Dijara Campsite - Mababe - Page 6

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sorry been out of coms for a while .yes the Khwai drive and also the top end of the depression .

Quote Originally Posted by Francois111 View Post
    You can drive to kwai and come back along the river to Dijara. Very nice drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma 130 ADJ View Post
    Sorry been out of coms for a while .yes the Khwai drive and also the top end of the depression .
    Something like this?
    Only 1 vehicle ok?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fortuner 2.8 GD6
    LC 76 SW (Sold )
    Everybody needs to believe in something.... I believe I will have another Beer!

Travel Blog: https://since1652.wordpress.com/

Correct ... Easy drive, depends I suppose on time year. You can turn left on that first transit road as well.
    Francois

Default Dijara Campsite - Mababe

Turn left back to main road on that pankwa waterhole road. The road going straight from there is a dead end few kilometers down from that turn off.
    Last edited by Francois111; 2015/07/29 at 09:15 AM.
    Francois

Thanks..... Looks like I'm going to have to take a jerry can with then...
    Fortuner 2.8 GD6
    LC 76 SW (Sold )

Thanks Andre & Francois, @ Papsak is that image from T4A?
    Last edited by fordshark; 2015/07/29 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fordshark View Post
    Thanks Andre & Francois, @ Papsak is that image from T4A?
    Like I said to Morne that is a very outdated T4 map.Will show you other routes .

Quote Originally Posted by Papsak View Post
    Something like this?
    Only 1 vehicle ok?

Nope, afraid.
    The bottom section from the fire break towards the East and following the Khwai is no longer open for the public and barred off by official "Chobe NP boundary" signage.

Close for a good few years, that is.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Default Dijara Campsite - Mababe

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Nope, afraid.

The bottom section from the fire break towards the East and following the Khwai is no longer open for the public and barred off by official "Chobe NP boundary" signage.

Close for a good few years, that is.

I have done that route 3 weeks ago.... Not closed off and find other vehicles on that route as well. From kwai all the way along the river and then left on that pankwa road to the main road.
    Last edited by Francois111; 2015/07/29 at 06:55 PM.
    Francois

Like I said to Morne that is a very outdated T4 map.Will show you other routes .
    Yes it is T4A, but a very old version. I will be updating soon. And André will show us some special places! Also this was put together just to give an idea... Like I have said in another thread... Go there, drive it, sort any issues as you go... Don't over analyze. I put routes together on Basecamp just to get an idea re what I need to plan fuel wise.
    Fortuner 2.8 GD6
    LC 76 SW (Sold )

This is the one we have done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Francois

This is the one we have done.
    Hi Francois, something is wrong with this file and cannot open.
    Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 aka "Skillie"

Previous : Defender 2006 TDI aka "Slakkie"

Andre ,Botsboy is correct in saying add 30min ,at present I do hour 45 min ,but by Sept you could do anything up to 3 hours ,road gets very bad that time as they do not grade in the dry season ,but will let you know closer to the time on road condition !!
    Hi André, we are leaving early next week enroute to your place. Just hear good things about Dijara and the MD (especially regarding braai wood. How is the road condition currently coming from Maun. Is it also possible to forward me the GPS co-ordinates of that water crossing before Mabebe Village. How is the meat situation now; will I be able to bring red meat with from Maun?
    Last edited by AndreTunie; 2015/08/15 at 08:39 AM.

Dagse Andre.

Is dit dalk moontlik om n tipe van n kaart vir die forum te post waar jy aandui watse paaie vir wildsritte gery kan word. Paaie soos bo kwai. Dink baie mense wonder of Dijara beter sal wees as net n een nag stop en of die kamp hom uitleen as n destinasie op sy eie. Ek self wil meer as een nag daar kom bly in Desember maar is nog onseker oor al die roetes wat mens kan ry vir wild om die kamp. n plek soos bv Linyanti is vir my n een nag stop net omdat daar baie min roetes is waar mens kan ry ma wat n mooi kamp.

Dankie

Quote Originally Posted by AndreTunie View Post
    Hi André, we are leaving early next week enroute to your place. Just hear good things about Dijara and the MD (especially regarding braai wood. How is the road condition currently coming from Maun. Is it also possible to forward me the GPS co-ordinates of that water crossing before Mabebe Village. How is the meat situation now; will I be able to bring red meat with from Maun?
    Andre I just sent you a PM .

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel9 View Post
    Dagse Andre.

Is dit dalk moontlik om n tipe van n kaart vir die forum te post waar jy aandui watse paaie vir wildsritte gery kan word. Paaie soos bo kwai. Dink baie mense wonder of Dijara beter sal wees as net n een nag stop en of die kamp hom uitleen as n destinasie op sy eie. Ek self wil meer as een nag daar kom bly in Desember maar is nog onseker oor al die roetes wat mens kan ry vir wild om die kamp. n plek soos bv Linyanti is vir my n een nag stop net omdat daar baie min roetes is waar mens kan ry ma wat n mooi kamp.

Dankie
    Hello daar ons is besig om op so kaart te werk sal binnekort op die forum verskyn .Dankie .

Quote Originally Posted by AndreTunie View Post
    How is the road condition currently coming from Maun. Is it also possible to forward me the GPS co-ordinates of that water crossing before Mabebe Village. How is the meat situation now; will I be able to bring red meat with from Maun?
    You can take meat into the area. From my experience, do not buy meat at Spar. I gave mine to a stray dog. Inedible I tell you. Rather try Rileys.

Road condition is fair. Keep as far to the left of the road as possible for most of the time. Some places you will have to go to the center, but then move back to the side again.

Do not do the water crossing. 2 weeks ago the tally was up to 5 crossings. Rather take the detour. It starts 3,2 km before the turnoff to Dijara, so about 3km before the steel bridge. As for the detour, keep left going there. One track, if you select right, is quite challenging if you tow a caravan, but OK without.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1 View Post
    What is the distance between Maun and Dijara campsite and what would the average travel time be?
    2 hours, as stated by Tara. Can be done in an hour and a half, but that would be hauling ass. I did one trip back from Maun in 1H30m, but the TC was working overtime. That means you try and maintain an average of 70km/h.

I have done that route 3 weeks ago.... Not closed off and find other vehicles on that route as well. From kwai all the way along the river and then left on that pankwa road to the main road.
    I doubt that you have gone further than the cutline in the centre of the graphic, first it is overgrown and was submerged for a good few months, second there are clear "no entry" signs for Chobe Nat Park displayed.

But "yes" you can do the stretch along the Khwai passing Maghoto then turn left (N) about 100 meters after the hippo pool.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Farquart View Post
    You can take meat into the area. From my experience, do not buy meat at Spar. I gave mine to a stray dog. Inedible I tell you. Rather try Rileys.

Road condition is fair. Keep as far to the left of the road as possible for most of the time. Some places you will have to go to the center, but then move back to the side again.

Do not do the water crossing. 2 weeks ago the tally was up to 5 crossings. Rather take the detour. It starts 3,2 km before the turnoff to Dijara, so about 3km before the steel bridge. As for the detour, keep left going there. One track, if you select right, is quite challenging if you tow a caravan, but OK without.
    Thanks. Yes, I also had my bad luck with Spar meat. Afterwards I always buy at Delta Deli at Rileys. Thanks for the other info. On my way tomorrow

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast