what have you done with / to your Range Rover (Big Body) today - Page 3





Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 405
  1. #41
    2beFree Guest

    Default

    Darn you guys are boring; nothing happening here. Not even Mr Bosch is doing anything

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 98

    Default

    I had a nice new touch screen radio fitted to mine. Works much better than the old BMW based system!

    How's that for not being boring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-16 06.11.25.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	343446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-16 06.10.43.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	343447  
    Pajero Sport 3.2 donkey with some Stofpad protection and a software upgrade

  3. #43
    2beFree Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimma View Post
    I had a nice new touch screen radio fitted to mine. Works much better than the old BMW based system!

    How's that for not being boring


    Terence, nice one. What YM is your RR?

    Take it the RR is less finicky than the D3 HSE if you are able to replace the head unit.

    Do you still have access to the standard features and what new features did you gain?
    Last edited by 2beFree; 2015/04/16 at 07:31 AM. Reason: removal of a "r"

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 98

    Default

    Mine is an 04 HSE

    The system is designed to replace the BMW system, so the plugs, fittings etc are compatible. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to work with the Bose system, but it's mostly sorted now.

    I have gained a reverse camera with PDC integrated (although they need to fit a new camera under warrantee)
    It's a very nice touch screen system with MP3 (big deal you might say, but the original system didn't! ), ipod, USB, bluetooth, navigation (which old unit had, but this is a million times better )

    On the whole I'm very happy with it, and it makes the whole car feel a lot more up to date.
    Pajero Sport 3.2 donkey with some Stofpad protection and a software upgrade

  5. #45
    2beFree Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimma View Post
    Mine is an 04 HSE

    The system is designed to replace the BMW system, so the plugs, fittings etc are compatible. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to work with the Bose system, but it's mostly sorted now.

    I have gained a reverse camera with PDC integrated (although they need to fit a new camera under warrantee)
    It's a very nice touch screen system with MP3 (big deal you might say, but the original system didn't! ), ipod, USB, bluetooth, navigation (which old unit had, but this is a million times better )

    On the whole I'm very happy with it, and it makes the whole car feel a lot more up to date.
    That is indeed quite a bit you gained. Thanks Terence
    Last edited by 2beFree; 2015/04/17 at 04:05 AM. Reason: r to t

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    That is indeed quite a bit you gained. Thanks Terence
    I forgot to add, (I think) I've lost the ability to reset the fuel consumption. But since I bought the car last year it was way out anyway, so not that much of an issue for me. Used to tell me I was getting 16L/100km, when I was in fact doing 20. I've got the installers coming back in a week or so to fit a new reverse camera and sort out one or 2 things, so will find out then.

    The main thing that I wanted with this system was to be able to play music and have a decent navigation system!
    Pajero Sport 3.2 donkey with some Stofpad protection and a software upgrade

  7. #47
    2beFree Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimma View Post
    I forgot to add, (I think) I've lost the ability to reset the fuel consumption. But since I bought the car last year it was way out anyway, so not that much of an issue for me. Used to tell me I was getting 16L/100km, when I was in fact doing 20. I've got the installers coming back in a week or so to fit a new reverse camera and sort out one or 2 things, so will find out then.

    The main thing that I wanted with this system was to be able to play music and have a decent navigation system!
    and father Christmas delivered.

    Interesting...Can the consumption not be reset on the instrument cluster?

  8. #48
    2beFree Guest

    Default

    Can someone please PM me on where to look for the beep beep cancer device? Will be appreciated.

    Oh gave him a good foam bath.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnitos View Post
    a sound clip of the Eurospeed exhaust
    Oh that does sound really good!

    I got told by someone the other day that mine sounds a bit too quiet and that they can't really hear the V8. This after I'd convinced myself that it was loud enough and that I could hear the V8 snarl whenever I accelerated.

    I've now got exhaust envy.... Thanks.
    Pajero Sport 3.2 donkey with some Stofpad protection and a software upgrade

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,297
    Thanked: 360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimma View Post
    Oh that does sound really good!

    I got told by someone the other day that mine sounds a bit too quiet and that they can't really hear the V8. This after I'd convinced myself that it was loud enough and that I could hear the V8 snarl whenever I accelerated.

    I've now got exhaust envy.... Thanks.
    I have to agree Terence, that one of yours sounds like casper the friendly ghost...
    Ross

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanked: 139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimma View Post
    Oh that does sound really good!

    I got told by someone the other day that mine sounds a bit too quiet and that they can't really hear the V8. This after I'd convinced myself that it was loud enough and that I could hear the V8 snarl whenever I accelerated.

    I've now got exhaust envy.... Thanks.
    Why would you want a snarl if you can have a proper deep bass sound and ...






































    It sounds a lot better in real life

    2007 Disco3 (SWAMBO)
    2004 Merc platkar (SWAMBO) - no more
    gti-eater (opel gte)

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RMackay View Post
    I have to agree Terence, that one of yours sounds like casper the friendly ghost...
    I know hey! It's like a paltry little 4 pot.

    But seriously, stop making it harder for me. Did you forget that I quit my job and my wife will have my balls if I run off and go have some exhaust work done
    Pajero Sport 3.2 donkey with some Stofpad protection and a software upgrade

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanked: 139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimma View Post
    I know hey! It's like a paltry little 4 pot.

    But seriously, stop making it harder for me. Did you forget that I quit my job and my wife will have my balls if I run off and go have some exhaust work done
    didnt you say you moving to a new job ...





















    working on SWAMBO's nerves

    2007 Disco3 (SWAMBO)
    2004 Merc platkar (SWAMBO) - no more
    gti-eater (opel gte)

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanked: 139

    Default

    replaced rear brake pads and sensor in preparation of a road trip - yeah

    2007 Disco3 (SWAMBO)
    2004 Merc platkar (SWAMBO) - no more
    gti-eater (opel gte)

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    45
    Posts
    506
    Thanked: 154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnitos View Post
    replaced rear brake pads and sensor in preparation of a road trip - yeah
    Will also be embarking on a trip next week. Range Rover is currently with Walter for some love.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnitos View Post
    didnt you say you moving to a new job ...





















    working on SWAMBO's nerves
    I think she's quite looking forward to me getting back to work of some sorts very soon
    Pajero Sport 3.2 donkey with some Stofpad protection and a software upgrade

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pretoria and Zürich/Switzerland
    Age
    66
    Posts
    6,981
    Thanked: 451

    Default

    Currently fixing the driver's seat memory ECU (replace with new from LR) and fitting a new seat side panel.

    Yesterday fixed the tailgate high brake light with a "new" one from the breaker's yard.

    Still waiting for the Satnav MkIV unit to arrive. Can't wait to have 3D navigation my 2003 RR.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

    Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png


    Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

  18. #58
    2beFree Guest

    Default No more grey

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150501_174037.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	345404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150501_174125.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	345405  
    Last edited by 2beFree; 2015/05/02 at 07:49 AM.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    New grill and headlights? Looks very cool
    Pajero Sport 3.2 donkey with some Stofpad protection and a software upgrade

  20. #60
    2beFree Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimma View Post
    New grill and headlights? Looks very cool
    Thanks Terence.

    Same grill, same headlights. Just a bit of sweat and ...


    an all new look

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2015/01/04, 04:27 PM
  2. Reach for a dream 8 March 2014
    By RangeRover in forum Gauteng
    Replies: 439
    Last Post: 2014/06/02, 01:24 PM
  3. Range Rover classic body pannela
    By RangeRover in forum Land Rover
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2012/11/12, 05:16 PM
  4. Range Rover Classic Body Mounting Rubbers
    By Stubbzie in forum Land Rover
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2011/10/04, 08:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •