Disappointed in Badplaas - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Disappointed in Badplaas

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Dan sal jy vir Andrew Marshall en Botha en Louis en Christel en daai gang ken.

Almal nou so soet soos stroop...........soort van
    Sorry, Off Topic:
    Ek kan wel onthou hoe ons Kobus Wiese se Baja Bug as eerste jaars rondgestoot het om "reisies" te jaag met sy maaitjie, in die se VW Fox, wat die ander helfte ongelukkige eerste jaars moes stoot!!
    Ek dink hy het die sunroof oopgemaak om in die Baja te pas. Daar was goeie tye, maar Jool was wild!
    Last edited by AntonN; 2019/11/23 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post
    Sorry, Off Topic:
    Ek kan wel onthou hoe ons Kobus Wiese se Baja Bug as eerste jaars rondgestoot het om "reisies" te jaag met sy maaitjie, in die se VW Fox, wat die ander helfte ongelukkige eerste jaars moes stoot!!
    Ek dink hy het die sunroof oopgemaak om in die Baja te pas. Daar was goeie tye, maar Jool was wild!
    Ja, Kobus is toe met Belinda getroud, hulle bly onder innie Kaap, so paar jaar terug getrek van Heidelberg af. Belinda was my Blond (Mariza) se rooms gewees.

Skuus, ook BAIE Offtopic
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    Half way through them stack of beer:

Daaaammmes, se my vat julle naaaame is, my Naaamme is Adrianuuuss..............

Enjoy!
    Oi !

You dont have to wait to get through half a meter of beer to play such a classic

Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

FJ: One day when I am big

Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    I want to go to badplaas 7-10 Jan 2015. Hope that most of the noisy campers have left by then.
    You called that gambling

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Oi !

You dont have to wait to get through half a meter of beer to play such a classic

Thanks guys, it’s been a few days since I first read this fred, and this ‘classic’ is still stuck in my head
    1998 Defender 90 TDi 300 for Africa.
    2014 Ford Fiesta 1L EcoBoost petrol for Europe.

Swambo and I have a little travel blog: https://www.thetravellingchilli.com

We had the same crap on saturday night at Kromklip near Lydenburg. It was the worst camp of my life! Shame swambo thought she did good to book this 'safari tent' for my birthday yesterday. Upon arrival there was a hectic party and entertainment at the pool area. This I didnt mind. But you could feel it in the air that we didnt fit in. When the pool party stopped there was an announcement that all music should be dead by 21:00. Just the fact that this had to be announced had me worried. So the pool party goers returned to their tents shortly after. Then the party started! Music lasted until after midnight, not on a R100 blutoof speaker, but more of a PA sytem than a hifi! All the popular hits as mentioned here and some more. Drunken 'ladies' singing and shouting / screaming with the men trying to compete. In the late afternoon a crowd returned from the 4x4 track sporting older model Hiluxes and pajeros that have clearly been 'lekker souped up' revving, hooting and spinning in the campsite. The utensils were were super dirty, the bed was a pile of springs, the safari tent didnt have a plug point to charge a phone, the lights burnt out at the db during the thunderstorm. They have a flex cable running 5cm below the grass suppling light to the tents. Ablutions are horrid! We left at 7am as soon as the gates opened.
    20 Ranger Supercab 2.2 auto XLS 4x4
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

17 Ranger Supercab Tdci (Sold)
    97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)

Shady we need feedback ..... maybe Shady's still trying to find his tent after Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post
    Ek was 4 jaar in Potch. Die dam was euwel.
    Dis waar ons pel "Seesiek" sy kop oopgekloof het toe ky gedink het dit is diep genoeg om in die dam in te duik, waar "Tientoon" vir die polisie weggejaag het en hulle hom by die koshuis geskraap het. Ons is toegesluit omdat ons 'n Checkers waentjie gebruik het as 'n trailer.

Bourbon Street...wag, ek stop net daar....
    een keer n visvang naweek daar gehad. Was 10 uur die saterdag aand "dorp" toe, met bol dip vingers, vis hande, vuil broeke en my pel kaalvoet. Bourbon street raak geloop en die res kan ek nie onthou nie. Ek lewe darem vandag

i'm not much of the camper,but if i go, there are 100's of farms
    with sizes of 1000 hectares or more where one can be alone.

Shady het homself mis gedrink...

Foon is soek en mamma is al huis toe sonder hom
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFrontier View Post
    Read the camp rules more carefully next time.

Many camps down here now ban any type of music, even guitars around the camp fire.

4x4 campsites are also usually a safer bet. It keeps the mobile boomboxes out.

Now, just to find a solutions to the MORONS that pitch up with floodlights and leave them on when they go to sleep! Maybe a WinMag will help!
    Hoor Hoor! That was mybiggest problem at Badplaas. No loud music or screaming babies but campsites set up like mini-cities with floodlights blazing through the night...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustbin View Post
    I just returned from a camping week end..at Badplaas

Everything was fine, but these damn campers that come camping with pikaniens... Why cant the camp managers make camps for 2 kinds of people....
    Those with screaming kids and those without!!!

