Dealer closed

Thread: Dealer closed

Angry Dealer closed

Very upset because our local GM dealer is no longer GM accredited. Apparently GM requires the dealerships to meet certain criteria to stay accredited. It is good for us consumers, as long as your local dealer betters his workshop, showroom, etc. and don't decide to give up their accreditation.

Now I must either drive to Pretoria(150km) or Potgietersrus(130km) to have my Trailblazer serviced. Decided to rather go to Pta to the Zambezi GM than the one in Potgietersrus. Just more to do while waiting.

In the first place I don't know the dealership, I didn't buy a car from them and I don't think I will receive the same level of service as my old dealership where I knew the mechanic and isn't just a number. I ussaully sent my wife with the TB for the service and then Jaco (head mechanic) would phone me and we would discuss problems or niggles to look out for. Now I know no one at the dealer in Pta.

This is exactly why Toyota rule the platteland. They have a dealership in every single town. The GM in Nylstroom served Nylstroom, Naboomspruit and Warmbaths. All 3 towns have their own Toyota dealer.

I love my Trailblazer! Have not had a problem yet (standing on 80K km), but somewhere down the line something will need replacing or repair and I feel uneasy about the lack of a relationship with a dealer. Will wait for the new Fortuner and then make a decision...
    Toyota

Default Dealer closed

Sorry to hear.
    The best vehicle in the world is no good without a decent, convenient, dealer network.
    Fine vehicles like The Trailblazer & Pajero Sport suffer as a result of the poor back up...

Yip, this is unfortunate but true.
    2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    1979 Range Rover Classic 5.3L V8 Vortec (213kw/441Nm)
    1998 Defender 90 2.8i

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (SOLD)
    2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser(SOLD)
    2013 VW Amarok BiTDi 4Motion 132kw 8-Speed Auto (SOLD)
    2012 VW Amarok BiTDi 4Motion 120kw (RETURNED)

Rowan Alexander

http://www.fridayavieclub.co.za

Platjan Jaco is now the head mechanic at GM in Ellisras.
    Series III Landy. Exo Rollcage. RD28 and 35" tyres
    2012 Isuzu KB 300 Lx Extended Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    Sorry to hear.
    The best vehicle in the world is no good without a decent, convenient, dealer network.
    Fine vehicles like The Trailblazer & Pajero Sport suffer as a result of the poor back up...
    For us it was between the TB and the Fortuner when we decided to trade our d/c Isuzu for a SUV. Both brilliant cars and we have a dealer of both close by.(not anymore!)

If I can have the same choice again I would have chosen differently. Not because the Fortuner is better than the TB, but because of the dealer network.
    Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by fransjcloete View Post
    Platjan Jaco is now the head mechanic at GM in Ellisras.
    Jaco is a very good mechanic and is always willing to help. He will be an asset to any dealer.

Unfortunately we live 50km to the other side of Nylstroom, Ellisras is almost 200km away!
    Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by Platjan View Post
    Very upset because our local GM dealer is no longer GM accredited. Apparently GM requires the dealerships to meet certain criteria to stay accredited. It is good for us consumers, as long as your local dealer betters his workshop, showroom, etc. and don't decide to give up their accreditation.

Now I must either drive to Pretoria(150km) or Potgietersrus(130km) to have my Trailblazer serviced. Decided to rather go to Pta to the Zambezi GM than the one in Potgietersrus. Just more to do while waiting.

In the first place I don't know the dealership, I didn't buy a car from them and I don't think I will receive the same level of service as my old dealership where I knew the mechanic and isn't just a number. I ussaully sent my wife with the TB for the service and then Jaco (head mechanic) would phone me and we would discuss problems or niggles to look out for. Now I know no one at the dealer in Pta.

This is exactly why Toyota rule the platteland. They have a dealership in every single town. The GM in Nylstroom served Nylstroom, Naboomspruit and Warmbaths. All 3 towns have their own Toyota dealer.

I love my Trailblazer! Have not had a problem yet (standing on 80K km), but somewhere down the line something will need replacing or repair and I feel uneasy about the lack of a relationship with a dealer. Will wait for the new Fortuner and then make a decision...
    The requirement that our dealer did not meet was BEE related. Not going to go into that, as I will not give my opinion on this matter. The GM on Thabazimbi also closed about the same thing.
    Toyota

The requirement that our dealer did not meet was BEE related. Not going to go into that, as I will not give my opinion on this matter. The GM on Thabazimbi also closed about the same thing.

Not awarding a franchise upfront on the basis of BEE is almost a norm nowadays.

Not saying I agree / don't agree 21 years down the line.

But actually closing a going concern, a working dealership as it does not meet certain BEE thresholds is a clear travesty.

I must say I will be shocked if this is the case GM!!

Well I have some good and bad news. The good news is that Nylstroom is getting a GM dealer again, the bad news is that the Nissan dealer is closing. (The Nissan dealership is changing to a GM dealership)
    Toyota

Well I have some good and bad news. The good news is that Nylstroom is getting a GM dealer again, the bad news is that the Nissan dealer is closing. (The Nissan dealership is changing to a GM dealership)
    No loss. I'd rather buy a Toyota than a Nissan these days.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP: SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    No loss. I'd rather buy a Toyota than a Nissan these days.
    I thought :

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    I'd rather have my left testicle removed using no anesthetic and a blunt rusty spoon.

Ja that's how much I dislike Nissan SA these days. I'd sacrifice a nut instead of buying a new Nissan.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP: SOLD