E-Tolls thread

Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tolls thread

Default E-Tolls thread

Dirk, please may we try again?

Fluffy may we please rant in peace

SANRAL MAKES RAMAPHOSA LOOK STUPID OVER NEW E-TOLL DISPENSATION

Contrary to recent statements by Mr Vusi Mona, the Head of Communications at SANRAL, that e-toll critics are being selective in their interpretation of the new e-toll dispensation, OUTA maintains there are in fact fundamental differences between the tariffs gazetted on Wednesday 17th June 2015, and the announcement by the Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa on 20th May.

OUTA laments the projection of the internal conflict within Government over e-tolls onto civil society, because it takes us further apart instead of finding a practical solution to the impasse.

In the Deputy President’s speech of 20th May 2015, Cyril Ramaphosa stated “There will be a monthly cap on the penalty for accounts in arrears. All users who do not pay tolls within the required 30 days will be obliged to pay double the toll tariff. To protect users from incurring high amounts of debt, this will be capped. In the case of light motor vehicles, for example, the monthly cap for accounts in arrears will be R450.”

However, in the new e-toll tariffs as per Gazette 38884, published on 17 June 2015, the tariffs applicable for non-registered users who do not pay within 30 days, is actually three times the 30c rate applicable, as reflected in Column 6 of Table 1.

Furthermore, this rate is not capped at R450 as indicated by the Deputy President. In Table 5 of the Gazette, the Department of Transport has only listed the cap of registered users and have failed to indicate the cap of the Alternate (non registered) users at R450.

These are the facts and there is no selective reading herein. Mr Mona says the new dispensation is being phased in over 18 months. What is really needed in the next 18 months is for Sanral and the Executive to recognize the well known rule of common sense; ‘When you’re in a hole, stop digging’. For guidance and a ‘ladder’ to assist them out of their hole, Sanral and the Department of Transport need to premise the solution on Section 195 of the constitution.

That means;

An honest response to the needs of people rather than the imposition of ‘solutions in search of a problem’ driven by technological fetishism.
    Encouragement of the public to participate in government decision making BEFORE they are taken.
    Being accountable and transparent when awkward questions are asked and providing the public with timely, accessible and accurate information, and not throwing up smoke screens and resorting to pure propaganda and misleading statements.
    The discrepancy between the gazetted tariffs and the statements made by the Deputy President, plainly reflects fundamental differences which cannot be brushed aside, as Mr Mona is trying to do and treating the public for fools. This is a clear and material breach of the basic constitutional values and principles governing public administration.

- See more at: http://www.outa.co.za/site/sanral-ma....qhbh7Prw.dpuf

Why would I take on a pressure group?

That would be suicide, with no way to engage in rational logic. Somewhat akin to wrestling in mud with.....

Sorry, won't post again until...
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2015/06/22 at 06:13 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Yes,
    What i would like to know is there anybody that had to renew their license disc in the recent 21 days?
    What happened?
    Francois Hamman
    2010 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Auto
    1992 Mitsubishi Pajero JDM SWB 3SGTE ST205 32x11.5x15 Maxxis Bighorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tapie View Post
    Yes,
    What i would like to know is there anybody that had to renew their license disc in the recent 21 days?
    What happened?
    It got renewed without problems
    IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

Apparently I need to make the airplane noises like mommy does when I try to spoon feed you the info..

Lucky?
    Maybe it will be implemented shortly?
    I was wondering....
    If you receive the white renewal form in the post and go to the post office for new disc, will the post office also force a person to pay the e-toll bills 1st??
    Francois Hamman
    2010 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Auto
    1992 Mitsubishi Pajero JDM SWB 3SGTE ST205 32x11.5x15 Maxxis Bighorn

Lucky?
    Maybe it will be implemented shortly?
    I was wondering....
    If you receive the white renewal form in the post and go to the post office for new disc, will the post office also force a person to pay the e-toll bills 1st??
    No, govt has to change some laws first in order to pass their new fleecing scheme, and that can take around 18 months according to reports...

In the meantime they have to integrate the extortion scheme with enatis, and knowing SITA, that could also take a while... Hopefully by then I'm out of the forsaken place with my family
    IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

Apparently I need to make the airplane noises like mommy does when I try to spoon feed you the info..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pblaauw For This Useful Post:

They can't even link speeding fines to Enatis how will they ever make sense of the e-toll billing stuff up. I renewed both my Ranger and camping trailer's licence in the begining of the month with no issue.
    If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all. David Livingston

We wont pay the money!

Currently enjoying my new platkar: Alfa MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - she's a beauty!
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

Still not paying....
    Fortuner 4.0v6 Auto - Awaiting new adventures (Summit4x4 Replacement B/Bar, Stofpad Bashplate, Gerbers LR tank(50l),Frontrunner towbar, Stonehill seat covers. Grabber AT's)
    Golf vii GTi DSG - (SWAMBO's new fly machine)
    BMW R1200 GSA LC
    Honda NC700x White - RIP
    Honda NC700x Silver - Saving the budget

Yes,
    What happened?
    Jip. Did Mine Saturday.. Mo issues.
    SANRALS Systems still needs to be updated before they can "Do This"

But - in anycase... If it comes to that, Ill be driving without a disc.
    You can Still Pay for your Disc, they will just not Issue it to you.