I mean I just want some nice rustige atmosphere and play some background music and there's this damn kid screaming all night... forcing me to put my music louder, just to hear Steve sing something...

The gall of some campers!!!
    @Dustbin.....LoL.......good point !...

I really did not think that there would be that much response to this! So without further ado, here is what transpired:

Sure enough, the music arrived. I was shocked. It was calm... it was serene, it was music- no, infact, it was sounds! Sounds, that you play when you can't sleep. Birds chirping, wind through the trees, hell, I could even hear the sea!

Just when I started to think those beers were non alcoholic, or maybe "lites", some new friends showed up. I pictured them making their appearance in a 2L Ford Cortina, but no, .... they arrived through the sound system. The two leading the pack? It was Steve and Kurt.
    And then I knew.. Hier kom n ding....

Now I'm a soutie, (mostly), and I knew I was about to get a lesson in right wing AFRIKAAAAANERRRR music.

Steve , (assuming he is a vegetarian? ) sang something about a pumpkin.

Some other Jan dude sang about his love(in Afrikaans) for cheese and ladies brassieres.

Some other chap was desperately trying to get some Carina chick to dance with him, but I don't think she wanted to despite his empty threats. Because every time he says "ek vra jou nog nog n laaste keer", then he just asks her again and again! I found myself desperately trying not to shout for her to just dance with him so we could get that song over with! I guess you can't fault him for persistence.... except when you're trying to sleep....

I knew something had to be done when I found myself singing along to: "ooo ek wil huis toe gaan na mamma toe"

Like many here predicted, some of the other tunes came out like that one about the buck in a red dress? Dames, en sy Anus? , and "boerepompie". I'm still trying to understand if that's actually a musical instrument, a wind pump, or a sex move...

And then!

The wind picked up. A lot. Mother nature was evening the score. They tried to compete. They put more wood on the fire, they turned double brannas into trips and then even into full houses. They turned the cheap PA system even louder, and called up Laurika en haar kinders van die wind, but to no avail. When the first gazeebo got blown in sy movie in and down the valley and into the distant mountains, I knew it was all over. Mother nature had won. And the rain that fell, drowned out Janie shouting at Sanie and all became bliss once more...

And that was night one...

Shame Man, must have been hell

For Them

LOVE your Post!!
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2019/11/25 at 05:33 PM.
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

Continue to night 2
    Can not wait anymore

Franna
    Swambo= Porsche Boxster
    Myself= Triton 3.2 Auto.... Cirrus Inter-cooler,63 mm Powerflo Exhaust and Unichip installed/Tuned by KSD
    Imagine Trailvan 4x4 caravan.

Quote Originally Posted by LandyLove View Post
    We had the same crap on saturday night at Kromklip near Lydenburg. It was the worst camp of my life! Shame swambo thought she did good to book this 'safari tent' for my birthday yesterday. Upon arrival there was a hectic party and entertainment at the pool area. This I didnt mind. But you could feel it in the air that we didnt fit in. When the pool party stopped there was an announcement that all music should be dead by 21:00. Just the fact that this had to be announced had me worried. So the pool party goers returned to their tents shortly after. Then the party started! Music lasted until after midnight, not on a R100 blutoof speaker, but more of a PA sytem than a hifi! All the popular hits as mentioned here and some more. Drunken 'ladies' singing and shouting / screaming with the men trying to compete. In the late afternoon a crowd returned from the 4x4 track sporting older model Hiluxes and pajeros that have clearly been 'lekker souped up' revving, hooting and spinning in the campsite. The utensils were were super dirty, the bed was a pile of springs, the safari tent didnt have a plug point to charge a phone, the lights burnt out at the db during the thunderstorm. They have a flex cable running 5cm below the grass suppling light to the tents. Ablutions are horrid! We left at 7am as soon as the gates opened.
    As long as you don't blame the wife
    Last edited by Prof; 2019/11/25 at 07:12 PM. Reason: sprlling
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

I felt your pain, but that was a very sharp post and I had a good giggle. With the suspense created, you have to continue "Part Deux"!!

If you can't beat them join them.

Fortunate that one can pack up and bugger off home and write about the horrible experience on a forum. I unfortunately live next to people like these, "onse Afrikaner mense"

Yes I know one shouldn't judge, it is a problem for me though as an Afrikaans speaking white South African who gets tarred with the same brush as these people. It makes me cringe deep down into the last vestiges of my soul.

Skaam my dood.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    Fortunate that one can pack up and bugger off home and write about the horrible experience on a forum. I unfortunately live next to people like these, "onse Afrikaner mense"

Yes I know one shouldn't judge, it is a problem for me though as an Afrikaans speaking white South African who gets tarred with the same brush as these people. It makes me cringe deep down into the last vestiges of my soul.

Skaam my dood.
    a while back I fetched my sisters kids from school, the 10 year old asked "oom, het julle noisy neighbours" ... not having kids I thought she was referring to a movie which obviously i dont have. She said "nee, noisy neighbours, soos geraas" .... I said no, we actually have very quiet neighbours .... she then said, "dan is julle die noisy neighbours, daar's altyd noisy neighbours"

I'm still wrestling with what she said ....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast