Children's Sleeping Bag

Default Children's Sleeping Bag

I recently decided to try and get my daughter (4 yr old) into camping. I have kit for myself but was looking for an inexpensive children's sleeping bag for her (didn't want to spend an arm and a leg if she didn't like it). Well after trips to Outdoor Warehouse, Cape Union Mart, 4x4 Megaworld, etc. the cheapest I could find was one for R 85 at OW - not bad but it wasn't great quality either. I happened by the Makro in Woodmead the next day for some tools and found the same bag that was at OW for R 35 - an Orange Leisure Kid bag. Again, it isn't as nice as some of the fancy one's out there but at R 35, if she doesn't like camping no problem. Just thought I'd post it in case anyone was looking for a bag, with the price of petrol, just driving around pricing them doubles the price

Travis

Quote Originally Posted by vaulter1 View Post
    I recently decided to try and get my daughter (4 yr old) into camping. I have kit for myself but was looking for an inexpensive children's sleeping bag for her (didn't want to spend an arm and a leg if she didn't like it). Well after trips to Outdoor Warehouse, Cape Union Mart, 4x4 Megaworld, etc. the cheapest I could find was one for R 85 at OW - not bad but it wasn't great quality either. I happened by the Makro in Woodmead the next day for some tools and found the same bag that was at OW for R 35 - an Orange Leisure Kid bag. Again, it isn't as nice as some of the fancy one's out there but at R 35, if she doesn't like camping no problem. Just thought I'd post it in case anyone was looking for a bag, with the price of petrol, just driving around pricing them doubles the price

Travis
    Wow, that's quite a saving! I'd suggest you get her one of those small folding chairs as well. Children like to have furniture that fit them and don't make them feel small, and they're not that expensive either.