Day trip tent or gazebo

Default Day trip tent or gazebo

Hi all,
    I am looking for a tent or gazebo for day trips to the dam, park, etc. I want something that's of good quality and not too difficult to assemble and take down. I have a 2-month old baby so UV resistant is also a must. Please help with any particular brands and types that you can recommend.

I have a First Up gazebo, available at Makro. The frame is already assembled; you just need to extend it to almost full-size, put the canopy on and fully extend and click in the legs. Two people can do it in less time than it takes to change a nappy! The canopy, which is some kind of canvas, has a reflective silver-grey coating on the inside, which helps a lot with heat reflection too. I think it's 3x3m and the legs have three height positions, depending on how high you want the canopy to be and if there's a strong wind or not. I've even used it as a kind of windbreak, also protecting us from the rain, with only two legs extended all the way and the other two just part of the way.
    Last edited by stadleroux; 2008/05/12 at 10:53 AM.

Have a look at my post lower down here re Bushtec tents: I'm looking at buying their Canteen, which is 3mX3m with a cotton/polyester mix top and dense mosquito netting side panels. I'm waiting for our local 4x4 Megaworld to clear some floor space so they can put it up for closer inspection, but it looks like a really good product. The advantage is that you can also order a floor built in, and the factory is not too far from you, ie Ladysmith KZN. The company that makes them is Canvas and Tent. Shop floor price without the floor is R1500 - more than a gazebo, but this looks very sturdy and well built. In good weather, you could easily sleep four people in it.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

Thanks guys, will look at both options.

Quote Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
    I have a First Up gazebo, available at Makro. The frame is already assembled; you just need to extend it to almost full-size, put the canopy on and fully extend and click in the legs.
    I've also got one of these. 2.5 x 2.5 and R 650 out of the pocket. Compared to my old "Where's that damn diagram?" gazebo, this thing is a breeze. It's a little heavier than the old one and takes up more room, but makes up in the 2 minutes up or down stakes.

Cheers
    V6 Pathfinder (AirMax, KC Daylighters, Bash plate, D694's, EFS 2" Lift)
    Conqueror Conquest (90L National Luna Twin + Stuff)