Vorster goes JMC - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by pierre2013 View Post
    Pupkewitz sells toyota and gwm...

If you cant afford a toyota, thry will gladly sort you out with a gwm.

Now that is funny......

Quote Originally Posted by MayorGoodman View Post
    Now that is funny......
    Its funny, 'cause its true..

They also sell Nissan..
    Last edited by pierre2013; 2015/10/05 at 05:25 PM.

Two excellent chirps tonight....the English rugby team one on the Springbok thread and then the irony of this one....

Hi Vorster,

How is your JMC doing now?

Regards
    EX HUYNDAI TUCSON CRDI AUTO AWD (DIESEL ADDICT)

Future Suzuki Jimny Owner

Default Re: Vorster goes JMC

After 110'000 km on the clock and she is still going. A small oil leak, but other than that no problems thus far. I takes me to work every day and has done some full loads on the back, without hassles.

Even the new addition to my family loves it. He falls asleep even though its louder than the latest Ford diesel bakkies.

Many people don't know the bakkies, but it is well worth its money.
    Through possitive thinking, possitive actions will result

My Trokkie: 2015 JMC 2.8 TD D/C 4x4
    Chopper: Regal Raptor Spyder
    Speed Queen: Suzuki GSXR 400 Slingshot
    Restoring the family Chevy: 1966 Checrolet Chevelle

You're never too old to start loving Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering

Default Re: Vorster goes JMC

Quote Originally Posted by Vorster View Post
    After 110'000 km on the clock and she is still going. A small oil leak, but other than that no problems thus far. I takes me to work every day and has done some full loads on the back, without hassles.

Even the new addition to my family loves it. He falls asleep even though its louder than the latest Ford diesel bakkies.

Many people don't know the bakkies, but it is well worth its money.
    Mine has 95 000 km on the clock. Runs on Karoo dirt roads a lot. No problems since those that were fixed without hassles under warranty (Headlight and temperature gauge). They told me I was buying a Chinese rattler. Not a single rattle to date. I'ts carried bricks, sand, cement, steel rebar, coal and many other heavy loads. Towed a double axle trailer and load of ceramic tiles weighing a total of 2.1 tons with 500 kg tiling cement in the bak up and over 2 passes (Outeniqua and Theekloof) from George to Fraserburg (1300 m ASL) with not a single complaint. 4x4 low range in river beds to collect sand.

It's loud and clatters when cold but no problems. Uses no oil nor water and starts easily in the 0 deg morning temperatures.
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)

Talking Re: Vorster goes JMC

Many people have condoned the JMC bakkies, but for personal use, the loudness and 'rattles' I can live with. Also had sand and bricks loaded on the back with a fully loaded double axle Venter trailer during building construction at home, and no hassles.

I have only had two problems thus far with the JMC Boarding. One was the speedo stopped working at 49'000km, and was replaced under warranty. Second was the bridge pipe between the turbo and EGR valve which broke on the heat effected zone of the weld. That cost me R1'300 bucks to get the pipe from the agents at 10'3000km. Got 106'000km out the original tires, and 89'000km on the front brake pads. These bakkies might not be as fast as the most modern bakkies on take-off from a traffic light, but this saves you money on the long run. Tires and brakes. If you want to race from robot to robot, buy a sports car! She still gives me 8.5L/100km at urban use. Impressive to me .

Parts for service I can get easily as it's Isuzu parts and brake pads. Servicing it myself for R700.

One of my suppliers has a company JMC Boarding and has done over R220'000km on the odo. Turbo has gone, but management says it cost to much to replace. (Thats just a lie as the turbo is fairly cost-effective to replace). Honestly I think they are just trying to save a few bucks. Nonetheless, it still serves them as a workhorse and that bakkie was my first attraction to the JMC brand.

We went on numerous fishing trips with the bakkie fully loaded and towing a 750kg payload trailer. no problems on uphill or long distance. The 4x4 got me a few times out of mud and rough terrain with the loaded trailer.

We load the baby seat in the back, enough space for pram and baby bags etc. This bakkie serves my needs and are reliable, and has brought me much joy and great memories.

I have installed 2 off 8" subs behind the back seat, and gives great quality sound. Just have to turn it down when little Zane is in the back. Replaced the OEM radio with a double din touch s creen radio with GPS and rear view camera, and the dash cam. Music is for the long hauls to mines and process plants for work.

For the money spent, I have a full size family vehicle, and a bakkie with a boot that can take what ever your home needs. And all of that for much less cost than the 'norm brand' bakkies.

I grew up with a '82 3L V6 Ford bakkie, and a '72 Ford F250 4x4. I got my license in the 3L Ford. Yes they were the masters of the road, but the chinese knows that they want to, and are competing against the massive big brands who had been around for a very long time, so they also know that they can't just manufacture and sell junk. They have to step up and make a mark in the industry, and by joining hands like they do with the major players, they can make a difference in the long run. Remember, Japanese vehicles were also frowned upon when they entered the market. Now they are being praised as being the best. Toyota, Isuzu and Nissan, all wonderful brands. Do they break down and give problems, yes they do. All vehicles do.

Buy what serves your needs, and your wallet. I am proud to say I am a JMC Boarding owner.
    Through possitive thinking, possitive actions will result

My Trokkie: 2015 JMC 2.8 TD D/C 4x4
    Chopper: Regal Raptor Spyder
    Speed Queen: Suzuki GSXR 400 Slingshot
    Restoring the family Chevy: 1966 Checrolet Chevelle

You're never too old to start loving Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vorster For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3