Crannkshaft bearing issue - Page 2





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pretoria and Zürich/Switzerland
    Age
    65
    Posts
    6,913
    Thanked: 436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tim View Post
    Forumites can anyone offer Andrew any advise or guidance why LRJSA are only offering a 30% contribution appose to several including my own where LRJSA essentially paid 100%.......................Andrew needs help here and clearly assistance from a legal or technical viewpoint.




    Is it the Dealers lack of experience with this TOPIX claim, has the claim been scaled down to 30% because of ?, are LRJSA now pulling away from the goodwill etc etc etc.
    Mr Tim

    JLRSA look at claims for vehicles less than 7 years old or 240'000km whichever comes first.

    We would need to know from Andrew what year and mileage his vehicle is.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

    Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png


    Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Langs die rivier, op n berg
    Posts
    12,744
    Thanked: 2435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hgbosch View Post
    Mr Tim

    JLRSA look at claims for vehicles less than 7 years old or 240'000km whichever comes first.

    We would need to know from Andrew what year and mileage his vehicle is.
    132000km, but he did not say how old
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Clarens
    Age
    54
    Posts
    142
    Thanked: 5

    Default

    George


    I believe its a 2008 TDV6, Andrew please give us some more history, mileage, service records etc.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    56
    Posts
    34,522
    Thanked: 9682

    Default

    I hope andrew isn't one of those that only joins the forum to vent.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,030
    Thanked: 393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco-Deon View Post
    I would follow Jelo's thoughts
    30% of R258 gives you R77 - that will go a LONG way at CME
    I get the idea that LR will give him 30% discount, not pay him out 30%. If he goes elsewhere than LR they will probably not assist.
    2004 Defender 110 Td5


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jukskei Park
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Andrew is a vanilla overlander that bought, what he assumed to be, a good car. He ran into troubles and got to the forum/LW/me via the interweb.

    The car is a 2008 spec HSE, IIRC his mileage is 130k-odd, so prior to the cambelt change.

    Contribute henceforth please.
    2008 9A Discovery 3 TDV6 SE "Binky"
    2015 Amarok Auto Highline

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    56
    Posts
    34,522
    Thanked: 9682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theunis Kruger View Post
    Andrew is a vanilla overlander that bought, what he assumed to be, a good car. He ran into troubles and got to the forum/LW/me via the interweb.

    The car is a 2008 spec HSE, IIRC his mileage is 130k-odd, so prior to the cambelt change.

    Contribute henceforth please.
    Great. We need to make sure here that JLRSA doesn't try and rip him off.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fourways Gardens
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanked: 574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Something fishy here.

    The cost of an engine replacement/repair from LRSA cant be R285K.
    Nothing fishy fluffy. My friend was quoted R240k by Land Rover Nelspruit.

    Defender Puma Raw Limited Edition
    Series III 88"
    Scout Nomad


    Chop your own firewood and it will warm you twice

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Langs die rivier, op n berg
    Posts
    12,744
    Thanked: 2435

    Default

    So, ouer as 7 jaar, netnet, so buite hul waarborg, dus 30% "goodwill"?
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bellville
    Age
    60
    Posts
    11,663
    Thanked: 727

    Default

    I don't think LRHO has offered the 30% in cash. It will probably be in the form a "discount" on the quoted repair cost at the LR dealership. As this quote seems to be massively inflated, it will obviously not cost them or the dealer anything.
    Last edited by ThysleRoux; 2015/07/24 at 09:25 AM.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pretoria and Zürich/Switzerland
    Age
    65
    Posts
    6,913
    Thanked: 436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudeG View Post
    Nothing fishy fluffy. My friend was quoted R240k by Land Rover Nelspruit.
    Hi All

    that is where CME come in.

    #1 They offer a vastly superior sub assembly compared to OEM

    # 2 Their prices are competitive

    So lets support them.

    They pioneered the way with a fix that puts an end to turned bearings and broken cranks.

    The rest of the TDV6 engine is incredibly well designed (as most French engines are and have always been) so once fixed by CME the D3 TDV6 should be an effortless pleasure to drive.
    Last edited by hgbosch; 2015/07/24 at 09:54 AM.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

    Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png


    Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Hi guys. Landrover will pay a cent if off landrover repair.
    Cme centring motors. ?



