Off Trax Trailer Fan Club - Page 10

Page 10 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 60 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ErichV View Post
    Our first real trip with the trailer will be to KNP next year July if our lives get spared by the Allmighty Father
    Amen!
    George Brittnell
    "Pray Until Success Happens"

I am going through to Ptown this weekend to finalise my order and for SWAMBO to see the trailer for the first time and to have some input as well. Hopefully she will like the trailer after selling my caravan for a trailer
    Erich ... did you decide on which awning to use?

Quote Originally Posted by bossie79 View Post
    Ek het die video gesien waar Chris die groot awning afslaan (5minute saam tent), maar hoe lank vat dit om op te slaan? Vir die gewone ou, nie Chris nie?

Toyota

15-20 minutes without any help and including putting up 4 side panels. And this was only the second time I attempted it.

Quote Originally Posted by bossie79 View Post
    Yes Bossie, I'm going to take the L-shape awning. I also gave Chris a sugestion on a side panel fot the kitchen but he still has to do a propper investigstion to see if it will work. I also want a breaked axle but not the 2500kg as I think it is too much for the weight of the trailer and Chris said he can get me a 1600kg braked axle which I'm going to take.
    Erich Visser
    2015 Suzuki GV 2.4 m/t 40mm lift and Bash Plates
    2015 Off Trax Outplay Trailer
    2006 Mercedes A170 (Swambo's)
    1996 Mazda Magnum 2600 D/C 4x4 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikepike View Post
    15-20 minutes without any help and including putting up 4 side panels. And this was only the second time I attempted it.
    That is seriously quick!
    How big is it exactly and what is your opinion about it Mike?
    Toyota

Hi Platjan. Awning is 6m x 6m. 4 side panels are 2 m in length each which enables you to make a nice cosy corner out of the weather. Unfortunately my first trailer got stolen before we could test it out properly but the good news is, after getting the insurance sorted and after approximately 4 month wait I collect our new baby tomorrow.

I will post my impressions after our camping trips in Dec and Jan. Doing a couple of nights at Buffelspoort and then off down Oudtshoorn way and Garden Route in January.

Here is a pic of the setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Platjan. Awning is 6m x 6m. 4 side panels are 2 m in length each which enables you to make a nice cosy corner out of the weather. Unfortunately my first trailer got stolen before we could test it out properly but the good news is, after getting the insurance sorted and after approximately 4 month wait I collect our new baby tomorrow.

I will post my impressions after our camping trips in Dec and Jan. Doing a couple of nights at Buffelspoort and then off down Oudtshoorn way and Garden Route in January.
    Thanx Mike. Enjoy your new trailer and remember to post pictures!
    Last edited by Platjan; 2015/01/25 at 10:20 PM.
    Toyota

Nice Mike! Enjoy and lock her up.

So just a couple of impressions after collecting my new Outplay yesterday.
    The rain prevented me from pitching the tent, but I did manage to get all the camping gear packed.

Improvements over the previous model:

Larger size door locks - much easier on the fingers when opening and closing
    Window opens fully on kitchen side - breakfast in bed. Also easier to make the bed.
    TTT attaches to the trailer side with velcro - should keep the bugs out.
    Slightly bigger tent bag - bedding and kids mattresses can now remain on the bed when packing up.

What amazes me about these trailers is the attention to detail. Despite not taking the full complement of 8 Led lights, the wiring loom is already in place for when I decide to add the extra lights.

Now need to just get through the last 3 weeks of work before we can camp!

Mikepike, we just missed each other yesterday. Was there between 09:15 and approximately 10:30 to finise my order. Enjoy the new trailer and I hope you have many years of enjoyable camping with it. I do beleive that it is very good quality trailers at very reasonable prices. I think Wegsleep should test it out again with all the mods been made after the previous review.
    Last edited by ErichV; 2014/11/16 at 07:35 AM. Reason: wrong time
    Erich Visser

Ja just missed you Erich - I was there around 11:00. Going to potter around this morning and see if I can sort out a bracket for my working light. Looking at something that can just clip onto a tent pole. When do you get your trailer?

Ja just missed you Erich - I was there around 11:00. Going to potter around this morning and see if I can sort out a bracket for my working light. Looking at something that can just clip onto a tent pole. When do you get your trailer?
    If everything goes according to plan it will be 24 Jan.
    Erich Visser

Here is a pic of the setup.
    No Mike - can't see the Outplay, it is hiding in the shade. Gooi enetjie waar dit was sigbaar is, man....
    George Brittnell
    "Pray Until Success Happens"

Hi George. I'll post some better pics this weekend.

How many of you guys have the un-braked offTrax and what is your experience?
    Is the additional cost of buying it with braked axle vs. fitting braked axle later approx same or is it a lot more to do it later ?
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neoT View Post
    How many of you guys have the un-braked offTrax and what is your experience?
    Is the additional cost of buying it with braked axle vs. fitting braked axle later approx same or is it a lot more to do it later ?
    Not sure what the cost will be to replace at a later stage but then you sit with the hassle to sell the un-braked axle again. I am under correction but I don't think the un-braked axle has shocks on where the braked one does.
    Erich Visser

Not sure what the cost will be to replace at a later stage but then you sit with the hassle to sell the un-braked axle again. I am under correction but I don't think the un-braked axle has shocks on where the braked one does.
    Will the cost not be more? If you order it with the braked axle, they keep the other axle, but if you do it later you sit with both of them.

I think you will also have to take the trailer through the test again to get the higher weight rating.
    Toyota

Die koste om die rem as later te doen gaan meer kos ja. die A-raam gaan moet verander asook die registrasie dokumente.
    Dit is altyd beter om die rem sisteem van die begin af te doen, kos nou bietjie meer as die ongeremde opsie maar die remme word ook duurder met tyd.
    Die onderstelle kom almal std met skokbreker "brackets". 15" gerem en ongerem kom std met skokbrekers uit en dit kan op die 14" as ook gepas word, 2 "brackets" en dis dit.

Groetnis

Page 10 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 60 ... LastLast