Mad Manny goes Fong Kong - Page 13

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Default Mad Manny goes Fong Kong

Yip!
    Driving into Wynberg on Grayston, to do a 'cash extraction' as you enter Wynberg they were working on the road, my lane, the RHS lane, has to merge with the left lane.

Being next to Alex & being an industrial area (no housewives there) courtesy was lacking. So vehicles in my lane are not being let in easily.
    Anyway one by one, the vehicles ahead of me manage to slot in.

I need to fall in, in front of a taxi, but he decides to behave like the 'Untermensch' all taxi drivers are & refuses to let me in.
    I make as if I've given up, he relaxes & I gun it & squeeze in. But he holds his ground.

JMC & taxi grind together. I get out & ask him what is wrong with him, advise him that a beating is forthcoming.
    I ask him why he drives like a monkey & make it clear that I do not hold him, his mother, his industry or anything he holds dear in high regard.

He then says he was in front & I hit him - AT NO POINT WAS ANY PART OF HIS TAXI IN FRONT OF MY REAR WHEEL.

I then said [against TOS, against TOS, against TOS] his mothers [against TOS, against TOS, against TOS]...

By now there's traffic mayhem, so I unleash every African language insult I know & walk back to get in the JMC.
    He drives, sliding against the JMC &, once he knows he's safe, swears at me.

Obviously it is TOTALLY unacceptable to me that an 'UnterMensch' like a taxi driver ever dares to address me in any way other than in quivering fear, so I give chase, but I get cut off by a big tipper truck.

In the UnterMenschTaxiDriver's defense, he probably thought I was like every other spineless white driver who kowtow before taxi drivers as if taxi drivers are their lords & masters...
    Last edited by Mad Manny; 2014/10/07 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    Yip!
    Driving into Wynberg on Grayston, to do a 'cash extraction' as you enter Wynberg they were working on the road, my lane, the RHS lane, has to merge with the left lane.

Being next to Alex & being an industrial area (no housewives there) courtesy was lacking. So vehicles in my lane are not being let in easily.
    Anyway one by one, the vehicles ahead of me manage to slot in.

I need to fall in, in front of a taxi, but he decides to behave like the 'Untermensch' all taxi drivers are & refuses to let me in.
    I make as if I've given up, he relaxes & I gun it & squeeze in. But he holds his ground.

JMC & taxi grind together. I get out & ask him what is wrong with him, advise him that a beating is forthcoming.
    I ask him why he drives like a monkey & make it clear that I do not hold him, his mother, his industry or anything he holds dear in high regard.

He then says he was in front & I hit him - AT NO POINT WAS ANY PART OF HIS TAXI IN FRONT OF MY REAR WHEEL.

I then said [against TOS, against TOS, against TOS] his mothers [against TOS, against TOS, against TOS]...

By now there's traffic mayhem, so I unleash every African language insult I know & walk back to get in the JMC.
    He drives, sliding against the JMC &, once he knows he's safe, swears at me.

Obviously it is TOTALLY unacceptable to me that an 'UnterMensch' like a taxi driver ever dares to address me in any way other than in quivering fear, so I give chase, but I get cut off by a big tipper truck.

In the UnterMenschTaxiDriver's defense, he probably thought I was like every other spineless white driver who kowtow before taxi drivers as if taxi drivers are their lords & masters...

Did not happen, no pichas....

Would the bumper have made a difference?
    2010 Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4D 4x4
    Front Mount Intercooler / 76mm Exhaust / "Veri-Peri" Remote map Dastek chip - SAC / RAW4x4 Predator Suspension(HDP Shocks) / DIY Roof Rack / 265/70R17 BFG AT Ko2 / Frontrunner Rocksliders / Excel Long range Tank / Ironman Front Bumper / DIY Rear bumper with sparewheel carriers / DIY Centre Console / OOMS se Canvas Dash & Sparewheel covers ......what is next?
    2014 Toyota 3.0D4D Extracab
    Soos hy van sy Ma af kom
    2012 BMW X1 2.0D S-Drive
    Adrie's fuelsaver....[/B]
    All covered by:TUFFSTUFF INSURANCE PRODUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsman View Post
    Did not happen, no pichas....

Would the bumper have made a difference?
    The damage is low at the back corner - where I'll be putting the blue branding.
    You can't see it & it won't show in a photo. 98% will buff out.
    Bumper probably would not have helped.

Oh! got the cash.

The damage is low at the back corner - where I'll be putting the blue branding.
    You can't see it & it won't show in a photo. 98% will buff out.
    Bumper probably would not have helped.
    Cool, ek sal seker more die brackets kry van laser cutting af....
    Front Mount Intercooler / 76mm Exhaust / "Veri-Peri" Remote map Dastek chip - SAC / RAW4x4 Predator Suspension(HDP Shocks) / DIY Roof Rack / 265/70R17 BFG AT Ko2 / Frontrunner Rocksliders / Excel Long range Tank / Ironman Front Bumper / DIY Rear bumper with sparewheel carriers / DIY Centre Console / OOMS se Canvas Dash & Sparewheel covers ......what is next?
    Soos hy van sy Ma af kom
    2012 BMW X1 2.0D S-Drive

"Beating is forthcoming"? Not a stabbing?

Steve
    Callsign and forum ID: ZR6SGN
    Vimeo channel: https://vimeo.com/stevenuns
    How many is a brazillian?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR6SGN View Post
    "Beating is forthcoming"? Not a stabbing?
    I had no stabbing device at hand. He's lucky I wasn't in my D-Teq - I carry a leatherman there...

And yes, it's loud, I have to switch off before pressing the intercom when I arrive at client's...

Don't lie, the noise is the way I know it's you
    Discovery 3 TDV6 S G4 No 29 - Mine
    Discovery 4 TDV6 SE - SWAMBO's

Is the Taxi OK? .............
    .................................................. ......
    Gary W

Discovery 2 (Td5) Best 4x4xfar
    BMW GS 1200 Adventure. For when the road ends...
    Jurgens XT120..home away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsotsi View Post
    Is the Taxi OK? .............
    Maak dit saak?

Manny hows that piece of junk going, I need to buy one for our business.
    Jeep, there is only one.

Quote Originally Posted by kevjones View Post
    Manny hows that piece of junk going, I need to buy one for our business.
    Kev, for me it represents a R70k discount over any other new vehicle.
    But it's loud, cheap, nasty & has a small tank. But for me the correct decision.

A colleague has a Cornice & Skirting shop, he needed to dump his Kia because Imperial is useless.
    He bought a brand new Ranger 2.2 for R189k on a current special.

For him the Ranger is a better deal, it's bigger, more comfortable & he will be driving it.
    It does have less features though (wind up windows etc.).
    So the R47k extra is justified.

Depends on your usage & needs...

So the JMC goes in for it's 1st service.
    I booked it in because the book says "First service at 3000km or 1 month WHICHEVER COMES FIRST".
    The JMC is on 1200km.

I arrive & drive into the workshop.
    At Toyota: a Service Technician pushes a podium up to you, pulls the job card out & pouts it on top on his clipboard,
    checks your valuables are removed, asks if you need a lift, gets you to sign & you leave.
    At JMC: A mechanic tells you to get out the workshop.

So I park & walk into service reception where, probably the dumbest bee-yatch on God's earth helps me.
    * She did not know what I was doing there.
    * Has no record of my booking,
    * Gets snappy when I say I didn't bring the service book.
    * Snaps at me when I say the book is useless because the tank size is not mentioned.
    * Snaps at me & tells me to speak to the salesman about the tank size.
    * Then checks the mileage & asks me why I brought the vehicle in under 3000km.
    * When I tell her about the 1 month or 3000km WHICHEVER COMES FIRST thing she says "Oooo, I'll have to check that?"
    * She then calls Han, & says "This man has only done 1200km, yet he brought it in" Han shrugs & loses interest.
    * She then does a thorough check of the vehicle & complains about blue marks on the grill.
    * I tell her the marks are green, not blue & show her that it the underlying colour that is showing through because the paint is so thin.
    * I then tell her the windscreen washer sprays are too weak & the water doesn't make it to the glass. She tests, water doesn't manage to spray off the bonnet.
    * She then says (having the green marks & water spray taken the windgatigheid out of her) "We won't service, but we will fix the issues & clean it nicely for you...

Beginning to think paying an additional R100k & getting Jap class service may have been a better idea...
    Last edited by Mad Manny; 2014/10/16 at 10:19 AM.

So the JMC goes in for it's 1st service.
    I booked it in because the book says "First service at 3000km or 1 month WHICHEVER COMES FIRST".
    The JMC is on 1200km.

I arrive & drive into the workshop.
    At Toyota: a Service Technician pushes a podium up to you, pulls the job card out & pouts it on top on his clipboard,
    checks your valuables are removed, asks if you need a lift, gets you to sign & you leave.
    At JMC: A mechanic tells you to get out the workshop.

So I park & walk into service reception where, probably the dumbest bee-yatch on God's earth helps me.
    * She did not know what I was doing there.
    * Has no record of my booking,
    * Gets snappy when I say I didn't bring the service book.
    * Snaps at me when I say the book is useless because the tank size is not mentioned.
    * Snaps at me & tells me to speak to the salesman about the tank size.
    * The checks the mileage & asks me why I brought the vehicle in under 3000km.
    * When I tell her about the 1 month or 3000km WHICHEVER COMES FIRST thing she says "Oooo, I'll have to check that?"
    * She then calls Han, & says "This man has only done 1200km, yet he brought it in" Han shrugs & loses interest.
    * She then does a thorough check of the vehicle & complains about blue marks on the grill.
    * I tell her the marks are green, not blue & show her that it the underlying colour that is showing through because the paint is so thin.
    * I then tell her the windscreen washer sprays are too weak & the water doesn't make it to the glass. She tests, water doesn't manage to spray off the bonnet.
    * She then says (having the green marks & water spray taken the windgatigheid out of her) "I we won't service, but we will fix the issues & clean it for you...

Beginning to think paying an additional R100k & getting Jap class service may have been a better idea...
    N.C.
    Soos hy van sy Ma af kom
    2012 BMW X1 2.0D S-Drive

I and many of the forum members want to give credit and gratitude to Manny. He is a man who will help out Forum members,go out his way to make sure we don't mess up with bad choices,he spent his hard earned cash to prevent us spending ours.

A big thanks Manny on buying that crappy JMC, now we won't make the same mistake
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Lol!

2003 ISUZU 300TDI LX D/C 4x4 MET BAIE EXSTRAS
    2015 JURGENS XT140 OFFROAD TRAILER WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES

It is disappointing reading this. I was hoping the Chinese have upped their game.

Hope it improves rapidly.

But then it seems to be more people then product related
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

our china bakkie door handle broke.....again
    it is no longer covered under guarantee
    it is now considered wear and tear

POceapS
    V51JP
    Namboyz Rule

Next time someone says Manny cannot admit a mistake or says he is only defending his decision... point them here.
    Thanks Manny
    Jonathan
    Fortuner D4D 4x4 - stuff and things added

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast