Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bad luck Foton

Default bad luck Foton

I got my foton 4x4 lux at Boksburg it was a demo with 350 km on the clock.when I got home I noticed that this bakkie was in an accident because the right front door color was darker than the rest of the car and the entire bakkie was polished to the undercoat at some places.The fault list is about a page long and the bakkie is at the dealers for two months now.Waiting for spares and waiting for spares , just be aware that if you have an accident you will wait long for spares and make sure if you buy one it is right because after you have signed you got married to the thing with no support from the dealer where you bought it from.That is my experience it might be different at other dealers but Boksburg cheated me.
    Last edited by Dirk; 2015/07/02 at 11:17 PM.
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Very interesting, as I also bought mine from Boksburg, Renault centre, and they screw me with the year model, and because of that lost my 1st service on the motor plan, and also lost one years factory warrantee. I am currently busy with a case against them via the motor industry ombudsman.

Good luck, but if jou ever need to do a service go to Germiston branch Mark Oosthuizen is the service manager he is honest and good service
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by RiaanB1025 View Post
    Very interesting, as I also bought mine from Boksburg, Renault centre, and they screw me with the year model, and because of that lost my 1st service on the motor plan, and also lost one years factory warrantee. I am currently busy with a case against them via the motor industry ombudsman.
    Riaan ek het die selde oorgekom toe ek my bakkie koop het hy 350km op gehad maar volgens hulle is dit n prereg of demo en n 2014 model .net voor ek hom vat het hulle hom sy eerste diens gegee en net daar verloor ek toe ook n jaar waarborg.
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Is dit n trend?, duidelik glo hulle nie aan opvolg besigheid en verwysings besigheid nie........

Default foute op foton

Dit is die foute wat ek op my Foton 4x4 lux gekry het

Good day Johan/Neels

Defects on Foton Tunland that I got on Friday 06/03/15 amended the list on 06/05/15

Defects
    Repaired
    Airbag Light stays on
    16/03
    Spot Lights not working
    16/03
    Cluster not bright enough (Screwdriver marks on the dash when it was changed)
    16/03
    Centre vent control defective

Foton badge got bubbles
    16/03
    Water leak inside L/V

Hood lining inside near water leak not in good order

Main key does not fit ignition
    16/03
    Bonnet got spots on and small scratches

R/V door cover buckled from sun

Leak on gearbox

Registration not done yet
    16/03
    Right front door color does not match the r/rear door and looks like it was polished with a buff taking of paint to the undercoat on the side near door handle

Inside fan making a noise when selecting vent options need to replace the mixing vale and complete HVAC box

Vehicle is full of oil on the cover plates under the engine

Head light gets fog inside after driving in the rain

Rear seat got a round spot on the left side

Rear left door panel inside making bubbles on arm rest

Scratch on the grill when the repairs was done on the 16th

Wood trimming on left /front door dented

Lighter socket not working

Right /front window will go up and down sometimes while driving

R/F Seat small tear in leather

Rubbers inside the doors missing

Left front indicator works just sometimes Indicator (unit)

Head lights is peeling off some kind of film not sure what it is

Boost pipe recall
    Last edited by vheerddp; 2015/07/08 at 03:03 PM. Reason: ad info
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

This is the feedback I got and what is going to be repaired

Afternoon,

Please note that we are in the processof this claim, we have ordered the parts that we could get part numbers fromthe system, the rest of the parts are been resolved by our parts manager. Wewill be getting a quote from our panel shop for the body work and painting etctomorrow. The following parts have arrived for this vehicle:

• Power window switch
    • Emblem front fender
    • Front door panel
    • R/h head light
    • Roof lining
    • Heater box
    • Front door panel
    • l/h head light
    • rear door panel
    • grill assy
    Last edited by vheerddp; 2015/07/08 at 03:05 PM. Reason: ad info
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

sounds like a landrover

No been there done that, never again it is a Foton
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Strangely, I also had a Land Rover, and thought that was the worst, but...........

I dont want to bad mouth the Foton bakkie l like it , the engine and gearbox is good , I also like the shape and looks of the bakkie .My fight is with the people who sold it to me,thy just don't come to the party after you signed the contract your a gonner.All I want to say is be on the lookout for the skelms and make sure that the vehicle is in a good condition , rather get the AA infolved to do a good check and report.The other thing is there is not a lot of dealers and if I have do this all over again I will rather buy a Toyota
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Sounds if your vehicle was def in accident and is been cover up.
    Speak to Foton sa directly. Very happy with mine. And service from Foton Menlyn.
    FOTON TUNLAND 4X4 LUX
    UPGRADES:"LEVEL IT" SPACER KIT,2" LIFT WITH RANCHO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS,ROCKSPIDER 4X4: BASHPLATE,ROCKSLIDERS,REARBUMPER/TOWBAR COMBINATION. UTILITY BOXES FOR AIR COMPRESSOR AND RECOVERY GEAR. DIY CANOPY. NEW CUSTOM BUMPER.

