Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What a disappointment!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    A short while ago I wrote to Leopard resorts.

• work done to rehabilitate the Camping/Caravan area (including grassing, gardening, and demarcation of sites), the renovations to all the ablution blocks and the upgrading of all the camp site electrical points. The estimated due date for completion is end November 2014. • The renovation and refurbishment of 29 chalets, including gardens and braai areas. The estimated due date for completion is end November 2014
    </pre>
    Just came from a weekend of camping at Manyane and it will be the last for a very LONG time...
    What they forgot to mention is that the actual completion date will be around 2016/2017
    They have started some renovations to ablutions but left the rest of the campers 30 odd stands in one area to share * females (1 shower and 1 toilet) * males (1 shower and 1 toilet) what a mess
    Being the same weekend as the Nedbank challenge, the camp was almost full and having almost none ablutions open was crazy.
    Some serious management needed to sort out whats left of a previous good resort
    2010 Ford Ranger 3.0 XLT SuperCab
    2005 Echo 4

What was the game sightings like?
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

One thing about Pilansberg is that it never disappoint when it comes to game viewing...
    We were treated to some excellent scenes of newly born elephant babies to lions and there 3 little cubs!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2010 Ford Ranger 3.0 XLT SuperCab
    2005 Echo 4

I have said for a while now.

Give us a camp in the Pilansberg with just ablutions, nothing else. Only allow self sufficient campers. I would pay extra for that.
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    I have said for a while now.

Give us a camp in the Pilansberg with just ablutions, nothing else. Only allow self sufficient campers. I would pay extra for that.
    Be careful what you wish for Manyane might just deteriorate to this level

Glad to hear that the game numbers are increasing again. At one stage a lot of predators were removed as they were in direct competition with the hunting policy. I can remember seeing herds of sable............... and then they disappeared
    Henk

Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by hbannink View Post

'(
    It's not far off that already.

Manyane and Bakgatle annoy me intensely. So close, so convenient, and nobody there give a damn.

It's not just about lack of money, the staff just don't seem to give a damn. The last time we were at Manyane, I had to go and find the cleaners to ask them to put toilet paper in the toilets at 8 am. Half an hour later they sluiped along and dumped a bag of toilet rolls next to the basins.

I suppose they don't want to go into those cubicles either.
    Andrew Beuster

Amarok milk bottle

"So really , you are not so smart , you are a old Oomie that has to much time on his hands" - Christo Meisenheimer

Quote Originally Posted by Woestyn Kameel View Post
    What a disappointment!!!!

Just came from a weekend of camping at Manyane and it will be the last for a very LONG time...
    What they forgot to mention is that the actual completion date will be around 2016/2017
    They have started some renovations to ablutions but left the rest of the campers 30 odd stands in one area to share * females (1 shower and 1 toilet) * males (1 shower and 1 toilet) what a mess
    Being the same weekend as the Nedbank challenge, the camp was almost full and having almost none ablutions open was crazy.
    Some serious management needed to sort out whats left of a previous good resort
    I cant see the reason for the complaint, "One man one toilet" is a fantastic policy especially if there is only one man. It's a lot like one man one vote - the pillar of democracy.

Time for some more KFC while we decide who gets the tender to award the tender from the national framework and some wings while we add up the scorecard to ensure that the framework was advised by the advisers or the advisers who have a national duty to the framework of the central body. Only then can one ensure that participation at grassroots levels can be adhered to in the affirmative. Service delivery is our priority and that is why we have brught in consultants to develop the service delivery framework which was destroyed during apartheid. When one lloks at these evils surrounding us we must not over react to the outside forces which seek to undermine the framework at grassroots levels.

Translation : "Eh we dont know how to build an out house.:
    Last edited by hbannink; 2014/12/09 at 09:09 PM.
    Jeep, there is only one.

Quote Originally Posted by LandyAndy View Post
    It's not far off that already.

Manyane and Bakgatle annoy me intensely. So close, so convenient, and nobody there give a damn..............

.............r.
    I used to love the place, the restock and return to nature during operation genesis was just short of a miracle. Creating a park insid the crater of an old volcano was something out of Africa. For many year the camp commandant at Manyane took best caravan park in SA award and it was truly worthy of the award. The section of paving on the sharp incline was done so that maintenance would be simple and economical and cost about 20x what a section of tar would cost. On the game side it was almost a zoo with the quantity and variation of species, falling on the edge of the bushveld as well as the drier sandveld biomes one would find springbok as well as impala and many other such examples.

Then independence happened and Mangope was...... the park was given to northwest parks to run and boy did they ............ it up. Hunting was a great way to improve revenue and the predators were cut down in number as they were in direct competition with the hunting revenue which was not always paid to the right channels...

I stopped going there when the game on the menu in Manyane restaurant became more than the game on the veld. I am quite lucky when it comes to spotting game but when kakibos and bugweed start dominating the veld and herds of zebra are reduced to single animals......something is wrong and it is not just the potholed roads. HUUUGE sadness.

On the positive side the decay in Plianesberg has led me to Marakele and the bathrooms there are the cleanest in the Sanparks stable. You have a better chance of hearing lion and the buffalo are as elusive, but game come to visit you at camp. Getting up in the morning and watching the game come to the waterhole with a cup of steaming coffee from the comfort of your own camp is just awesome for me
    Henk

Follow us on Facebook

On the positive side the decay in Plianesberg has led me to Marakele and the bathrooms there are the cleanest in the Sanparks stable. You have a better chance of hearing lion and the buffalo are as elusive, but game come to visit you at camp. Getting up in the morning and watching the game come to the waterhole with a cup of steaming coffee from the comfort of your own camp is just awesome for me
    Henk, I think you and Jenny will have to give Lex and I a guided tour early next year!
    Andrew Beuster

Amarok milk bottle

"So really , you are not so smart , you are a old Oomie that has to much time on his hands" - Christo Meisenheimer

Glad to hear that the game numbers are increasing again. At one stage a lot of predators were removed as they were in direct competition with the hunting policy. I can remember seeing herds of sable............... and then they disappeared
    I think you might be mistaken here Henk. A number of Lion were removed as the park can only handle a maximum of 32 Lion. Right now the number is considerably higher than what the park can carry.
    the Sable have been wiped out by the Lion. the Cheetah are now down to 2 animals with the female only recently being brought in (most were killed by lions) a lot of the wild dogs have been relocated as the park can not handle two large packs. they were also costing the park a fortune in fence repairs, as chasing game into the fence became the one packs standard means of hunting.
    people tend to forget that the park is only 52 000ha.

as for the ablutions and the facilities and the noise from the 3 taverns around the camp...............
    Living in the land Down Under.

here is holding thumbs, we only go for a day visit, and would love to camp there as it is so close by, but have seen the state of the camping sites...
    “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
    Dr. Seuss

JohanVisser's Swambo

Not a platkar - Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland
    Platkar - Volvo V40 D3 (woelwater)*sold*
    Platkar - VW Polo 1.2 TDI Bluemotion*sold*
    Platkar - VW Vivo 1.6*sold*

Actually, we camped at Manyane for the school holiday week in October. It was fantastic. Yes I agree there were some visible lack of maintenance, and when we played put put the children were given a 3 wood, a 3 iron and a sand wedge, actually quite difficult for put put.

But it was great. If you want a hotel, there is plenty around. Don't go camping then. I think camping requires a certain level of independence, simplicity, tolerance, and relaxed attitude. Let's hope we will always be able to be free to camp.

My wife and I are due at Manayne in early January. Not sure sure if it worth the money based on what I am reading above.

Bill - I promise you, you will enjoy it!
    “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
    Dr. Seuss

JohanVisser's Swambo

Not a platkar - Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland
    Platkar - Volvo V40 D3 (woelwater)*sold*
    Platkar - VW Polo 1.2 TDI Bluemotion*sold*
    Platkar - VW Vivo 1.6*sold*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2