in serious need of advice

Default in serious need of advice

Hey guys.

I was wondering if any one could point me in the right direction.

I have a Nissan hardbody 2004 3lt Diesel.

I bought a diesel pump from steve's auto clinic, they said the pump was reconditioned so after the 3rd pump I received from them the pump is testing correct.

But now my bakkie was at 1 place in rustenburg the whole of november 2014 then we towed it to nissan rustenburg (lionel motors).

But since then they can't get it to start they told me the 3rd pump is correct, then my valve's are bent they have to remove the head and send it to a cylinder head place. Head went there and came back nothing wrong with the head, they refitted the head and still the bakkie is not starting. It's been 5 months they are struggling with this bakkie. Is there someone that works with this kind of problems?

And they are charging me for all the work but the vehicle is still the same as I took it to them. But when I took it there the pump's spill valve was faulty.

Thanks

How sure are you that is is not the electronics?
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II for personal camping
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Try these guys. Using a Nissan workshop is a pointless and expensive exercise.

Diesel-Electric Rustenburg
    Contact information

141 Bethlehem Street
    0299 Rustenburg
    North West

+27 (0)14 592 8331

+27 (0)14 597 1002
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

start with the basic old skool methods, is the timing on the motor set to TDC, is there fuel, spark, compression when trying to start and take it from there

Quote Originally Posted by UDC View Post
    start with the basic old skool methods, is the timing on the motor set to TDC, is there fuel, spark, compression when trying to start and take it from there
    It's a turbo diesel with an ECU bud, 90% of qualified petrol mechanics wouldn't have a clue where to start.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Default hey

Yeah sorry has been a while.

The motor is a zd30 and it's starting now but needs quick start to start. Then the motor will idle and rev up. But guts out after a while the diesel pressure falls away. Nissan Rustenburg is saying the fuel pump is not 100% but diesel electric told me in januarie that the pump is fine. Now this is the 3rd pump from Steves auto clinic in Vanderbijlpark. So yeah I am clue less to what to do.

The immobiliser is fine.
    While it was running they connected the computer they have to check diagnostics and there was no error code. While cracking it's giving a cam sensor error some times but not always.

Sounds like a blocked fuel filter to me. AFAIK there is a little "siffie" somewhere in that thing's fuel system in addition to the big filter. There may even be mor than one (for example on the fuel pickup in the tank), but be advised that I am not a diesel expert...
    1996 Patrol 4.2SGL with lots of stuff to make it heavier and thus increase traction?