Mitsu Section Threads/Posts Leader

Default Mitsu Section Threads/Posts Leader

I just noticed that the Mitsu section has moved into the lead in terms of the number of threads and posts in the vehicle chat area. The most active brand specific sections seem to be Mitsu, Jeep, Toy and Land Rover. I suppose this bit of trivia does not mean much, but it might be interesting to speculate on the reasons...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gerrit Loubser; 2008/06/06 at 10:49 AM.
    Gerrit Loubser
    Richards Bay

Land Cruiser HDJ100

Interesting, although I think that the only reason for this is that the folowing vehicle makes all have their 'own' specific forum in South Africa:

Toyota - Land Cruiser Forum
    Nissan - Nissan4x4 forum
    Land Rover - ZALRO forum

Also it migh just mean that us Mitsu drivers are just big chatters

CATs
    2015 VW Transporter T5.1 132kw 4motion DSG - (Shrek) My Bush-Bus
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Cats View Post
    Also it migh just mean that us Mitsu drivers are just big chatters
    No it just means most of our discussion are relevant and on topic, rather than everyone chatting in the pub and general chat

What would happen to the Toyoya stats if you take away the Fortuner questions thread
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Derren Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cats View Post
    Toyota - Land Cruiser Forum
    Hmmm... that is for Land Cruiser owners and wannabe Cruiser owners. I take offence to being implied that as a Toyota owner I chat on that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Derren View Post
    I take offence to being implied that as a Toyota owner I chat on that place.
    Derren, there is also the Hilux Forum for those that have conscientious objections against the Land Cruiser Club of SA Forum, so does that mean that most of the contributors to the Toy section here are the chatty Frot-tuna dudes?

The Nissan 4x4 Forum, while a very interesting forum with worthwhile contributions is not particularly active.

The Isuzu Offroad Club Forum is another nice local forum showing good activity levels. They seem to be attracting all the I-seize-u guys.

Landy owners seem to have several virtual homes. It even seems like most of the guys who are still active on the old 4xForum are guys with the Landie Gland.
    Gerrit Loubser
    Richards Bay

Land Cruiser HDJ100

Derren Guest

Rofl ;d
    Last edited by Derren; 2008/06/06 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Forum bug. I give up... where are my smileys and why is my text being changed.... grrrr!

Arie Guest

Simon, me thinks the Mitsu owners feel threatened by the Fortuner... Or, might they just be jealous...

Now why did I think that the vehicle make with the most posts/threads are the ones with the most complaints or problems. I must of had a "I-SEIZE-YOU" moment in my only working brain cell.
    98 Hilux 2.8D D/C 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Arie View Post
    me thinks the Mitsu owners feel threatened by the Fortuner... Or, might they just be jealous...
    Nah, not threatened or jealous. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with the Hilux Estate (we won't mention the moose pooh that resulted from the elk test).
    Gerrit Loubser
    Richards Bay

Land Cruiser HDJ100

4ePajero Guest

Simon, me thinks the Mitsu owners feel threatened by the Fortuner... Or, might they just be jealous...
    Enjoy the monopoly it has until the Challenger arrives!

IAC, this thread is about Mitsus, not Cruizer-Wannabies!

Arie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 4ePajero View Post
    Enjoy the monopoly it has until the Challenger arrives!

IAC, this thread is about Mitsus, not Cruizer-Wannabies!

The "monopoly" a sign of acknowledgement??

I hope the Challenger is a worthy opponent. Big boots too fill, After all it will unfortunately be compared to it's bigger brother , the Pajero.

Quote Originally Posted by wiel View Post
    Now why did I think that the vehicle make with the most posts/threads are the ones with the most complaints or problems.
    Interesting theory. I don't think it is true, but let's assume it is for the moment and have a look at the thread/post count in the workshop section of the Isuzu Offroad Club Forum.:

Jokes aside. I actually have a lot of respect for the Suzies, especially the Trooper (why did they discontinue it?). If I were in the market for a bakkie, I would have a good look at a Suzie.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gerrit Loubser; 2008/06/06 at 04:51 PM.
    Gerrit Loubser
    Richards Bay

Land Cruiser HDJ100

4ePajero Guest

The "monopoly" a sign of acknowledgement??
    Not at all - just facts!
    There are no other bakkie-station wagons available, that I'm aware of.

Big boots too fill, After all it will unfortunately be compared to it's bigger brother , the Pajero.
    How does the Fortuner fare when it is compared to it's bigger brother, the Cruiser 200?

Quote Originally Posted by 4ePajero View Post
    How does the Fortuner fare when it is compared to it's bigger brother, the Cruiser 200?
    Frot-Tuna's big bro is the Prado; Cruiser 200 is a fat uncle (aangetroude familie). There are other uncles on that side of the family that are actually quite mean (60 Series, 70 Series, 80 Series, 100 Series GX) and a grandpa that is hard as nails (40 Series).
    Gerrit Loubser
    Richards Bay

Land Cruiser HDJ100

Default Croud applus

Well, I followed salloon cars closely during my young days and now beeing the happy owner of a Colt, purchased on advice from friends, the Mitsis outnumber the others as 1 Jeep, 6 Colts & 2 Nissans. This is becoming the trend and Spike is not even included in these numbers. The Jeep is capable, but the Nissan Sani & Co normally have a touph time without difflock (the typical swear word)..8)

Or we are the dumbest bunch on the forum and constantly need advice like how do you switch the lights on etc etc