    TIC.[/QUOTE]

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    120
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
    Hi guys. Landrover will pay a cent if off landrover repair. Cme centring motors. ? TIC.
    [/QUOTE] Sorry Andrew? Try again!

    <UIImage: 0x18a91fe0>, {48, 32}
    Ford Wildtrak 2016 A/T
    Honda CRV 2.2 Dtec Elegance 2013 Sold
    LR Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE 2005 Sold

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    120
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hgbosch View Post
    Hi All that is where CME come in. #1 They offer a vastly superior sub assembly compared to OEM # 2 Their prices are competitive So lets support them. They pioneered the way with a fix that puts an end to turned bearings and broken cranks. The rest of the TDV6 engine is incredibly well designed (as most French engines are and have always been) so once fixed by CME the D3 TDV6 should be an effortless pleasure to drive.
    Buy a DIsco 3 that has a blown engine for R100k or less! Go to CME and get a decent rebuild for R100k fitted with new oil pump, injectors etc.and you will have one of the best vehicles on the road for R200k and it will do another 200 000 kms with a smile. What on earth can you buy for this price that is so awesome! Nothing!

    {
    InterlaceType = 0;
    }
    Ford Wildtrak 2016 A/T
    Honda CRV 2.2 Dtec Elegance 2013 Sold
    LR Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE 2005 Sold

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pretoria and Zürich/Switzerland
    Age
    65
    Posts
    6,913
    Thanked: 436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mice View Post
    Buy a DIsco 3 that has a blown engine for R100k or less! Go to CME and get a decent rebuild for R100k fitted with new oil pump, injectors etc.and you will have one of the best vehicles on the road for R200k and it will do another 200 000 kms with a smile. What on earth can you buy for this price that is so awesome! Nothing!

    {
    InterlaceType = 0;
    }
    Hi Mice

    you echo what I posted some time ago regarding a D3 advertised for 100K.

    Swambo loves her D3, the rig drives like a dream, doesn't fart, no funny smoke, no rough idling.

    Starts on the button even after protracted non-activity (due to overseas committments of both of us ).

    Those of you who have been following my advice over the past 4 years (echoed by a growing number of indies ) are enjoying their rigs.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

    Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png


    Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Good morning
    Does anyone know what an engine from cme would cost.
    If I go off landrover it is 100% my cost

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pretoria and Zürich/Switzerland
    Age
    65
    Posts
    6,913
    Thanked: 436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
    Good morning
    Does anyone know what an engine from cme would cost.
    If I go off landrover it is 100% my cost
    Hi Andrew

    that depends on what needs to be replaced.

    Full engine with new injectors etc around 100K

    Above costs including all labour, taking off body etc.

    Sub only is a lot cheaper from them.
    Last edited by hgbosch; 2015/07/25 at 08:20 AM.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

    Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png


    Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    53
    Posts
    13
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    probably the most frustrating experience of my life, it is just smoke and mirrors. not even sure I have the 30% at the moment, but even with that it is just too expensive a repair.


    will contact CME, NEED TO START looking at Plan B, so disappointed in Landrover at the moment.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    56
    Posts
    34,522
    Thanked: 9682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
    probably the most frustrating experience of my life, it is just smoke and mirrors. not even sure I have the 30% at the moment, but even with that it is just too expensive a repair.


    will contact CME, NEED TO START looking at Plan B, so disappointed in Landrover at the moment.
    Horrible situation to be in. Good luck.

    Maybe another forum rescue?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    51
    Posts
    27,153
    Thanked: 568

    Default

    @Hgbosch - your mentioned a French engine? In the Disco? I thought it was a Ford or Jag engine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 3 weeks later, Dealer unable to fix issue
    By BAX4x4 in forum Ford & Mazda
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2015/01/05, 01:49 PM
  2. Land rover TD5 earth issue and repair
    By LandyMal in forum Land Rover
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2014/10/25, 09:35 PM
  3. Defender Puma Electrical Issue
    By Bigblue in forum Land Rover
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2013/02/27, 01:49 PM
  4. T-max 160lpm compressor bearing failure!
    By Barto in forum 4x4 Recovery & Recovery Gear
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2011/07/31, 09:09 PM
  5. Collapsed Wheel bearing
    By DouglasN in forum Ford & Mazda
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011/05/26, 05:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •