E-Tolls thread - Page 95

Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45 70 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1996

Thread: E-Tolls thread

Default Re: E-Tolls thread

Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    And as usual

SANRAL increases all their toll prices (announcement a month earlier this time)

Looks like 5% average increase

Oh no what is this going to do to the E-toll payments
    Lets see I was paying R0 and now with the 5% increase I will be paying R0

Hmm what shall I do

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/motor...-for-2019.html
    I guess if more people were paying SCAMRAL the prices would have been much higher by now...

Oh no SANRAL and ETC says the newly released e-toll price increase is needed because fuel prices have gone up
    So basically you the driver of the vehicle is paying more on fuel
    So SANRAL needs their cut of that too

Glad I'm part of the non paying group since I do not have to pay more to SANRAL because the fuel I am putting in my vehicle is costing me more

https://rekordcenturion.co.za/165550...al-etcs-hands/
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Veneficus For This Useful Post:

My neighbour received a summons from SANRAL via Sherrif on Friday. Hand delivered to door.
    Seems they are hell bent on getting their money.
    .................................................. ......
    Gary W

Discovery 2 (Td5) Best 4x4xfar
    BMW GS 1200 Adventure. For when the road ends...
    Jurgens XT120..home away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsotsi View Post
    My neighbour received a summons from SANRAL via Sherrif on Friday. Hand delivered to door.
    Seems they are hell bent on getting their money.
    Do you know it he was registered for e-toll at some point ?

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    Do you know it he was registered for e-toll at some point ?
    Nope never registered. The document consisted of about 60x pages including invoices and bill's. Had her previous vehicle and current vehicle on.
    Total claim R63000 odd.
    Gary W

Quote Originally Posted by Tsotsi View Post
    Nope never registered. The document consisted of about 60x pages including invoices and bill's. Had her previous vehicle and current vehicle on.
    Total claim R63000 odd.
    If they have not then they should join OUTA and send their documents to them to respond
    They will handle the court case

Whatever you do, do not ignore this and leave it
    That is what SANRAL wants so they can get default judgment imposed
    Last edited by Veneficus; 2019/03/04 at 02:07 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veneficus For This Useful Post:

And as usual SANRAL is doing all they can to get default judgment against people who did not respond for whatever reason

The South African National Roads Agency (Sanral) is obtaining default judgments against e-toll defaulters, according to Outa.

Default judgments arise when a debtor does not respond to or defend a summons.

By obtaining default judgments for the non-payment of e-tolls, motorists’ credit ratings may be affected, which makes it more difficult to obtain credit facilities, said Outa.

“In our opinion, Sanral is waging a dangerous war against the citizens of South Africa,” says Rudie Heyneke, Outa’s Transport Portfolio Manager.

“We have seen instances where these default judgments were obtained for debt that had already prescribed.
    I’ve received an e-toll summons, NOW WHAT? Contact Outa here.

Furthermore, what happens if default judgments were obtained against motorists for vehicles that were not theirs, as others had cloned their registration plates?

Outa would like to remind motorists that summonses must not be ignored. If these are issued for unpaid e-tolls, they must act quickly.

“They can contact Outa’s offices for guidance on how to address the matter. By not responding to a summons, motorists open themselves up to default judgments and further legal actions that arise from this.”
    SANRAL the hardest working government owned company when it comes to ignoring what the people of SA want

"We know better than you what is best for you so just accept our leadership"

Hmmm wait I figured it out SANRAL believes that SA being a Democracy is a mistake
    People should have not right to say no to government

So they are putting effort in to do their job as part of an Dictatorship

https://techfinancials.co.za/2019/03...ll-defaulters/

Ok, so I have tried to be a good boy, and have paid my e-tolls every month, in cash, as I refuse to link my bank accounts/credit cards to their systems. Sometimes I don't get around to it, and skip a month, and then I have to pay more the next month as I lose some discounts.

In general it has been working ok, and as I don't travel on the e-toll roads a lot (I try to avoid them), so I usually pay between R100 and R200 per month.

Suddenly, from last month, the wheels have fallen off completely, and I have been getting "massive" bills. I have investigated, and it doesn't appear to be as simple as other vehicles with my registration plates, it just seems as if their accounting system has collapsed completely. I looked at the last statement this morning, and it was just unintelligible, with random transfers, and debits and credits everywhere. Also seems as if they have reversed all of my historical payments.

My best explanation is that someone took their toddler to work and let them loose on one of the computers that they use for the accounting system.

Oh, and the lady at the SANRAL office says that I am not the first one to complain about this.

BTW, I have an accounting background, but cannot make head or tail out of this mess, I really cannot see how anyone at SANRAL can fix this.

I have had previous problems, for example when they started deducting money for a MAC truck with a completely different number plate from my account, supposedly as a Toyota Corolla that I had at the time.

I must say, with this accounting disaster, I cannot in good faith recommend that anyone pays anything to SANRAL, they really don't seem to have any idea of what they are doing. Irrespective of the other issues, ie is it the right thing to do or not.
    Discovery 1 1996 V8i (Sold, owned for 20 years); Freelander 2 2013 SD4 SE; Discovery 4 2014 SDV6 SE; Bushlapa Boskriek

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    Ok, so I have tried to be a good boy, and have paid my e-tolls every month, in cash, as I refuse to link my bank accounts/credit cards to their systems. Sometimes I don't get around to it, and skip a month, and then I have to pay more the next month as I lose some discounts.

In general it has been working ok, and as I don't travel on the e-toll roads a lot (I try to avoid them), so I usually pay between R100 and R200 per month.

Suddenly, from last month, the wheels have fallen off completely, and I have been getting "massive" bills. I have investigated, and it doesn't appear to be as simple as other vehicles with my registration plates, it just seems as if their accounting system has collapsed completely. I looked at the last statement this morning, and it was just unintelligible, with random transfers, and debits and credits everywhere. Also seems as if they have reversed all of my historical payments.

My best explanation is that someone took their toddler to work and let them loose on one of the computers that they use for the accounting system.

Oh, and the lady at the SANRAL office says that I am not the first one to complain about this.

BTW, I have an accounting background, but cannot make head or tail out of this mess, I really cannot see how anyone at SANRAL can fix this.

I have had previous problems, for example when they started deducting money for a MAC truck with a completely different number plate from my account, supposedly as a Toyota Corolla that I had at the time.

I must say, with this accounting disaster, I cannot in good faith recommend that anyone pays anything to SANRAL, they really don't seem to have any idea of what they are doing. Irrespective of the other issues, ie is it the right thing to do or not.
    Sorry to hear that you got messed around as one of the paying users.

That is one of the reasons why we the evil non payers is so against the system

Also note SANRAL's way of doing things is that you are responsible for those payments
    Until you can prove that it does not apply to you. They make their mistakes your problem

Good luck

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Veneficus For This Useful Post:

1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

The utter scum of the roads SANRAL and their counterpart Electronic Theft Collection - ETC is working hard to try and destroy the credit records of the people in Gauteng

Why SANRAL are you that scared in your panty to face OUTA in court first?

https://ewn.co.za/2019/03/18/e-tolls...acklisting/amp

The Credit Bureau Association (CBA) has responded to claims from the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) company that road users will be blacklisted if they do not pay their e-tolls.

The toll collection company, which is tasked with collecting owed fees from Gauteng’s e-toll project, said this week that motorists who failed to pay their e-tolls, and ignored court summonses, would be left with a default order against their name, which would lead to them being blacklisted by credit bureaus.

This follows weekend reports of a Gauteng motorist who was surprised to find he had been blacklisted for owing R60,000 in e-toll fees.

However, according to the CBA this was likely an error.

“The Transport Laws and Related Matters Amendment Act, 2013, which amended the South African National Roads Agency Limited and National Roads Act, 1998, specifically excludes the levying and collecting of e-tolls from the provisions of the National Credit Act, 2005,” it said.

“Credit bureaus receive, hold, display and remove consumer information in accordance with the provisions of the NCA and accordingly are not able to hold information which is specifically excluded from the provisions of the NCA.”

“On behalf of our represented credit bureaus, would like to advise consumers, that information relating to e-tolls / Sanral will not be held on the credit bureaus.”

The group said that any information relating to e-tolls / Sanral which has been inadvertently loaded onto a consumer profile will be removed.

“If any consumer is aware that information relating to e-tolls / SANRAL has been loaded to his / her consumer profile, please contact one of the credit bureaus listed below to lodge a dispute and this information will be removed,” it said.
    More at:
    https://businesstech.co.za/news/busi...redit-bureaus/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to supersunbird For This Useful Post:

SANRAL can still get the sheriff to attach goods based on the default judgment, and those will be sold as auction if the judgment is not paid for/rescinded, right?

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    SANRAL can still get the sheriff to attach goods based on the default judgment, and those will be sold as auction if the judgment is not paid for/rescinded, right?
    On default judgments they can legally do so depending on what amount was prescribed.

However so far that has not happened
    SANRAL has yet to go and use the default judgment to go and take things

Personally I think SANRAL is doing their utter best to try and scare people into paying

Main thing do not ignore any summons if you receive it.
    Either get your own attorney to assist

Or join OUTA and get them to assist

After all with all the delays SANRAL is putting in to not take the OUTA case to court it is clear that it is very afraid what will be decided in court in relation to that case

And the Credit Bureau Association show SANRAL the finger:

https://businesstech.co.za/news/busi...rce=newsletter

Which confirms that what SANRAL is trying to do is illegal.

“If any consumer is aware that information relating to e-tolls / SANRAL has been loaded to his / her consumer profile, please contact one of the credit bureaus listed below to lodge a dispute and this information will be removed,” it said.

DON'T REGISTER, DON'T PAY.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    And the Credit Bureau Association show SANRAL the finger:

https://businesstech.co.za/news/busi...rce=newsletter

Which confirms that what SANRAL is trying to do is illegal.

DON'T REGISTER, DON'T PAY.
    Jelo, last with the olds

What is SANRAL (and the ANC) up to...

BREAKING: Sanral suspends process of pursuing e-toll debt

The South African National Roads Agency has announced that it is suspending the process of pursuing e-toll debt.

This after Sanral's board passed an urgent resolution on the matter on Tuesday.

"It resolved that given the initiative led by President Cyril Ramaphosa to address the e-tolls payment impasse, Sanral will, with immediate effect, suspend the process of pursuing e-toll debt. This includes historic debt and summonses applied for from 2015. No new summonses will be applied for," Sanral spokesperson Vusi Mona said in a statement issued on Wednesday.

Sanral says the decision will be constantly monitored by the board and reviewed according to prevailing circumstances.

Netwerk24 had reported earlier this month that only 26 motorists had received default judgments so far for not paying their e-toll bills.

Mona told the News24 sister site that motorists owe Sanral more than R10.9 billion in unpaid e-toll money.

8 May 2019.
    Gary W

Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45 70 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast