Roofrack "Work" Light

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Roofrack "Work" Light

Does anybody know where (I stay in Pretoria) to purchase the spot light that is typically mounted on the rear of a roofrack/roll bar/canopy. It is inside a rubber type casing and has a handle and a switch on the light (I think??) See pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lig spot op sleepwa 2.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	17798  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ELU; 2008/05/15 at 03:46 PM.

Its a Hella light, I know Mida's used to sell them, as well as 4x4 Megaworld. Don't know what they currently cost. Really useful to have if you are working at night, even just packing or unpacking a trailer, etc.

AutoZone

Mitsubishi 4 Door
    3lt V6 2006 Facelift 4x4
    ORRA Details:
    29mHz: ZRF430
    Club Call sign: B33

Went to have a look at the Hella light at Midas.

Decided such a light is purely a nice-to-have in my case and can do without it!! At a price tag of R680 (no wiring & no bulb!!) I am sure I can use the money more efficiently. Must admit, well made & strong!!

Any such second hand lights lying around in someone's garage?? Please let me know if you want to get rid of it!!

I really like those Work lights...

but has nobody made a light in the same fashion with a LED or Krypton bulb... well at least something that is more power eficient...

Most useful bit of kit, the Hella working light. Safari Center has them too.
    I have 3 of them rigged up (rear corners and rear center) and wired to a dash switch. Excellent for reversing in dark tight spots.

Yes, these lights are very durable and very usefull. I had hella plugs fitted in various places on my vehicle and on my trailer in order to plug this light and other lights into. I also made a stand for it and a base with non/scratch and non/slip material underneath. I now want to know if you could fit a suction cup to the bottom of it. Where can you buy something like this? It will then be able to be mounted nearly anywhere i want to on my rig. I also wired up an extension cable for it. I now want to expand its functionality.
    JonoB
    Current: Toyota FJ Sport Cruiser

Previous: VW Amarok ULTIMATE 4motion (auto)
    Previous: Amarok 4motion (MT) with a few goodies
    Previous: Isuzu KB300 Dteq 4x4 not that many goodies
    Prevous: Isuzu KB360 4x4 with a few goodies

oryx1217 Guest

Default hella work light

I see you are staying in Pretoria.In Vermeulen street there is a small littel shop just after the big metro general store.If you pass the metro store on your left the shop is about 50m on you left hand side it almost look like a spare shop try them got my hella's from them for cheap and also saw the work light there they got the hella and a much cheaper one there (+-R120) try them I'm sure you will get what you whant there

Quote Originally Posted by jonoB View Post
    Yes, these lights are very durable and very usefull. I had hella plugs fitted in various places on my vehicle and on my trailer in order to plug this light and other lights into. I also made a stand for it and a base with non/scratch and non/slip material underneath. I now want to know if you could fit a suction cup to the bottom of it. Where can you buy something like this? It will then be able to be mounted nearly anywhere i want to on my rig. I also wired up an extension cable for it. I now want to expand its functionality.
    JonoB

Jono.

Maybe have a look at your local angling store ath the fishing rod holders - those things can suck a tennis ball through a garden hose and will not slip of the side of the vehicle. I assume some mods will have to be made, or an attachment bracket, but i'm sure they'll work.

M2CW
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.