Chev trailblazer frustration

Default Chev trailblazer frustration

Wrong car or useless Reeds Delta agents? Im sharing my absolute frustration with GMSA and Reeds Delta N1 City, Cape Town. Waiting now for close to 3 months for a part( Gear lever rattling, even when idling!)Is this normal for Trailblazers? No parts available? Never had such issues with my Fortuner!

Not a normal . Auto or mamual.

Sorry for the spelling mistake. I meant it's not normal. Is it manual or automatic. There are some recall's but this problem is a new one. Might be something small.

Default Chev Trailblazer Frustration

Hi Werner, manual. 62000km on the clock. The gear knob feels loose, but apparently the whole gear lever housing needs replacing. Just no parts available!

I serviced my 2003 and 2008 Isuzu at Reeds N1 for many years and was happy with their service. Only reason I am not taking the Trailblazer there for services anymore is that I bought it at another dealer and prefer to keep the relationship with the dealer who I bought the vehicle from (Perdeberg Motors Malmesbury). Their services is excellent as well.

From above history you will see I have stayed with the GM stable for some time now-mostly because the dealer experience is generally good.

Your issue seems to be a new one-never heard of it before. My experience is that, since it is a relative new(ish) vehicle is SA, they seem to send all 'unknownn/ new' issues to head office for problem solving. This seems to take some time.

I had a few niggles initially, but the problems are sorted and I am happy with the Trailblazer.

So, maybe you are just experiencing a bit of bad luck in this point in time. Hope all works out well!

Hi Piet myTB het nou 63 000km op, geen probleem met rathefboom. Die km's is nie net teerpad nie maar baie grondpad ook. Hy ry so lekker grongpad ons is altyd op soek na nuwe uitdagings.

Default Chev Trailblazer Frustration

Dankie mnre dit lyk of ek n ander dienssentrum moet soek. Polo word reeds in Malmesbury gediens, sal die GM ouens daar probeer.Is verder baie gelukkig met die voertuig. Kan net nie dink om nou 4000km met daai rathefboom te ry!

Had exactly the same issue on my 2.5.

It was rattling for 2 or 3 months. Took it in multiple times but they could never reproduce the issue in their workshop according to them. Came to a point where it was sounding like a tractor with the noise it was making.

Eventually they decided 2 or 3 weeks ago that the entire gear lever assembly needs changing. Same story of no stock. They expecting it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaafr View Post
    Had exactly the same issue on my 2.5.

It was rattling for 2 or 3 months. Took it in multiple times but they could never reproduce the issue in their workshop according to them. Came to a point where it was sounding like a tractor with the noise it was making.

Eventually they decided 2 or 3 weeks ago that the entire gear lever assembly needs changing. Same story of no stock. They expecting it next week.
    Search for a post of mine, regarding a gearbox counter balance.

Bossies toe!!!

Work : Toyota LC HZJ76
    Home : Trailblazer 2.8 4X4 LTZ
    SWAMBO: Toyota Avanza - Gone
    Conqueror Commander

Google know too much.