I agree, love my vehicle, just the people who need to attend to the issues, and the sad thing is they are all nice, likeable people, but nothing gets done or finalised. I have to agree, if they do not change there "business concept, plan" and become more customer focused, orientated, they will never grow the brand in this country. Saying that, word of mouth will also not do them any favours currently, as form my side I have high praise for the vehicle, but "crooking" of the models, sell 2nd hand, claim as new, and afterwards, sorry small mistake, it was a pre registration, and "we" must carry the can.............

Quote Originally Posted by RiaanB1025 View Post
    I agree, love my vehicle, just the people who need to attend to the issues, and the sad thing is they are all nice, likeable people, but nothing gets done or finalised. I have to agree, if they do not change there "business concept, plan" and become more customer focused, orientated, they will never grow the brand in this country. Saying that, word of mouth will also not do them any favours currently, as form my side I have high praise for the vehicle, but "crooking" of the models, sell 2nd hand, claim as new, and afterwards, sorry small mistake, it was a pre registration, and "we" must carry the can.............
    I tataly agree and future buyers must read this and make sure before signing any contracts
    Last edited by vheerddp; 2015/07/22 at 04:48 PM. Reason: new info
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Default Light at the end of the tunnel

I am very happy to report that Foton came to the party and the MD of the company replaced the smile on my face.
    This is the letter from his

Hi Dirk

I am very sorry for the experience you have had with your Fotonpurchase.

I have looked into your issues and spoken to both the importer anddealers involved.

Your vehicle should be back with you by next Friday (31 July 2015)with all issues rectified.

As a good will gesture and to hopefully leave a sweeter taste inyour mouth I would be happy to give you a set of mags and tyres as we havedisplayed on the white Foton in Boksburg. We are checking availability, withthe intention of fitting them to your vehicle before its return to you nextweek. Should the stock be unavailable I am happy to give you the set on thewhite one, or we can order you a set and have them fitted when stock isavailable.

You will only need to make this decision should they not currentlyhave stock available now.

Once again my apologies for the poor experience you had and I wishyou lots of happy KMís in your new Bakkie.

Regards

Marc

So everybody I will post pictures of my bakkie when I get it back ,sure it will look very nice and I will be a proud owner.
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

Very good news indeed Dirk.
    Mine is still going on, and the last I have heard from them was the 9th July, and also only after I have followed up.
    I you don't drive anything with them, they will just ignore everything, and hope it will disappear eventually.
    I am really glad that your stuff is getting to an end..

Very interesting, after I post and said that the last I have heard form Foton on the 9th of July, I received a call from Natalie in the afternoon of the 23rd, lol, I think they must be "watching" the forum....

We will get there, somewhere, just don't know when and how............lol

I also had to deal with Natelie ,
    Dirk van Heerden
    [email protected]

LOL,

I am dealing with Natalie, Janinne, Natalie's boss, Johan, who is the big boss, Jaco the DP of the dealership, De Wet the Workshop Manger, Rentia the Warrantee clerk, and still I cannot my issues sorted

What a way to promote service delivery!

Hi Dirk, waarom gee jy nie die voertuig terug nie en kanselleer die transaksie - jy het die reg om dit te doen onder die 'Consumer Protection Act'. Om n voertuig wat in n ongeluk betrokke was te verkoop en jou as koper nie in te lig nie, is nie n eerbare manier om besigheid te doen nie. Ek glo dat jy nie n voertuig hoef te neem indien dit in n ongeluk betrokke was nie - tensy jy vooraf daarvan geweet het, en die prys dienooreenkomsig verminder is nie. Onthou - die dag wanneer jy besluit om dit te verkoop of in te ruil, gaan dit geweldig sterk teen jou tel en jy gaan baie duisende Rande minder kry - ek is seker die stel wiele wat hulle jou as troosprys aanbied, gaan vergoed daarvoor nie. Jy gaan die verlies moet aanvaar wanneer jy later die voertuig verkoop. Sterkte !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast