Middelburg to Ohrigstad, best route

Default Middelburg to Ohrigstad, best route

Travelling from Pretoria to Hoedspruit there are severalroutes. However, of the routes below, which are the quickest from Middelburg toOhrigstad with the roads being in the best condition:

1. Middelburg then onto the R555 via Stofberg, Steelpoort and Burgersfort to Ohrigstad, or
    2. Middelburg continue on the N4 to Belfast, then via the R540 through Dullstroom to Lydenburg and then on the R36 to Ohrigstad.
    Your feedback will be appreciated, even if there are other faster and safer roads.
    Last edited by HJB01; 2015/08/18 at 08:13 AM.
    Bush Lapa Miskruier: B116

Go via Belfast, Dullstroom and Lydenburg, the road surface conditions are much better and the recent spate of local community unrest in the Steelpoort Burgersfort area is cause for alarm. At this stage things are quiet but it can change at any moment without notice.

I work Mondays to Thursdays on the Mines between Steelpoort and Lydenburg and have been travelling these roads now every week for the past 4 years.

On Fridays I have the pleasure of travelling between Pretoria East and Jan Smuts ave off-ramp on the M1 between my home and office.......
    Johan De Graaf

2018 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL Doublecab
    2013 Range Rover evogue HSE Dynamic SD4
    2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8

Agreed 110%, Belfast, Dullstroom and Lydenburg much. much better! Also try to avoid driving at night, that road holds some surprises, even in daylight hours

Have a safe trip

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Go via Belfast, Dullstroom and Lydenburg, the road surface conditions are much better and the recent spate of local community unrest in the Steelpoort Burgersfort area is cause for alarm. At this stage things are quiet but it can change at any moment without notice.

I work Mondays to Thursdays on the Mines between Steelpoort and Lydenburg and have been travelling these roads now every week for the past 4 years.

On Fridays I have the pleasure of travelling between Pretoria East and Jan Smuts ave off-ramp on the M1 between my home and office.......
    2011 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI with air

More,Ja stem saam ek bly in steelpoort op n plaas en ja die goed se koppe haak sommer uit sonder enige waarskuwing, ek hoor nou hoka ou Malema kom Vridag hiernatoe, so ja jy kan maar net dink waste gemors gaan weer hier wees, so ja vermy Steelpoort ten alle koste ou maater.
    2008 3.2 DiD Mitsubishi 4x4
    2006 2.5 Ford Ranger Super cab 4x2

Thanks a million gents!!! You made it quite easy for me to decide. Many years ago we went up to Hoedspruit/Mica farm on a regular basis. Unfortunately this does not happen any more so the road conditions are quite unknown to me. Thanks again.
    Bush Lapa Miskruier: B116