Steve Auto Clinic Power Plug

Default Steve Auto Clinic Power Plug

Has anybody with Nissan hardbody 4x4 3TDI fitted this plug and your comments please.

Cant comment on the diesel 3.0TDI but my 2.4se was chipped and tuned by SAC . Before hand it made 78KW and 187nm afterwards 91.5kw 205NM
    Did not notice a major improvement

The my Musso was also tuned and optimized by them it made 84KW and 266nm and afterwards 89Kw and 294.2nm. Now I would say the figures are very suspect since the musso only makes 85kw and 255nm standard
    But on the musso I have noticed a major improvement turbo lags is why less and it just pulls alot better

I have a friend who just had his Nissan 3.0TD S/C done today . Before hand it made 91KW and 285nm and After the chip it made 102.5kw and 345NM I must say it makes a huge difference feels the same as a Toyota Hilux D4D

Here is a road test link
    I believe they claim the power figurers on the fly wheel in the test and not on the wheels
    http://www.steves.co.za/Road%20tests/Topcar%20Nissan%20Hardbody.html

Foundit Guest

Hi, I had a chip fitted to my Pathfinder diesel. At the end with the second generation chip I ended up with 151 Kw from 128 std and 503 Nm from 401. The power is amazing and the overtaking when towing my Conquest railer is a breeze. Average fuel consumption dropped from 9.8l/100km to 9.1l/100km.

503NM

Hi,

I did mine a while ago,

from 78kw to 99.8kw & 245nm to 361nm on the wheels.

It makes a huge difference, a complete new vehicle.

I've surprised many a D4D since I've done the conversion.

If you drive an Isusie you will create a beast with SAC's unichip.

Boy ohh boy they are strong.

Anyhow, I love my Hardbody to bits.

Cheers

Johan

Hi Foundit

Where did you buy that chip from?

The Bruck Guest

Yes, I have also done my vehicle which is a Prado Diesel and especially from 1st to second gear, have noticed a major improvement. My husband has also done his diesel Hilux, with major improvement in power, especially when towing the caravan.
    Regards Des

4ePajero Guest

I have found only one supplier who is honest enough to admit what the after market chip actually does: (my bold and underline)

If you own a diesel car, van, SUV, or truck, you probably desire more power and better overall performance. In recent years, many improvements have been made to the once noisy and sluggish diesel engine. Despite the latest technology that has produced a quieter ride and cleaner emissions, diesel engines still lack the power and responsiveness of their gasoline counterparts. If you are like many diesel owners who are seeking a practical and high-quality tuning device, TDC Technologies has the answer - the PowerBox.
    The PowerBox is an adjustable plug-in power conversion that provides up to 30% more horsepower (HP) and torque. Power gains vary depending on the type of engine and fuel injection system used. The unit is digital and consists of a microprocessor housed in a shock resistant casing. The unit can be installed in less than 5 minutes. All TDC Technologiesí PowerBoxes are equipped with OEM plugs that are inserted into the wiring loom between the fuel injection system and the electronic control unit (ECU). The PowerBox intercepts the signals that pass back and forth, and modifies them to create an increase in fueling by altering the timing of the injectors, holding them open longer.
    So, for me - no thanks!

Gerhard you are quite "bold" in your statement saying you won't install it. What is your reason for this. I do not know anything about the technicalties, purely that it is suppose to give you more power and torque based on the feedback from others on this forum.

4ePajero Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johanvb View Post
    Gerhard you are quite "bold" in your statement saying you won't install it. What is your reason for this. I do not know anything about the technicalties, purely that it is suppose to give you more power and torque based on the feedback from others on this forum.

1. The Di-D develops enough power.
    2. It is a very economical engine - why change that?
    3. over-fuelling is a sure way of killing a TD!

Personal preferences... I cant see anything wrong with the closed loop system though. The cheaper plug and play system i wouldnt touch, as egts are left to do what they want. i want something to minitor my engine. Go only for a closed loop...
    Current: Toyota FJ Sport Cruiser

Previous: VW Amarok ULTIMATE 4motion (auto)
    Previous: Amarok 4motion (MT) with a few goodies
    Previous: Isuzu KB300 Dteq 4x4 not that many goodies
    Prevous: Isuzu KB360 4x4 with a few goodies

OK, a lot is said in 'hear-say' and there is more to it than simply Plug-n-play. Manufacturers install general mapped software for a particular engine throughout the range though no 2 engines are the same. If there is some flaw they detune the engine to 'hide' the flaw. A plug-n-play system must be tuned to your vehicle by a reputeable installer using a dyno. It is optimized throughout the range to assure no overfueling but optimum timing and fuel delivery duration. The problem however it takes a lot of time to optimize as dyno's are expensive machines and normally has a lot of vehicles to do.
    I did my vehicle through Nissan dealership but I spent about 4 hours with the technician to optimize it for my needs. It's done 100k already without a glitch and has super power. Before on the rear wheels: [email protected] 3500rpm, [email protected] 2000rpm (Bad Nissan tuning!) Fitted intercooler and chip after optimizing now [email protected] 3400rpm, 389nm @ 2000rpm. Fuel consumption city 11l/100km (32" tyres km calculation not correct. If I use GPS km then 10.4l/100km) So for me as an engineer that understand mechanics and many other electrical things I'll go for it but then know how to drive a diesel else fit a ETG to tell you when you are an idiot!
    Last edited by Jengel; 2008/08/28 at 07:53 AM.
    Toyota Hilux D4D SR5
    ZS6YR/VK4JHE