Farmer's Mate jump starter with inverter and...

Default Farmer's Mate jump starter with inverter and...

... a whole host of other extras: http://www.maptrail.co.za//index.php...9f0fb87a2892f0. I just need the battery pack and inverter, but the price seems very good. Normal price is R599 (ignore price in link), but Map & Trail is offering a 10% discount on everything in the shop that is not already on special until the end of the month, i.o.w. it is now approx. R540.

Does anyone else have one of these? I know a club mate has one, but I can't remember who exactly; just saw it under someone's awning sometime last year and he said it was working quite well as a battery pack.

that site doesnt clarify enough for me.

i have one of these, but mine is a 12v sealed battery, ( only 9ah), with 3v, 6v , 9v and 12v outputs. it also has a light on it..

Black and decker have a unit at Makro, where you can also use it to jump start your car.

is the one on the site larger ( ie maybe a 102ah battery), i cant tell, and where is the inverter, what specs are those...

ya, as you say, wait for the member on the forum that has one...

Yep, their site is cringingly uninformative, isn't it? Sad to see a useful marketing tool like the Internet being used so inefficiently...

Anyway, according to the box it delivers 500W of power and the inverter is also 500W, which is very good at that price, even for just an inverter. This is obviously a lot bulkier than a pure inverter, but that's only logical, I'd say. I'm not sure about the specs of the battery itself, unfortunately.

Edit: I'm not sure if the club mate I referred to is registered here as well; he is a member of the 4WDC of SA (WC) though.
    Edit #2: Oh, and iirc they say it can be used to jump 12V and 24V batteries. What kind of vehicle runs on 24V?! Isn't that only graders and 'dozers and stuff like that?
    Last edited by stadleroux; 2008/06/10 at 03:37 PM.