I will not Pay for Etolls... Unless it becomes 1c / Gantry, and EVERYONE pays!! then Maybe. Till then - I will add on to the R31 444.62 i already owe them!
    FordRanger T6 / 3.2 XLT 4x4 Auto.
    The 3Ton Gravel Road Monster over weekends.
    The Pavement Special in the week.
    Since March 2013
    ConquerorComfort.
    Camping instyle since January 2012.

HAM CallSign: ZS6LSC
    ORRA CallSign:AG34

<a href="http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/ranger/2013/zs6lsc/172702" target="_blank"><a href="https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/172702.png" target="_blank"><a href="https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/172702.png" target="_blank">

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZS6LSC GP For This Useful Post:

Isn't Sanral a non-profit organization? If not, it should be made one...
    2008 Suzuki Jimny - Mine / 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2l V6 Auto - Hers

Some big poep said yesterday on radio interview that they haven't started to update the legislation to withhold lic disks for non payment on etolls. This was obviously an empty scare tactic.

I still wonder how they intend for the etol financial configuration to function now. Outa and others have said previously that 50% would go towards collection cost. Now they've given 50% off on the rates. So now 100% will go towards the collection cost?

Currently enjoying my new platkar: Alfa MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - she's a beauty!
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepiscool View Post
    Some big poep said yesterday on radio interview that they haven't started to update the legislation to withhold lic disks for non payment on etolls. This was obviously an empty scare tactic.

I still wonder how they intend for the etol financial configuration to function now. Outa and others have said previously that 50% would go towards collection cost. Now they've given 50% off on the rates. So now 100% will go towards the collection cost?
    1) Parliament can't do squat because every time they sit for a vote on legislation, the EFF close the session
    2) The 50% collection cost includes the money that will come back to the Luthuli House Etolls Sludge Fund.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepiscool View Post

Time frames (for the loan repayment) and interest rates will solve that - the recovery of the capital will just take longer and the tax payer will foot the bill.

"Two things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity. ..... and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein

If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789
    - '

Quote Originally Posted by 4eJunior View Post
    and the tax payer will foot the bill.
    And this differs in what way with what happens anyway?
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    And this differs in what way with what happens anyway?
    A much larger bill!

"Two things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity. ..... and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein

If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
    - '

A much larger bill!
    Support your statement with a spreadsheet that shows the comparison between the previous toll rates plus other taxes compared to the current toll rates plus other taxes.

If you can't, you're just guessing.

We don't owe money to Kapsch for a loan, we owe them for operating costs.

Loans are provided by the IMF and similar, so this has no impact if the government simply taxes us in other ways.
    Percivamus

Support your statement with a spreadsheet that shows the comparison between the previous toll rates plus other taxes compared to the current toll rates plus other taxes.

If you can't, you're just guessing.

We don't owe money to Kapsch for a loan, we owe them for operating costs.

Loans are provided by the IMF and similar, so this has no impact if the government simply taxes us in other ways.
    'Other taxes' are irrelevant, in this case.

If you don't understand that re-payment of the same capital amount with a smaller installment will extend the loan period, no spread sheet will convince you.

Albert Einstein

- '

'Other taxes' are irrelevant, in this case.

If you don't understand that re-payment of the same capital amount with a smaller installment will extend the loan period, no spread sheet will convince you.
    I understand the concept. You misunderstand the loan conditions.

The ZA government can settle the loan. They have the budget.

It is stupid for us to repay SANRAL at higher cost over a longer period when in actual fact SANRAL is the government.
    Same as ESKOM: instead of a bloody 25% tariff increase, the government can extend a loan to ESKOM at a much lower impact to the economy.

I fail to understand how you don't realise this is all smoke and mirrors.
    Percivamus

I understand the concept. You misunderstand the loan conditions.

It is stupid for us to repay SANRAL at higher cost over a longer period when in actual fact SANRAL is the government.
    Same as ESKOM: instead of a bloody 25% tariff increase, the government can extend a loan to ESKOM at a much lower impact to the economy.

I fail to understand how you don't realise this is all smoke and mirrors.

From the SANRAL web site:

When implementing a toll road, SANRAL raises funds by the issuing of bonds on the open markets to fund the initial capital costs, the interest of the initial capital costs, as well as operations, future upgrades and maintenance of the declared toll road.
    If the RSA fiscus repays the loan, where does that money come from?

There is no pot of gold, only tax income.

We are not re-paying the government, we are servicing a capital loan.

Albert Einstein

- '

Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 ... LastLast