres

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    37
    Posts
    220
    Thanked: 50

    Default

    My apologies, I meant the World Contact 4x4. Don't know where I got the Eco bit from.
    2007 Nissan Navara 2.5dCI Double Cab 4x4
    Safari Snorkel
    ARB Bumper
    Load Bin Lid
    Rear Drawer System
    Long Range Fuel Tank

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    56
    Posts
    34,590
    Thanked: 9721

    Default

    Dunlop Trakgrips.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brackenfell
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,558
    Thanked: 226

    Default

    Conti's are pretty good in the segment they fall. MY FIL had dueller on his before he sold it. He was happy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanked: 380

    Default

    Running Hankooks on my dads Hardbody. Done about 15000km of purely gravel and the tires are handling it well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,728
    Thanked: 182

    Default

    You dont say how you use your bakkie and why you need ATs.

    My current shortlist is:
    General Grabber AT (with the criss-cross pattern)
    Pirelli Scorpion ATR
    Michelin - some prices have dropped to affordable lately and prob the best ATs out there)
    Good reviews on Hankook and Firestone as well.
    If you rob at least 2 banks, you can consider Cooper.

    Remember, all ATs are useless for anything more demanding than a gravel road.
    -----------------------------
    Isuzu Frontier 280LX 4x4 2001

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    29
    Posts
    63
    Thanked: 2

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueFrontier View Post
    You dont say how you use your bakkie and why you need ATs.

    My current shortlist is:
    General Grabber AT (with the criss-cross pattern)
    Pirelli Scorpion ATR
    Michelin - some prices have dropped to affordable lately and prob the best ATs out there)
    Good reviews on Hankook and Firestone as well.
    If you rob at least 2 banks, you can consider Cooper.

    Remember, all ATs are useless for anything more demanding than a gravel road.
    I basically use it as a daily vehicle between Randburg and Hyde Park and then as a toy on weekends.

    It dont need full on offroad tyres as its a 4x2.
    Im actually trying to get something that will work on gravel and tar, last a while but wont cost me a arm and a leg.

    Ill save up for the expensive tyres
    History :
    1998 Hyundai Accent 1.3 XS
    2010 Hyundai i20 1.4
    2007 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS


    Current : 2004 Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Jhb
    Age
    32
    Posts
    711
    Thanked: 141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acpuma9 View Post
    I basically use it as a daily vehicle between Randburg and Hyde Park and then as a toy on weekends.

    It dont need full on offroad tyres as its a 4x2.
    Im actually trying to get something that will work on gravel and tar, last a while but wont cost me a arm and a leg.

    Ill save up for the expensive tyres
    Whats your budget?

    R1000 per tyre R1800 per tyre??
    Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x4 D/cab
    Steed 5 2.5tci 4x4 D/cab... Ex


Similar Threads

  1. What tyres for Tucson for gravel road travels?
    By pgjonker in forum Tyre chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2015/08/17, 07:01 AM
  2. Tyres that don't puncture on gravel roads
    By Pieter4x4 in forum Tyre chat
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 2014/07/31, 02:28 PM
  3. What Tyres should I use
    By pmdt83 in forum Tyre chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2013/05/22, 05:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •