Mossel bay

Thread: Mossel bay

Default Mossel bay

Greetings everyone

Iím eager in applying for a vacancy in Mossel bay. However, I need some info from all you well respected 4x4íers staying in the vicinity of Mossel Bay / Southern Cape:

Here goes:

Name of a good suburb/s in and around Mossel Bay that you will recommend. I intend to buy, rather than rent.
    A good Afrikaans primary school for swambo light;
    What are the general cost of living in the Mossel bay area;
    What are to job market like there;
    Health care i.e. hospitals
    Entertainment
    Shopping

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by aprilia View Post
    Greetings everyone

Iím eager in applying for a vacancy in Mossel bay. However, I need some info from all you well respected 4x4íers staying in the vicinity of Mossel Bay / Southern Cape:

Here goes:

Name of a good suburb/s in and around Mossel Bay that you will recommend. I intend to buy, rather than rent. Hartenbos/Bayview/and everything on the hills above and around Hartenbos.
    A good Afrikaans primary school for swambo light; Hartenbos primary/Curro Mossel Bay Private.
    What are the general cost of living in the Mossel bay area; Reasonable
    What are to job market like there; Dead, never have been alive.
    Health care i.e. hospitals Great. Bayview Hospital is rated very highly and capable doctors, dentists, and eye care facilities.
    Entertainment None, unless yours is drinking in dubious bars.
    Shopping Locally reasonable (Langeberg Mall) George better (Garden Route Mall), Cape Town great (Take your pick).

Regards

Aprilia
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny

Greetings everyone

I’m eager in applying for a vacancy in Mossel bay. However, I need some info from all you well respected 4x4’ers staying in the vicinity of Mossel Bay / Southern Cape:

Here goes:

∑ Name of a good suburb/s in and around Mossel Bay that you will recommend. I intend to buy, rather than rent.
    ∑ A good Afrikaans primary school for swambo light; Hartenbos/Curro, het nie kids nie maar hoor maar so
    ∑ What are the general cost of living in the Mossel bay area;Very average for the western Cape, some goods are cheaper here than in CT, but then again salaries are not as high
    ∑ What are to job market like there;You better bring your own job
    ∑ Health care i.e. hospitals BayView Private Hospital as well as a new Private Day Hospital, overall very good healthcare
    ∑ Entertainment No strip clubs, :-( usual bars pubs, we play a little paintball!!
    ∑ Shopping2 Shopping Centers, normal shops, George is 50km from us, same shops bigger variety.

Regards

Aprilia

Hope it helps, just don't come look for accommodation now....The silly season has started

No money for a real 4x4 so I pimped my
    2011 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 BiTdi 132kw 4Motion DSG

Thanks for your input guys.

Will keep you posted if and when Iíll be relocating.

Hope there is space for another appliance in your valley

Thanks for your input guys.

Will keep you posted if and when Iíll be relocating.

Hope there is space for another appliance in your valley
    Always.
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny

My 2 cents of additional info

Greetings everyone

Here goes:

Name of a good suburb/s in and around Mossel Bay that you will recommend. I intend to buy, rather than rent. We live in Monte Christo just outside Hartenbos and can highly recommend it. Beautiful surroundings, peaceful and one of the most secure areas where children can still safely roam the streets and play outside. There are a couple of very nice newly built houses available, some directly from the builders. Going price R1,4- R1,6 milj.
    A good Afrikaans primary school for swambo light;
    What are the general cost of living in the Mossel bay area;
    What are to job market like there;
    Health care i.e. hospitals A newly built day hospital just opened as well and even the provincial hospital is generally good.
    Entertainment Lots of coffee shops and Antique stores but as said not much else
    Shopping Mosselbaai Mall is also growing and offers different shops than the mentioned Langeberg mall. Otherwise pop over to George close by like the guys said. A quick drive.

Regards

Aprilia