New Xtrail - Anyone driven one? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Xtrail - Anyone driven one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kings View Post
    Hi Henryv, I'm just curious, did anyone at Nissan explain anything to you about the Diesel Particulate Filter that's fitted to your car?
    Yes I'm aware of it. Use 10ppm Sasol diesel as often as you can to prevent problems with it.

Henry

2010 Navara 2.5 D/C 4x4
    2016 Chev Utility Club 1.8
    Echo 4

Hi there

My wife drives a 2015 2.5 CVT. 15,000km so far with no issues. I really enjoy the CVT as it is very smooth.
    Could you please post a link to the global recall for this model ?
    The only negative press l could find on this model was on an Australian owners forum.
    Thank you

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Classic V8 View Post
    Hi there

My wife drives a 2015 2.5 CVT. 15,000km so far with no issues. I really enjoy the CVT as it is very smooth.
    Could you please post a link to the global recall for this model ?
    The only negative press l could find on this model was on an Australian owners forum.
    Thank you

Simon
    Hi Classic V8

It took me a while, but I've managed to find one link for you so far, there were a couple which I read, as soon as I can find them I will post them for you. http://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=31065

Quote Originally Posted by Kings View Post
    Hi Classic V8

It took me a while, but I've managed to find one link for you so far, there were a couple which I read, as soon as I can find them I will post them for you. http://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=31065
    Hi Kings

Thank you very much for your trouble. I believe ours was 1 of the first batch in the country ( December 2014). We haven't experienced any trouble so far so am hoping that they had resolved the issue ? Also given Nissan's fairly extensive experience with CVT's I would also expect it's more likely to be a software issue than a gearbox problem.

My biggest challenge at the moment is to find some AT tyres for the 18inch rims. Thinking of going for a set of 16 inch rims if they will clear the calipers ?

Thanks again for your input

Simon

Here's something you might want to think about before purchasing a new T32 X-trail diesel.
    I decided to take a chance and see if I could trade my 2015 1.6 Nissan X-trail SE 4X4 Tech in for something else before something else goes wrong with it. The dealer wasn't interested in trading the X-trail so it was put on a 'auction site' where other dealers can bid on it.
    The highest bid they got was R250k, 15 months ago I paid R388k for this vehicle, and by the way, there is nothing wrong with my X-trail, all the problems I had, have been sorted out, with no help at all from Nissan SA.

I've recently heard that two different car hire company's are putting all there 1.6 dCi X-trail's and Qashqai's up for auction, due to constant problems and unreliability, they have apparently also cancelled all outstanding orders for these vehicles with Nissan South Africa.

And Nissan South Africa is still trying to ignore the fact that these are problem vehicles and put the blame on the customer, or say there's nothing wrong with the vehicle.
    Now: 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 GLS Exceed
    Previous: 2015 T32 Nissan X-trail 1.6 dCi SE 4x4 Tech
    Previous: 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 GLS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kings For This Useful Post:

any update from X Trail T32 owners? Specifically on the CVT gearbox reliability and the 2.5 motor in general

Quote Originally Posted by veedub View Post
    any update from X Trail T32 owners? Specifically on the CVT gearbox reliability and the 2.5 motor in general

I didn't have the 2.5 CVT but everyone I ever spoke to who did have one had nothing but good things to say about them.

I was actually looking at trading my 1.6 dCi in on a 2.5 CVT but went for the Outlander instead.
    Now: 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 GLS Exceed
    Previous: 2015 T32 Nissan X-trail 1.6 dCi SE 4x4 Tech
    Previous: 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 GLS

I just bought one.

2.5 CVT 4x4 Accenta 7s.

So far it is quiet and comfortable to drive.

I will post a review after awhile.

Comfortable seats.
    Good visibility in front, rear visibility is not good.
    It is a comfortable ride.
    Handling around corners is good for this size vehicle. I drove a armored cruiser for awhile.
    Front brakes create a lot of dust.

Fuel consumption mixed 8.9L /100km
    Fuel consumption town 12.1L /100km
    Fuel consumption freeway 7.4L /100km (best)

I do approx 150km per day on the freeway.
    Last edited by silver6933; 2018/08/05 at 09:28 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to silver6933 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by veedub View Post
    I have owned one since October last year. Absolutely love it, we no longer have "my" car or the "wifes" car, it is now "the xtrail", because we are constantly fighting over who will drive it. Very comfortable drive, more than satisfied with the engine. Around town I keep it on eco mode, because I think "normal mode" is over kill in traffic or going between stop streets. When I switch it back on it feels like switching into race mode .

Towed a medium sized venter (750kg) to the coast in december, more than enough power up or down the passes. Nice feeling to be able to put your foot down on an uphill with a trailer and getting all the power you need, being able to pass someone with ease. Maybe I would notice a difference with a larger Caravan with this size engine, but I forgot my trailer was there most of the trip. No problem with the gearbox at all, no problems Iv experienced.

Also got caught in a terrible hail storm while towing, very stable, didn't miss a beat. Got a lot of confidence in this car after that.

I bought a new 1.6dci in 2015 and love it! Consumption is excellent and I have just recently got 3.9 l/100 from Sandton to northern Pretoria. On average 5.7 to 6 l/100. Tows well and has nice cruising power. Sad to hear about people with problems. The Xtrail was the best selling Suv world wide for 2016 and 2017 as well as the 4th best seller overall according to Car magazine. That is quite an achievement!!

Its 2019 ppl im interested in a 2018 2.5 cvt. Still going strong?

I got a very good deal on a 2017 2.5 CVT 3 months ago (the facelift model), with only 12000km on the clock.
    Have done about 10k km. No issues. Enjoying the smoothness. And quite enjoying the CVT as well. Drive it in Eco mode then it doesn't constantly hunt for revs.
    All in all Im happy. Quite surprised at how economical it can be if you don't drive it like a ... knob.

(Wont lie though...the CRV was better built..)
    Last edited by Honda CRV; 2019/04/29 at 10:09 PM.
    Edgar

Nissan X-Trail 2.5CVT

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Honda CRV For This Useful Post:

Test drove a demo 2.5 tekna today. Very nice car, good value for the price. Unfortunately it was let down by a non turbo model and I could feel the lack of power. Also the steering was not heavy enough. It's a pity. This was a deal breaker for me.
    Last edited by veez999; 2019/05/02 at 06:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2