Welgelegen trail. 17.01.2014 - Page 2





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,667

    Default

    Haha. That trail was fun. My first time there. Deon was rather persistent and unsuccessful in one of the obstacles! We all drove around it!
    Michael
    2007 Pajero 3.2 Di-D
    Every statement I make comes with the proviso that I don't know what i'm talking about.
    “It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.” – Hugh Laurie

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    41
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Oh my!

    What a fun day

    Once again, going out with the 4x4 Community guys has proven to not only be a fun day, but also very educational. It's so incredible how friendly everyone is, and how much valuable advice, tips and guidance us newbies get from the more experienced hands.

    I managed to get the Jimny beached on an ESCAPE route (bring on the jokes) and had to be snatched. Bok did a great job, for a moment there I thought I had the most powerful little car in the work. The snatch strap is magic, I have never experienced it, but it's incredibly smooth. Fortunately from that point onwards, I wasn't allowed to make a bad decision, the guys showed me how to cross some rock obstacles which I had serious doubts about.

    These were the worst rocks I've done to date, and, with expert guidance and advice, I managed to drive away undamaged. I'll be adding a few plates underneath, just for in-case, but I certainly learned a lot about the little car today, which will also help!

    Oh, and if you are wondering, from there I stuck to the red arrows except for one place, those green arrows just get me into trouble

    Thank you for another fun day!!

    I think my next investment should be some camera equipment...

    Youtube videos:
    http://youtu.be/4zEbCkD2xfw
    http://youtu.be/O9jU9rC2uus
    http://youtu.be/_8hPDCs9gVQ

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	330364

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	330365

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	330366

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_4.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	330367

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_5.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	330368

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_6.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	330369

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_7.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	330370

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_8.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	330371

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_9.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	330372

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_10.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	294.9 KB 
ID:	330373

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_11.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	330374

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_12.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	330375

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_13.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	330376

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_14.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	330377

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_15.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	330378

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_16.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	330379

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_17.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	330380

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_18.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	330381

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_19.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	330382

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_20.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	901.6 KB 
ID:	330383
    Ewald


    Have Jimny. Will play.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Town Southern suburbs
    Age
    53
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mic_zw View Post
    Haha. That trail was fun. My first time there. Deon was rather persistent and unsuccessful in one of the obstacles! We all drove around it!
    Thats what i do Michael
    When life throws you lemons you better have some salt and tequila handy

    gen 1 pajero 2.5 TDI SWB aka Boesman




    platkar Renault Duster aka Stoffie

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Town Southern suburbs
    Age
    53
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Geat pics Ewald keep them coming
    When life throws you lemons you better have some salt and tequila handy

    gen 1 pajero 2.5 TDI SWB aka Boesman




    platkar Renault Duster aka Stoffie

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    Lovely photos. Looks like you guys had fun.

    Bok, the tuna sounds great!
    Ross

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    41
    Posts
    570

    Default

    There would have been more pics, but Kim opted to hold on for dear life instead of taking photo's...

    I'm going to get permission from the finance department to spend a bit of money on a camera, I've never had a good enough reason until now!
    Ewald


    Have Jimny. Will play.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Thanks for a great day out guys. We all had fun it was awesome.
    I think some guys went away impressed with their vehicles. And understanding them more. That was the aim of yesterday.

    And some came to entertain. Thanx Boesman! The courage of that Gen 1 is legendary...
    Toyota Hilux 30 KZ-TE 4x4
    Toyota Conquest 1.3 Sport
    Toyota Corrolla 140i
    Opel Corsa pickup - Cuzzans Property
    ORRA X208

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bellville
    Age
    45
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Lyk nice ouens, dankie viri pics!! een van die dae....

    youtube clips

    Gen 2 2.8TDi, running with a Lexus heart since 290000kms
    - developed a drinking problem since - V8 inception 2014/03/28
    - looking up after some driver rehabilitation and fine tuning (5.5-8.7km/l) 2015/08/14
    - keep the wheels on the ground at all times - 2014/12/04
    - body maintenance completed -
    2015/02/19
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Loevenstein
    Age
    36
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Thanks for a great day. Looking forward to many more of these adventures!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Loevenstein
    Age
    36
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421579062.934358.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	330433
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421579085.682860.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	330434
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421579099.633150.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	330435
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421579151.537666.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	330436

