Massive Light Bar clearance sale !! Free pair of Side mounts

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Massive Light Bar clearance sale !! Free pair of Side mounts

We have a clearance sale on our 2014 Light Bars as we will be starting our new 2015 range soon !

FREE SET OF SIDE MOUNT BRACKETS WORTH R 395.00 With the 270w and 330w

http://www.extremelights.co.za/produ...ed-light-bars/

270W 24300 Real Lumen Was R 7995.00 now only R 6495.00 (Plus Free set of Side mounts)

330W 29700 Real Lumen Was R 9750.00 now only R 7495.00 (Plus Free set of Side mounts)

Our New Ultra Compact LED Light Bars are designed to throw more light further with less flood. This is accomplished by using high quality Lens optics. The lenses are needle pin spot which shapes more light into a beam. Contrary to reflector type lights that often suffer from over flooding the immediate area, which reduces your night vision.

The Ultra Compact design is 30% more compact than our previous design. We have also improved the mounting brackets, making it easier to mount on your vehicle. Optional side mount available

Super bright, high power LED light bars, which are equipped with 10W Cree XM-L and the latest XM-L2 LED’s.
    All of the lights have been designed to be used on vehicles and can work on 12VDC or 24VDC. They are rated IP67 and can sustain anything nature can throw at them.

Bar Lights come with a standard 1 year warranty.

Last edited by ExtremeLights; 2015/02/03 at 01:32 PM.

Only a few left !!

Lensed L2 LED Light Bar, 270W 24300Lumen
    R 7,995.00 R 6,495.00
    Only 1 left in stock
    Light Up Your Adventures with Extreme Lights TM
    Cycling, Trail running, Motor Biking, Diving and much more.
    www.extremelights.co.za/

Do the light-bars have the E or E1 marking?
    Deon

If you can't fix it with a hammer,you have an electrical problem...

Quote Originally Posted by dcsmax View Post
    Do the light-bars have the E or E1 marking?
    Hi dcsmax, are you referring to the european e-markings?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre2014 View Post
    Hi dcsmax, are you referring to the european e-markings?
    Hi Andre, with other threads doing the rounds regarding legality that is what dcsmax would be looking for, alternatively - SABS Stamp.
    Stay Safe
    Disco-Deon
    This morning I woke up,
    Making today a great day.
    Nerdy, 2011 Honda Jazz, 1500 Exc

Yes. André. As Deon was saying.
    It basically ties into the legality of having those lovely pieces of equipment.
    Deon

Hi Deon

We sell "secondary off road " lights and therefore don't need to have a e-mark on them.

Hi Deon

We sell "secondary off road " lights and therefore don't need to have a e-mark on them.
    Not even a sabs mark?
    Deon

Which effectively means they are not permitted to be FITTED to a vehicle used on public roads in South Africa. Pity...
    Stay Safe
    Disco-Deon
    This morning I woke up,

Duplicate - internet going mad again
    Stay Safe
    Disco-Deon
    This morning I woke up,

Hi Deon We sell "secondary off road " lights and therefore don't need to have a e-mark on them.
    What exactly is a "secondary off road" light.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco-Deon View Post
    Which effectively means they are not permitted to be FITTED to a vehicle used on public roads in South Africa. Pity...
    Very unfortunate. Especially as the nrta specifically talks about fitted.......

Wonder how a company would deal with a claim from a prosecuted customer (possibly not informed) as per the credit act?
    Last edited by dcsmax; 2014/11/20 at 09:30 PM.
    Deon

We have the following certifications for our light bars:

Type approval for E9-10R-04.1527

Conformance Certificates
    EN55015:2006 + A1:2007 + A2:2009
    EN61000-3-2:2006 +A1:2009+A2:2009, EN61000-3-3:2008
    EN61547:2009
    EN61000-4-2:2009, EN61000-4-3: 2006+A1:2008+A2:2010
    EN61000-4-4:2012, EN 61000-4-5:2006
    EN61000-4-6:2009, EN61000-4-8:2010,EN61000-4-11:2004

The friendly people at NRCS has visit us a on a few occasions for spot inspections. Our shipments are regularly stopped by the NRCS for inspections and we have had not issue with them to date. I can just assume that customs and the NRCS are receiving a few anonymous tip-off from some of our competitors.

According to the NRCS VC8050.pdf which they suggested, our lights do not have to have the markings.

