No JMC Category or threads - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Please not another fongkong problem thread

2003 ISUZU 300TDI LX D/C 4x4 MET BAIE EXSTRAS
    2015 JURGENS XT140 OFFROAD TRAILER WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES

Quote Originally Posted by Edwonne View Post
    Please not another fongkong problem thread
    You really don't have to read this one then. Lots of other threads to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgins77 View Post
    You really don't have to read this one then. Lots of other threads to choose from.
    Totally agree

2003 ISUZU 300TDI LX D/C 4x4 MET BAIE EXSTRAS
    2015 JURGENS XT140 OFFROAD TRAILER WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES

In the back of the older JMC bakkie there is a small Isuzu badge in the the bottom right corner if the tailgate. I asked their service manager about this about a year ago, he replied that the badge states "Made under license to Isuzu".

I was looking for an engine part for my Isuzu engine which I could not find at GM, I found it in their limited spares department at that time. At that time their 2.8 diesels were direct copies, made under license to Isuzu, thus the interchangeably. Their petrol versions were copies of the Toyota 4Y.

I see that since that last visit they have now changed their model line-up, so I'm not sure if they are still using the same power plants & drive trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No problem, its common knowledge that if someone cannot afford or drive a specific vehicle they become motoring journos in order to criticize them...........

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...d.php?t=195644
    Andre Botha
    2006 Pajero 3.8 GLS LWB, Gomad bash plates. Monroe Adventure shocks.

Default Re: No JMC Category or threads

Quote Originally Posted by JediNAfrica View Post
    i thought i heard the diesel engines in the jmc's were actually isuzu engines. not just clones like in the gwm and few other brands. is this true.
    For the record, the JMC Boarding is using an Isuzu 4JB1 engine. There is even ISUZU written on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    There is no category because, until recently, Jialing Motor Corp did not offer a 4x4...
    But maybe Dirk can start considering it... After all he started a GWM section.
    The GWM section was started when Dirk copied the Isuzu section.
    He can do the same here...
    Nope. I bought my 2.8 TD 4x4 in 2011. Badge on the back says Jiangling - Isuzu Motor Corporation.
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Higgins77 View Post
    From the little I have heard, no real big complaints so far on these bakkies.
    Obviously trade-in values would come up.
    I am more interested in the quality of the vehicle, ride, reliability, issues, and service from JMC.

So if there are any JMC bakkie owner out there, willing to stick their necks out and give us some feedback on these bakkies.

@ Site admin - How's about adding a Category for JMC owners maybe?
    I bought my JMC 2.8 TD 4x4 Double Cab in 2011. I was warned by certain people that I would be buying a Chinese rattler. So here's the report:

Isuzu moved their KB factory to China and produced this bakkie. It's an Isuzu KB 280 with a new nose, lights and trim. The doors and cab are Isuzu. The chassis is the same as the Isuzu KB.

The vehicle is used in the Karoo and runs on dirt a lot. It has an excellent ride over corrugations and bad dirt. I have yet to bottom the suspension as I have on my Isuzu Frontier fitted with gas shocks. No rattles yet after 8 years on bad roads. The load has varied from bricks, coal, sand, cement and tiles which were fetched in George, 400km away over two passes towing a double axle trailer of 500kg loaded with 1900 kg tiles and 500kg grout, cement and tiles in the back of the bakkie. Climbed the Outeniqua and Theekloof passes with this load in 2nd and 3rd gear. Also used to transport olives to Leeu Gamka for pressing using a double axle trailer.

Features - The bakkie has lockable front wheel hubs, a five speed box with a low and high range transfer box. The seats are leather and all the luxuries present - electric windows, air con, and a sound system which is now outdated. Reversing radar that lights up in the mirror. Rubberised bak. The headlight height can be adjusted from the drivers seat. Fog lamps as well.

Service - Because I was so far from a JMC dealer, they agreed that warranty services could be done at any RMI registered independent. My warranty claims of a headlight failing and a temperature gauge reading randomly were dealt with promptly and without a fuss.

Cons - Noise insulation. The bakkie is quite loud but then it is intended as a commercial vehicle.

Feel free to ask more.
    Last edited by Olyfboer; 2019/09/18 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Information
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olyfboer For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2