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    41
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Hey there's a pic of the Jimny with the Fortuner engine! That combo can go anywhere
    Ewald


    Have Jimny. Will play.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Town Southern suburbs
    Age
    53
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Sounds like a good story to be told !
    some stories are best left untold especially if swambo has my password
    When life throws you lemons you better have some salt and tequila handy

    gen 1 pajero 2.5 TDI SWB aka Boesman




    platkar Renault Duster aka Stoffie

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2

    Default

    First trail under the belt, Deon named me skilpad for obvious reasons. Thanks to Elroy for organising, to Shorty for the valuable advice, Bok the recovery King and to all who made the day most enjoyable.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    41
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aallison68 View Post
    First trail under the belt, Deon named me skilpad for obvious reasons. Thanks to Elroy for organising, to Shorty for the valuable advice, Bok the recovery King and to all who made the day most enjoyable.
    The first trail is where it starts... That wasn't the easiest one to get started on, but you did great - now you have to put all that new knowledge to use on another trail
    Ewald


    Have Jimny. Will play.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2

    Default

    http://youtu.be/Abo9zTRdJT8

    Jiminy recovery

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    41
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Great video - Thank you

    I don't have many of the Jimny, this is my first recovery, so it's going into the collection.
    Ewald


    Have Jimny. Will play.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Allan before you know it youre looking at lifts, sliders and Bumpers...
    Toyota Hilux 30 KZ-TE 4x4
    Toyota Conquest 1.3 Sport
    Toyota Corrolla 140i
    Opel Corsa pickup - Cuzzans Property
    ORRA X208

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    durbanville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Dankie ouens, weereens 'n lekker outing.

    Ons maak weer so.
    BOK

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    durbanville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZukiRuki View Post
    Oh my!

    What a fun day

    Once again, going out with the 4x4 Community guys has proven to not only be a fun day, but also very educational. It's so incredible how friendly everyone is, and how much valuable advice, tips and guidance us newbies get from the more experienced hands.

    I managed to get the Jimny beached on an ESCAPE route (bring on the jokes) and had to be snatched. Bok did a great job, for a moment there I thought I had the most powerful little car in the work. The snatch strap is magic, I have never experienced it, but it's incredibly smooth. Fortunately from that point onwards, I wasn't allowed to make a bad decision, the guys showed me how to cross some rock obstacles which I had serious doubts about.

    These were the worst rocks I've done to date, and, with expert guidance and advice, I managed to drive away undamaged. I'll be adding a few plates underneath, just for in-case, but I certainly learned a lot about the little car today, which will also help!

    Oh, and if you are wondering, from there I stuck to the red arrows except for one place, those green arrows just get me into trouble

    Thank you for another fun day!!

    I think my next investment should be some camera equipment...

    Youtube videos:
    http://youtu.be/4zEbCkD2xfw
    http://youtu.be/O9jU9rC2uus
    http://youtu.be/_8hPDCs9gVQ

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	330364

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	330365

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	330366

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_4.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	330367

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_5.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	330368

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_6.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	330369

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_7.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	330370

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_8.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	330371

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_9.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	330372

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_10.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	294.9 KB 
ID:	330373

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_11.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	330374

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_12.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	330375

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_13.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	330376

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_14.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	330377

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_15.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	330378

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_16.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	330379

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_17.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	330380

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_18.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	330381

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_19.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	330382

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	welgelegen_2015_01_17_20.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	901.6 KB 
ID:	330383

    Nice foto's & video's. 8)
    BOK

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    durbanville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RMackay View Post
    Lovely photos. Looks like you guys had fun.

    Bok, the tuna sounds great!
    Thanks, love the V6
    BOK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Swaziland 4x4 Scenic Trail
    By pierreu in forum 4x4 Trails / Routes / Clubs
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 2014/07/03, 10:20 PM
  2. Females
    By 4x4 in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 2013/09/04, 03:30 PM
  3. Welgelegen trail ?
    By CarloJK in forum Western Cape
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 2012/10/24, 11:42 PM
  4. Bad Luck on the Klipdrift Trail @ Hennops
    By Smiles in forum 4x4 Trails / Routes / Clubs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 2010/12/03, 09:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •