ASPW loves the Trailblazer

Default ASPW loves the Trailblazer

Watching Andrew St. Pierre White on this week's episode of 4-Wheel Drive he says he is frustrated because there is absolutely nothing that he doesn't like about the Trailblazer. I wonder what Mad Manny has to say about that?

What are other owner's thoughts?

PS - he hated the Pajero a few years ago....
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

A little harsh on the Pajero imo. If trailblazer gets all thumbs up I find it hard to see how Pajero gets so many thumbs down. What does TB retail for? Is it a direct competitor of fortuner or Pajero?
    Michael
    2007 Pajero 3.2 Di-D
    Every statement I make comes with the proviso that I don't know what i'm talking about.
    “It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.” – Hugh Laurie

PS - he hated the Pajero a few years ago....
    But he did say that the Pajero has the best steering of any 4X4 he has driven.
    Andre Botha
    2006 Pajero 3.8 GLS LWB, Gomad bash plates. Monroe Adventure shocks.

I do not take the product views of people like ASPW, Hingsley Colgate, Hohan Jadenborst et al to heart as they have a commercial interest in their views...

Do you honestly think that Hohan would, halfway through an overland trip, declare the Amarok "The worst overland vehicle ever" if he felt it was?
    (And I'm not saying it is).

APSW once changed his views on a certain tyre immediately after sponsorship by that brand was terminated.

Do you think Mad Manny would continue defending Toyotas if it weren't for the R80k a month they pay him...

Don't you think the AgterTrekkers would have used horse drawn carriages (like the American pioneers did)
    if they weren't sponsored by the Dutch conglomerate "Osse is Onze"...
    Last edited by Mad Manny; 2014/12/21 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mic_zw View Post
    A little harsh on the Pajero imo. If trailblazer gets all thumbs up I find it hard to see how Pajero gets so many thumbs down. What does TB retail for? Is it a direct competitor of fortuner or Pajero?
    Pajero competes with the Prado 120 & Disco3.
    Trailblazer is in the same class as the Fortuner, Pajero Lite & the Everest (The Rexton does NOT belong in this group, despite what XJJunkie says)...
    Last edited by Mad Manny; 2014/12/21 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    I do not take the product views of people like ASPW, Hingsley Colgate, Hohan Jadenborst et al to heart as they have a commercial interest in their views...

Do you honestly think that Hohan would, halfway through an overland trip, declare the Amarok "The worst overland vehicle ever" if he felt it was?
    (And I'm not saying it is).

APSW once changed his views on a certain tyre immediately after sponsorship by that brand was terminated.

Do you think Mad Manny would continue defending Toyotas if it weren't for the R80k a month they pay him...

Don't you think the AgterTrekkers would have used horse drawn carriages (like the American pioneers did)
    if they weren't sponsored by the Dutch conglomerate "Osse is Onze"...
    WOW! Honest at last, must be the season.
    Real engines use spark plugs

2012 Trailblazer 3.6 V6
    2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI

Philip

I am not going to say this out loud and in public....

I drove a Fortuner for a year.
    I test drove a Trailblazer, admittedly tar only, the Trailblazer is a damn fine drive!

Manny, your insights are astounding . But very true about "sponsored" products. He also says he approached Columbia to test some clothing, he got free outfits, and now he says only good things about the brand ever since....
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

I think a second hand Targrazer would be a good option if you aren't the heavy trail type (no difflock). Good power and solid interior, and possibly poor resale value (I haven't checked this)
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

I think Chev may be the only company willing to loan him vehicles... His dealings with the motor industry (as per Manny's reference to the tyre sponsor) didn't endear himself to them at all
    "Do not try to win over the idiots - you are not the Jerk Whisperer.."

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    Trailblazer is in the same class as the Fortuner, Pajero Lite & the Everest (The Rexton does NOT belong in this group, despite what XJJunkie says)...
    Agreed, Rexton is a step up. Some of those still have leaf springs, drum brakes & old fashioned gearboxes. Rexton is king.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    Manny, your insights are astounding . But very true about "sponsored" products. He also says he approached Columbia to test some clothing, he got free outfits, and now he says only good things about the brand ever since....
    Yes but to be fair, if you have not worn technical clothing and then starts wearing Columbia there is just no way not to only say good things about it!

Loves Bushtec as well....
    Ross