Hardbody VG33 battery don't last

Default Hardbody VG33 battery don't last

My VG33 has just chowed his battery after only 18 months (battery is very weak and only just started the car this morning). This is very disappointing as I run long distances every day and have no non-standard auxiliaries running off the battery. The previous battery started going weak as well and I charged it with my Ctek for 24 hours. When I took the Ctek off, the battery was stone dead, not even a dash light. So no use of trying that again.
    It is the right size and type of battery, am I just unlucky or should I go complain profusely. The car runs a daily 80 KM round trip and longer on weekends.
    Can it be slightly weak alternator?
    Rubbish batteries?

4x4AG0092
    3.3 HB 4x4 DC Auto
    Awesome post. I now declare you Gerrit456 - The Mad one

You do not mention the brand of battery. When it comes to car batteries you really get what you pay for. Heat is a killer too. Varta or Energizer (French / German made) car batteries are better than average.

I would also have the alternator / regulator checked and make sure that all contacts / earth straps are tight and corrosion free.

Also when last was the starter looked at?
    A quick service of the starter does not cost that much and your Nissan will start much faster with less strain on the battery.
    Any tracking device?

2007 Nissan Navara 4L Auto - Worshond

Just had the alternator tested at idle it runs 13.84V. The battery is a 657C Silver Calcium from Midas. Normally the car starts with what feels like half a turn (being a 6 and all). It seems like the battery takes a charge but does not hold the charge. When at Midas now, it worked fine. the guy said if it is back to its tricks in the morning, they might replace it.

Ps. is 13.8 enough? I thought these calcium batteries needs a slightly higher charge.

4x4AG0092
    3.3 HB 4x4 DC Auto

13.8v is more than enough. I don't have any experience with the midas brand battery so i cant comment on that. Maybe try and do a current draw test on the vehicle and see if you have excessive current draw on the battery while the vehicle is switched off. also check if all the body and engine earth are in good condition. (no corrosion and tightened properly)
    if the battery and all of the above check out there might be something wrong with the alternator. Good luck and hope you get it sorted

Went to Midas this morning to exchange the battery. Tested it with a big machine, cell dead. Tested alternator again (second opinion, tested at another branch yesterday) Alt 100% (sjoe!!) I was in my work clothes but they said I must take battery out myself, no probs but it is the model that only has ONE year warrentee. Guy tells me straight they are excrement and sells me a different one with 2 year warrentee. Lets hope it lasts! R1050

4x4AG0092
    3.3 HB 4x4 DC Auto

Great news. Believe me, you don't want to replace that alternator.
    Even aftermarket replacement is hectically expensive and reconditioning is not always an option.