V9x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: V9x

Question V9x

Guys I need help. I am going on a Botswana trip Easter next year. There will be about 4 vehicles.
    The roads we will travel are terrible.
    Firstly my V9X needs to be lifted. I am still on the normal factory based tyres.
    There is a lot of threads regarding lifting devices but not for the V9X. Is it possible to fit something which can be removed and refitted when necessary?
    Secondly what underbody cover do I need? Where can these be fitted.
    Thirdly the bulbar on the normal Navara doesn’t fit on the V9X. Something to do with the radiator. Is there an aftermarket replacement.
    Lastly the snorkel.
    The car has only done 15000km and is still under warrantee.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cobus Kruger
    Pretoria

My advice is rent a Land Cruiser. Cheaper than all the mods and the inevitable damage.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

50mm (2") Spacer lift is the cheapest.
    Get a protection plate from UYS.
    Do you really need a bullbar? Protection plate should protect the oilcooler to some degree from underneath.
    If you really going for the steel bumper, remember to do the mention this if you doing the lift first.
    Snorkel will help with cleaner air, but take extra airfilters and some diesel filters along anyway.
    Also make sure before the time you know how to change the diesel filters correctly.

2007 Nissan Navara 4L Auto - Worshond

Ovambo
    Do not modify the V9X suspension,it will void your warrantee. A bull bar will interfere with the oil cooler efficiency and could result in oil over heating. I have towed my Xplorer through Moremi and all over Namibia without any problems.I have an extra set of Navara mags which I fitted with 265/70x17 Bridgestone Duelers these will give you enough lift for the midelmanetjies. I use these for trips like this.I have also fitted air helpers at the back to level the Navara after loading and hitching the Xplorer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2018 VW Amarok V6 4Motion A/T
    2019 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI Highline
    2015 Jurgens Xplorer

+1

It is highly unlikely that you will need a lift or protection for one trip to Botswana.
    2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 VNTd5 ES

Thumbs up Thanks

Explorer and Wetkit thanks.
    Fontuin we visit Botswana and other neighboring countries frequently. This is just the first time with the V9X.
    Explorer your advice not to tamper with the warranty is 100%, just found out from Nissan to lift will forfeit it. The extra set of rims is exactly what I will do.
    Wetkit I will contact Uys. Will find out how to fit extra filters, critical.
    I agree, no need to fit the Bull bar.
    Can I fit the snorkel myself?
    Thanks again guys
    Cobus Kruger
    Pretoria

I am sure you can fit a snorkel yourself, but I am scared I cut the hole wrong and then it is a complete mess
    I'd rather get a professional to do that one.
    Mounting the protection plate is not too difficult gtanted you have enough space to work under the body and have some hands to help lift the plate in position as it is heavy.

2007 Nissan Navara 4L Auto - Worshond

I did the west coast with my V9x and XT140 trailer. All I did was fit bigger all terrain tyres and did it with no problem.
    Corne

Madota and explorer did the bigger tyres had any influence on fuel or gear shifting.
    Wetkit again your advice is noted and accepted. I will get pro help on this one.
    Cobus Kruger
    Pretoria

I agree, lift compromises your high speed stability. What is the purpose of the snorkel but for the looks?
    Danie Gerryts

2013 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX A/T
    2016 Ford Ranger 3.2TDCi 4x4 A/T Supercab

DanieG I promise you that snorkel is critical. On the last trip to the pans the dust were so intense all vehicles without snorkels went into limp mode. Three off them, different makes. We had to clean right up to the injectors when we got home. The stability is a major issue, that is one of the reasons I bought the V9X. Thanks in any case.
    Cobus Kruger
    Pretoria

Catching the ass-end here.

Not being in Botswana myself as yet, I can merely provide info on the fitment aspects.

My v9x (pathfinder) has a suspension kit fitted. Whilst still under warrantee, Nissan advised that the suspension part of the warrantee will lapse should the upgrade be done. I continued regardless as I have a warrantee on the upgraded kit.

Fitting a bullbar would not be required yes, however, should you be interested, the guys at Conqueror Zambezi can help. There are very little options due to the coolers, however I fitted a Smartbar with no issues at all.

Protection can be supplied by Stofpad 4x4. Contact Uys who's always willing to assist.

