Doom foggers? Mozzies is taking over the house.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Doom foggers? Mozzies is taking over the house.

Hi all
    We have a lot of mozzies since the beginning of the year, the most we ever had at our house. They are eating me up, even during broad daylight, if you spray a room with Doom in the morning, there's a layer of them lieing dead the evening, we never had this problem before.
    Someone said we should try a Doom fogger in the house, do you think this will work?
    A few questions about Doom Foggers. Obviously you must close all doors and windows, remove all pets and stay out of the house for a few hours.
    * How many of these can I use in the house? 1 will work for the open plan living room and kitchen area, but what about the bedrooms down the hall, I think a Doom fogger for each room will be overkill?
    * Then they also said you must leave your kitchen and all other cupboards throughout the house open, will it be safe to use things like glasses, plates and utensils afterwards or must everything be washed and what about clothing?
    * Must anything else be covered or removed from the house, what about TV's, computers, speakers, oh and before I'm in trouble what about the fish aquarium?

Thanks

The mozzies breed in water, so will be coming from outside. A fogger will only work for a day or 2 , so rather get a few of the mozzie plug in`s that have liquid re fills. There must be some water outside > check gutters, old tyres (jungle gyms) , etc.
    the foggers work for cockroaches , fishmoths ie bugs that are breeding in your house.
    DISCOVERY 4 SDV6 SE

Quote Originally Posted by jabula1 View Post
    The mozzies breed in water, so will be coming from outside. A fogger will only work for a day or 2 , so rather get a few of the mozzie plug in`s that have liquid re fills. There must be some water outside > check gutters, old tyres (jungle gyms) , etc.
    the foggers work for cockroaches , fishmoths ie bugs that are breeding in your house.

No water sorces outside, it doesn't even rain a lot here. Using the plug ins with liquid refils, but only keeps them at a distance, even while it's on they will still hang around in a room, they'll just keep their distance, once you turn it off they are all over again so not really solving the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    No water sorces outside, it doesn't even rain a lot here. Using the plug ins with liquid refils, but only keeps them at a distance, even while it's on they will still hang around in a room, they'll just keep their distance, once you turn it off they are all over again so not really solving the problem.
    Is it these black and white striped mosquitoes? They are vicious!!! And they start biting at 5 in the afternoon!!!!

And its almost as if your arm wants to fall off when they bite you on your finger!!!

They are called asian tiger mosquitoes. I do my part in trying to kill as many as possible.....
    Last edited by pierre2013; 2015/01/24 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre2013 View Post
    Is it these black and white striped mosquitoes? They are vicious!!! And they start biting at 5 in the afternoon!!!!

And its almost as if your arm wants to fall off when they bite you on your finger!!!

They are called asian tiger mosquitoes. I do my part in trying to kill as many as possible.....

No these are normal, but start biting at 4 - 5 in the afternoon some days even earlyer.

Hi Bigboy, just a quick one that has been suggested to me when out in the evening, use DAWN hand cream it keeps the blood suckers and others at bay. Its cheap and readily available at this time. Hope u get the relief you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    No these are normal, but start biting at 4 - 5 in the afternoon some days even earlyer.
    Evolution....

Google a yeast trap for mosquitos
    Robbie
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.

Do you have neighbors that neglect their pool badly.
    Robbie
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.

try white vinegar in a open bowl.
    place 1 in each room.

vicks helps for the bites.. takes the itch away

2000 Ford Courier DC 2.5TD 4x4
    2009 Fiat 500
    2001 Merc C200K
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 manual

Thanks for the suggestions guys, will check it all out. The bites is not really a issue though it's obviously very anoying, I'm looking for a way to get the bastards to leave permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbief View Post
    Do you have neighbors that neglect their pool badly.

mmmmmm, have new neighbours on the one side and their pool is on the other side of the house so can't peak, should maybe investigate.

I stay in Meyerton when working in Gauteng have got the same problem, but these are minute mossies, smaller than the ones here in Somerset West, itch like hell, accidently found that Icy Hot works for itching, bring back ddt.
    Last edited by den wagen kan; 2015/01/25 at 08:31 AM.
    07 Rennault Kangoo 1.5 dci 280 000km (Workshop Wheelbarrow)
    2014 CitroŽn Berlingo 1.6 Tdi 60 000km (RSA Run around)
    2013 Nissan Np 200 1.5 dci 50 000 ( Gauteng Cart around)
    2012 Peugeot 3008 1.6 Tbi 90 000 (Family Taxi)
    1984 Land Rover S3 R6...RD28 Now that is my car and only mine if you touch it without soap and water.....
    I think therefore I am human , I think...

It is a myth that mozzies come from swimming pools and water features. At this time of the year with higher humidity your plants, grass, trees, flowers are all breeding grounds. How many swimming pools are there in Mozambique, Tanzania etc. They don't need stagnant water to breed, just a drop of condensation here and there. I have noticed over the years that they are getting worse and worse. Only a matter of time before these gus start carrying malaria.
    Jeep, there is only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbief View Post
    Google a yeast trap for mosquitos
    I have yet to get this working. Great in theory, but it seems it is just as effective as hanging plastic bags filled with water for flies.
    SPOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubscrew View Post
    I have yet to get this working. Great in theory, but it seems it is just as effective as hanging plastic bags filled with water for flies.
    Ya you need movement to make the co2 escape, to make the mozzies come closer...

Go to co-op and buy Fendona, spray the outside walls inside walls and curtains, spray behind/under toilets.

Last long, odourless and safe

Almal kry die voorreg om onnosel te wees, net jammer party maak misbruik daarvan

Bat hotel. It's a win-win.
    All our neighbours ask why we have so much less mozzies than them.
    Last edited by Toccata (Roelof); 2015/01/26 at 08:13 PM.
    Make it happen!

2018 Mobi Lodge

Mozzies in SA are tame pussy cats compared to those in Northern Europe Numbers are also low here.

There are (rather expensive) electric mozzie killers. You set up one into the garden. Only trick is that they reduce the numbers in a meaningful way only if up and running in the beginning of the season. Have to catch "the mothers". I do not know if they are for sale in SA.

Nets on all opening windows. That is the only way to survive up in north. Helps here also.

What ever is said it is better to remove all standing water. Rome had malaria until Mussolini remover the marshlands. Something similar had to be done on one mining area in Scandinavia.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Toccata (Roelof) View Post
    Bat hotel. It's a win-win.
    All our neighbours ask why we have so much less mozzies than them.
    Tell me more, i'm interested. we have bats around but would love to create a few boxes.
    Robbie
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast