E-Tolls thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 30 55 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tolls thread

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    I'll try keep posting the stuff as I find (still not paying)..
    At least you prove yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Do you know Nazir, have you sat done with him and discussed a contract, or a specification, or had a cup of coffee and sandwich with him. Presented a proposal to him, negotiated the finer details and won the contract. I HAVE.
    ...and the penny drops...
    IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

Apparently I need to make the airplane noises like mommy does when I try to spoon feed you the info..

Jozi motorists slate 'stupid' e-tolls, despite price cut

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...e-cut-20150521

Apparently I need to make the airplane noises like mommy does when I try to spoon feed you the info..

...and the penny drops...
    Always said so!

Jozi motorists slate 'stupid' e-tolls, despite price cut

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...e-cut-20150521
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Eurard View Post
    +1
    From the article

Leon Harmse was adamant that most of his family, including his son, mother, and father, did not pay.
    “I said fuck that. My wife pays. She’s Stupid.

Now look if I called my wife stupid and I get qouted with my mug shot there in a news paper I might have sleep in the spare bedroom for the rest of my life :-)
    Last edited by Jaws.; 2015/07/03 at 08:46 PM.

You are getting personal.

Do you know Nazir, have you sat done with him and discussed a contract, or a specification, or had a cup of coffee and sandwich with him. Presented a proposal to him, negotiated the finer details and won the contract. I HAVE.

Irrespective of the bigger issues, the thing that pissies me off most about this topic is the automatic assumption, condemnation and accusations that the individuals involved are idiots.

Guys, 90% of the people you are dissing are in fact the cream off the crop engineers and administrators available in the country.

These are the chaps you gonna meet at a trail, fancy restaurant, or dropping their kids off at school or varsity.

They are not blood thirsty, greedy incompetent idiots.

GRRRR

Over and out for a few weeks until the next stupid post raises my blood pressure
    Hmmmm.

Never thought they were idiots.

Evil, yes. Stupid, no.
    "To fart with confidence is a rare luxury in Africa." - Keith B. Richburg, Out of America

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    I've just been advised that on top of being sodomized brutally by Sanral, I will also be receiving a further rogering for a non-returned e-tag...

Sold the vehicle that had the e-tag and cancelled it online. (There is an option for cancelling it) Did not know I had to return the e-tag or face a R150 "fine" that will summarily be deducted from account.... I have also been held liable for a full month of tolls for the car after I had cancelled and after the car had no longer been in my possession or ownership...
    There is a FAQ on deregistering a tag on the website. Says on has 30 days to return it to a SANRAL customer care centre. I know cause I helped a family member to deregister that was moving away from Gauteng and is not technically minded and inclined, so I had to do the research on the how.

After is was deregistered on the website, they got an e-mail saying its for this car and blah blah and it listed "last return date" (or somesuch), that's was 30 days away) for the tag after which a penalty might apply.

You are getting personal.

Irrespective of the bigger issues, the thing that pissies me off most about this topic is the automatic assumption, condemnation and accusations that the individuals involved are idiots.

Guys, 90% of the people you are dissing are in fact the cream off the crop engineers and administrators available in the country.

These are the chaps you gonna meet at a trail, fancy restaurant, or dropping their kids off at school or varsity.

They are not blood thirsty, greedy incompetent idiots.

GRRRR

Over and out for a few weeks until the next stupid post raises my blood pressure
    They are stupid for not understanding the human mind and that they will need public buy in and for being misled by the Kapch people, the system is wildly inaccurate. The invoices a family member got e-mailed to her were 2 months old, and that's with her having an e-tag!

Then there is the fact that they can't tell us what the Western Cape Winelands toll route fees will cost until after it is built and the minister then publishes a government gazette.

What the hell is up with that? How can we then allow them to UPGRADE the roads if we don't even know what it will cost us? That's exactly the issue with the Gauteng e-tolls. They said it would be cheap, they think 30c per KM is cheap (and that with an e-tag), while we were thinking 5c a km is cheap. If we knew it would have been 30c per km we would have said, no thanks, don't upgrade the roads, rather build some new ones where they're needed and toll those.

Will you let a guy wash your car without asking him how much or will you be OK when you come back and he asks for R1500 for the car wash?

So yes, Nazir Ali is an idiot in some way if he, as the CEO, can't understand that issue we have with their process.

My Pajero is able to transform into a Defender 110, is it magic? I just don't know. The system is flawed and until they can come to me and prove that I really owe them R7000 I won't pay. I will not go and try convince them that my car is not a transformer.
    Last edited by KurtG; 2015/07/04 at 07:00 AM.
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

I drive a white fortuner, my wife a blue Jazz. So far we have received invoices for a white double cab bakkie (looks like a Steed 5?), a 3 series BMW and now yesterday a white Toyota Rav 4. How cool is that? When do you think I can go get my new cars?
    2012 Fortuner D4D 4x4
    Metalian Maxi

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    My Pajero is able to transform into a Defender 110, is it magic? I just don't know. The system is flawed and until they can come to me and prove that I really owe them R7000 I won't pay. I will not go and try convince them that my car is not a transformer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shippy View Post
    I drive a white fortuner, my wife a blue Jazz. So far we have received invoices for a white double cab bakkie (looks like a Steed 5?), a 3 series BMW and now yesterday a white Toyota Rav 4. How cool is that? When do you think I can go get my new cars?
    Teething problems?

After nearly two years...and it still doesn't work right. Will it ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post

Teething problems?

After nearly two years...and it still doesn't work right. Will it ever?
    Seems the cream of the crop who developed the systems are in fact the cream alright ... A very old sour cream.

Ramaphosa’s not the deliverance ANC, SA anticipate

http://www.bdlive.co.za/opinion/colu...-sa-anticipate

Ramaphosa’s not the deliverance ANC, SA anticipate

http://www.bdlive.co.za/opinion/colu...-sa-anticipate
    Pieter do you know him, had a JW Blue with him while discussing what spread he wants on his french bread

I have ... also not.

In all respect, its impossible to know someone from one meeting or even a couple. People will always present the image to you they want, to achieve the outcome they want, with small changes in behavior to guide the process.

Yes, that's everyone you've ever met, ever.

They don't always get it right, doesn't mean they didn't try for it. These are the fails, and you probably didn't like them.

The one's that did get it right are probably your friends, girlfriends, whoever.

Smarter people tend to get it right more often.

My opinion of it all.

Consumer rights watchdog clears up confusion over licence disc renewals

http://www.bdlive.co.za/national/201...-disc-renewals

ANC tells its partners it won’t budge on e-tolls

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...tolls-20150704

SANRAL WARNS AGAINST FAKE E-TOLL INFORMATION

http://ewn.co.za/2015/07/05/Sanral-w...der-their-name

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 30 55 ... LastLast