Bigger tyres aslo fitted (remained on 17") and gear shift were not impacted. Not taking notice of fuel consumption though.
    Paved Roads: A perfect example of wasteful government spending

2016 Landcruiser 79 V8. Bashplate, sliders, Bushtec caonopy, tough dog suspension, lightforce eyes

Herminator.
    Thanks, did you experience any stability changes. You did the suspension and tyres.
    Already got a quote from Uys. Thanks again.
    Cobus Kruger
    Pretoria

Mine had a 3.5 cm lift front and 5 cm lift rear, OME and 265/70x17 BFG's.
    Danie Gerryts

2013 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX A/T
    2016 Ford Ranger 3.2TDCi 4x4 A/T Supercab

Hi again.

No issues at all. Also fitted 265x70x17 Coopers on a new set of mags.
    Important to remember that your suspension should be done for what you have in mind for the vehicle.
    The suspension was the very first thing I did. I opted for harder in front and one rating down at the back, purely as I was planning to have a bullbar fitted. At first the stability was not what I had expected, however fitting the bar and protection equaled it out immediately.
    Should you not opt for a bullbar, you can possibly go at a softer rating with no stability impact.
    Paved Roads: A perfect example of wasteful government spending

2016 Landcruiser 79 V8. Bashplate, sliders, Bushtec caonopy, tough dog suspension, lightforce eyes

Suspension lift, for = 3
    Suspension lift, against = 3

As daai pensie so begin sleep op die middelmannetjie?
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Ovambo

Like Wetkit said, I did a 50mm spacerlift front and rear on my Navara 2.5 and it did help alot no more 'worshond style' through thick sand !!!
    Just had to move the rear brackets of the Abs wires for more axle travel and the Navara's roadholding are still the same as before the lift, very very stable and my wife drives it 90% of the time, town and open road.
    I do have a replacement bumper (Redback), on the front, with a skidplate for the radiator, was a good call...
    I am sure the guys can built a custom replacement bumper for your V9X...

4x4 Greetings

Hi Cobus,
    We did a 4 vehicle tour of Zim recently.Two Navarras,one V9X with XCape and one 2.5 not towing.Both has lifted suspensions fitted by the dealer!One broke a shock(Bilstein) and it was replaced,so there must be some guarantee.The guy with the V9X did not conplain about stability,and he was towing.We travelled at 100-110 km/u on tar.He did have one moment but that was on a very bad dirt road with a VERY loose surface!!He has 265/70-17 BFG A/T fitted.He coped very well with the caravan on mainly dirt roads.
    Where you are going the snorkel is a must!!!
    Enjoy
    Regards,
    Frans
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

Since fitting the snorkel on my Terrano 5 years ago, I pick up a lot more dust in the air filter than before. It used to be fairly clean after 15000km (between services). Now after just 5000km its full of dust and insects.

I am starting to wonder about snorkels although I believe the cooler air must be better than the air from inside the front wheel arch.

I find exactly the same in my Patrol with the snorkel. I don't think I'll fit one on the Pathfinder.

I fitted a 40mm Ironman lift kit on my Pathfinder and fitted 255/75 x 17 Goodyear Wranglers. It nice and high now for off-roading. I do however find it to be unstable in corners now, something I never found with the 265/70 x 17 Duellers. With the Wrangers and before the suspension lift it was also unstable. I think it is the make of tyre rather than the size. Before leaving on holiday in December, I will fit the rims with the 265 Duellers back on the vehicle. I will know when I get back if it was because of the tyres.

I also hope to test the front diff locker on a trail somewhere when on holiday.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired 2013 but remained in Johannesburg (maybe will look at moving south, Robertson or Wellington type of town, once the wife retires)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (with front Lokka) - My Platkar...
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL with front Lokka (Use it mainly for Safari business)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (with 160 H/Moon Stargazer RTT and 100 lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari 2.8 Station wagon with 5 speed conversion,
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle).
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Suspension lift, for = 3
    Suspension lift, against = 3

As daai pensie so begin sleep op die middelmannetjie?
    En hy gaan sleep. My swarrie se navara is op Ironmans en hy skuur nerens meer nie. Dit is redelik ferm, so stabiliteit is top notch. Ek sou dit lig en ordentlike AT's opsit. Dan het jy 'n monster. Ek twyfel oor die snorkel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast