Thread: Foton Tunland

Default Foton Tunland

Another Tunland driver, I have a Tunland 4x4 Comfort, going for 15,000km's, and so far very happy, and no real problems or issues. Well no more that any other 4x4 I had in the past!

I will load some pictures in the near future!

Please do. Not many of us.
    FOTON TUNLAND 4X4 LUX
    UPGRADES:"LEVEL IT" SPACER KIT,2" LIFT WITH RANCHO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS,ROCKSPIDER 4X4: BASHPLATE,ROCKSLIDERS,REARBUMPER/TOWBAR COMBINATION. UTILITY BOXES FOR AIR COMPRESSOR AND RECOVERY GEAR. DIY CANOPY. NEW CUSTOM BUMPER.

Default Fotn Tunland

Hi Guys,
    Well Swambo has bought one BUT herewith,
    Lots of issues with the clutch.

The response we gotas follows as from Tunland direct.
    I quote----If you think the clutch is faulty we will remove it and found not to be faulty you will be liable for all costs.
    Accept for the fact that there is no free play at all and when hot does not want to engage properly at all. Sometimes some force is needed to engage.

And then the HeadlightsFrom day one it seems that there is like a thin film of some plastic over the light which is peeling off and now 20 000 km later the lights look like it is 100 000 km old
    Tunland response up to now---ZERO
    Then lights again---I have changes head lights globes like it is going out of fashion. Spent over R1000 on globes already. Response---Thre can be many things causing it. At last service Swambo was told that it was a loose earth connection. On closer inspection I found not one of the earth connections has been touched as I personally checked every one of them of which a few in the engine bay. All of them were rusted at body side and on earth plate itself. So I cleaned all of them with fine sandpaper. Will monitor situation.
    Again BUTNow it seems the fault has been carried over to the indicators. Same story. It is a big shlep changing the globes as the air cleaner housing has to be removed as well as battery to change the globes.
    Not happy must say. Big MIstake
    Poor service.

Default Foton Tunland

Quote Originally Posted by RiaanB1025 View Post
    Another Tunland driver, I have a Tunland 4x4 Comfort, going for 15,000km's, and so far very happy, and no real problems or issues. Well no more that any other 4x4 I had in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by four_x_four View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Poor service.
    That is shocking.
    You really should not have any Quality-Related issues until after 100 000km...

Hi

I only Use foton menlyn. Best foton service . My clutch also slipped and after 7 return they replaced clutch and (collar). Sorted Now. But i bought a demo with that problem.
    I am in contact with some Aus/Nz with Tunlands and a lot had problems with clutch. But all sorted and now no problems . If vehicle is under warranty they must sort it. Believe me Foton SA head office know me by now. Just be firm and demand.
    FOTON TUNLAND 4X4 LUX
    UPGRADES:"LEVEL IT" SPACER KIT,2" LIFT WITH RANCHO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS,ROCKSPIDER 4X4: BASHPLATE,ROCKSLIDERS,REARBUMPER/TOWBAR COMBINATION. UTILITY BOXES FOR AIR COMPRESSOR AND RECOVERY GEAR. DIY CANOPY. NEW CUSTOM BUMPER.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaanB1025 View Post

Hi, RiaanB1025.
    Welcome to this minority club. There is a thread for Tunland’s images:
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...hlight=Tunland
    Hope to see them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by UITZICHT View Post
    Hi

I only Use foton menlyn. Best foton service . My clutch also slipped and after 7 return they replaced clutch and (collar). Sorted Now. But i bought a demo with that problem.
    I am in contact with some Aus/Nz with Tunlands and a lot had problems with clutch. But all sorted and now no problems . If vehicle is under warranty they must sort it. Believe me Foton SA head office know me by now. Just be firm and demand.
    Hi, UITZICHT.

No clutch issues for me.
    Last edited by Rod1; 2015/05/19 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by four_x_four View Post
    Hi Guys,

The response we gotas follows as from Tunland direct.
    I quote----If you think the clutch is faulty we will remove it and found not to be faulty you will be liable for all costs.
    Accept for the fact that there is no free play at all and when hot does not want to engage properly at all. Sometimes some force is needed to engage.

And then the HeadlightsFrom day one it seems that there is like a thin film of some plastic over the light which is peeling off and now 20 000 km later the lights look like it is 100 000 km old
    Tunland response up to now---ZERO
    Then lights again---I have changes head lights globes like it is going out of fashion. Spent over R1000 on globes already. Response---Thre can be many things causing it. At last service Swambo was told that it was a loose earth connection. On closer inspection I found not one of the earth connections has been touched as I personally checked every one of them of which a few in the engine bay. All of them were rusted at body side and on earth plate itself. So I cleaned all of them with fine sandpaper. Will monitor situation.
    Again BUTNow it seems the fault has been carried over to the indicators. Same story. It is a big shlep changing the globes as the air cleaner housing has to be removed as well as battery to change the globes.
    Poor service.

Hi, four x four.
    You astonished me and you confirm that a brand depends on dealers treatment to customers. I thought that kind of attitude would not exist in South Africa, that I place somewhere between “developed”, “First World” countries, and “Third World” countries. Well, I have been lucky because Colombian dealer behaviour is different. A headlight didn’t light up correctly and they changed the whole unit, two times fog-lights burned and they changed them, always for free (warranty). Now a third time it happened and I’m planning to go there to change it. By the way, do you all think there is an electric problem (short-circuit or something) or maybe only low quality lamps? Thank you for your opinions.
    Last edited by Rod1; 2015/05/19 at 12:11 AM.

four_X_four,

With regards to your head lights globes keep on blowing, what globes are you using? standard lights with standard globes?

Currently I am having my head light replaced, not of the globes, but the film that is coming off.

I am having close to 17,000 kms on the clock now, and haven't replace a globe as yet..."touch wood"