Mana Pools: Gwaya, Nkupe or Mucheni 3

Default Mana Pools: Gwaya, Nkupe or Mucheni 3

We have a week and these are the only 3 campsites available - which should we choose if these are are our priorities:

[1] Privacy (from other humans).
    [2] Setting (needs good/epic view).
    [3] Game-watching from campsite.

Facilities not important.

Mucheni 3 is probably the most popular with good reason. Local lion pride prominent, great situation on the river, nice open area surrounding lovely Ana trees. Lots of game traffic adjacent to the camp.

Nkupe also good. If I am not mistaken Gwaya camp is within a fairly bushed up area and others have not felt comfortable in camp as you have no warning of potentially dangerous animals approaching.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

I stayed 6 nights in Gwaya in June 1012. As Stan says, it is not wide open like Mucheni or BBC, but it's not scary or anything. An ellie marched through our camp one night, we had to vacate our chairs around the braai at speed...! We heard leopard every night, but never saw one. Two resident buffalo dagga boys 20 m away, quite unconcerned, we had to shoo them away every day. Understand it's not right on the Zambezi proper, rather on a tributary that loops alongside, which did deliver a 7 lb tiger one evening. The 'ablutions' were pretty tired, but they all are. IMHO - way better that being in the main camp with other people.

We've camped in all 3 and all three are great. I'd say Mucheni 3 would be my first choice for you... we loved Gwaya and had ellies walking through 24 hours a day and then one morning a pack of wild dogs chased an impala through our camps. It's a beautiful spot and actually more private than Mucheni 3... and this past July we camped at Nkupe and it was also very private, not as much game coming through camp but we never saw another person. And a leopard walked right through our camp after dinner one night.

Hope this helps and doesn't just confuse you more.

Thanks very much everyone. Now transpires that the only available exclusive camp is Gwaya. We have one week, should we do Gwaya or Nyamepi?

I would do Gwaya. But check back with Zimparks in case there's a cancellation and do a few nights in Mucheni 3 if it becomes available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7152.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	315897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7167.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	315898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7226.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	315899  

Gwaya looks great thanx to all for posting and Kalahari9999 for asking. I am booked in at Gwaya (which is unknown to me) next July , amongst other campsites all of which I know. I am now happy! Mamasdriving great photo's.