But we have voluntary add the marking according to SABS 1376-3_2006 4.1. The only part we do not comply with is the 4.2 supplementary symbols. For very logical reasons.
    Last edited by HannesZ; 2014/11/21 at 12:02 PM.
    www.extremelights.co.za/

@HannesZ. Please explain the "very logical reasons"

2007 Disco3 (SWAMBO)
    2004 Merc platkar (SWAMBO) - no more
    gti-eater (opel gte)

Quote Originally Posted by vnitos View Post
    @HannesZ. Please explain the "very logical reasons"

In terms of the National Road Traffic Act, you may only operate a vehicle on a public road if it is roadworthy.

SABS 047 of 2000 "South African Code of practice for the testing of motor vehicles for roadworthiness.

In Section 5.59 Lamps and lighting, Subclause 5.59.1 General states the following :

"Reject if

(d) any lamp other than one authorized in terms of the NRTA&R or the RTA&R is fitted"

Subclause 5.59.2 Headlamps, states the following :

"Reject if

(a) the centre of any headlamp is less than 450mm or more than 1.4m from ground level, or more than 500mm behind the front end of the vehicle, or
    (c) there are more than three headlamps or more than one dipped-beam headlamp on each side of the longitudinal centre-line of the vehicle, or
    (e) headlamp beams are not of similar intensity, or
    (h) any lamp is fitted with a lens of clear material, unless the lamp has other means of preventing dazzle...

According point (d) and (h) all after market lights are illegal. The standard is clearly very outdated and not being applied.

In fact all HID/LED light are illegal as well. even the ones fitted to production cars in according ot SAN 1376.

All cars fitted with after market day time running lights are illegal depending on which standard you read or your interpretation. See above (c)

This makes a lot of cars that are on the road unroadworthy. Many of them are standard production models.
    www.extremelights.co.za/

Considering this thread and other related threads - I am of the opinion that Light Bars are extremely overpriced by at least 150%

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    Considering this thread and other related threads - I am of the opinion that Light Bars are extremely overpriced by at least 150%
    I think that is also true for most other products. Like cars, TV's etc.

I was of the same opinion when I started importing LED light bars. I soon realized that it is not just about the LED's it self. There is an assortment of cheap led light bars available. And they are cheap for a very good reason I discovered. That saying: "You get what you pay for" is true.

When you sit in another country and sell aboard you can write what you like and really don't have to provide any support. Sitting in the same country does not give you that protection.

I can't buy in the cheap stuff. I must make sure the product is going to hold up against what ever nature can throw at them. If not you soon lose what ever profit you have made.

With the rand de-evaluating against the dollar I started investigating having the lights made in ZA. We move a large amount of units and I thought on an order of 1000 units we should be able to match the import cost. O was I wrong. it looks like the rand needs to go to about R30-R40/dollar before the cost is the same.

Anyway the points I want to make is
    1. Going cheaper is an option but it will come at a cost of something.
    2. There is more too a light bar than what is apparent. The material and manyfactering cost is a lot higher
    www.extremelights.co.za/

Quote Originally Posted by HannesZ View Post
    I think that is also true for most other products. Like cars, TV's etc. I was of the same opinion when I started importing LED light bars. I soon realized that it is not just about the LED's it self. There is an assortment of cheap led light bars available. And they are cheap for a very good reason I discovered. That saying: "You get what you pay for" is true. When you sit in another country and sell aboard you can write what you like and really don't have to provide any support. Sitting in the same country does not give you that protection. I can't buy in the cheap stuff. I must make sure the product is going to hold up against what ever nature can throw at them. If not you soon lose what ever profit you have made. With the rand de-evaluating against the dollar I started investigating having the lights made in ZA. We move a large amount of units and I thought on an order of 1000 units we should be able to match the import cost. O was I wrong. it looks like the rand needs to go to about R30-R40/dollar before the cost is the same. Anyway the points I want to make is 1. Going cheaper is an option but it will come at a cost of something. 2. There is more too a light bar than what is apparent. The material and manyfactering cost is a lot higher
    ..but it is illegal to fit these light bars to a vehicle and I think that is the difference here.

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    What exactly is a "secondary off road" light.
    secondary :

adjective: secondary; adjective: Secondary
    1. 1.
      coming after, less important than, or resulting from someone or something else that is primary.

off road:

adverb

adverb: off-road; adverb: offroad
    1. 1.
      away from the road; on rough terrain.

So I would think, lights that you would use not as your main lights, not on the road, but rather off the road...

That all being said, I still find these prices too high... Rather buy from Amazon or similar
    Last edited by unrealchris; 2014/11/24 at 07:50 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast